A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Usernames: Talk about Crafty!  (Read 82121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shwiggles
« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2004 02:38:49 AM »

I really have no idea where I came up with it.  Ok, that's a lie, it was in the shower, but I have no idea what it means, or why I picked it, or how it came to me.  My name is Shari, maybve that accounts for the SH part of iit.. but other than that, I have no idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
freakymysty
« Reply #251 on: December 05, 2004 08:13:37 PM »

'Eyo.  I haven't commented on a post in craftster before but this one is so interesting that I thought I'd contribute for once.
I was a huge chat nerd and my favorite program to use was The Palace.  I started out with just Mystery as my nickname, then it evolved into several hundred different variations (exagerrating of course but it was quite a lot still).  Then I became obsessed with Courage the Cowardly Dog and the episode Freaky Fred.  So my name became freakymysty.  Mysty because mystery would have been too long.  I like to type it as FreakyMysty© for no reason at all  Tongue.  Anyway, it's proving to be mostly unique so I don't have to worry about keeping up with tons of different usernames on different sites and whatnot.
I'm slacking off at work just to read this thread and put in my own two cents, eheh  Grin.

Oh man ;x I loved Palace.

Wow!  I didn't expect anyone else to know about Palace.  I miss that program, it's gone downhill  Sad.  Unless you actually like talking to those people at The Mansion - heh.  I personally loved TAC, which was a server for anime fans although we created more drama than anything, lol.  Ah... I feel so old now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caradea
Tutorial Contributor

former crocheter, avid photographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2004 06:34:28 AM »

liquorice comfits are like Good'n'Plenty in the US - they're not nasty at all. comfit refers to the sugary coating and to some extent sugared (or Jordan) almonds are a kind of comfit. So you're sweet on the outside, comfit!  Wink

Caradea is actually two words taken from Latin (Cara Dea) and it means dear (or beloved) goddess. The hamstergirl title came from the fact that I'm on too many hamster websites and own three hamsters.

there they are  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miffy
« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2004 12:13:48 PM »

Wow!  I didn't expect anyone else to know about Palace.  I miss that program, it's gone downhill  Sad.  Unless you actually like talking to those people at The Mansion - heh.  I personally loved TAC, which was a server for anime fans although we created more drama than anything, lol.  Ah... I feel so old now.

Holy crap, I started going on Palace when I was in fourth grade and was on there every day for years. I remember creating "Love Realm" with a bunch of friends. I even had one of those funny "Palace relationships" that lasted a few hours. But yeah, Palace has become a thing of the past. Which is unfortunate, but it was fun while it lasted ;x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shirl_ravenlock
Beatle freak/Anthro geek

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 06, 2004 02:22:55 PM »

In the entirety of my life of only used two usernames; andythealien and this one.  The former was because my nickname at the time was Andy, and I was really into X-files, the supernatural and such.  Shirl Ravenlock is a character from Terry Brooks fantasy series Shannara.  I love the female fantasy characters.  I want pretty flowy dresses like theirs.  Also, it just sounds cool.

Ravenlock
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't intimidate me, you carry your lunch in a tube!
Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2004 09:37:09 PM »

Been here a long time, though lurking, mostly.

My nickname came from my wedding date. I was tired of all the junkmail on Hotmail so I came up with some random thing.

Nineightohone... Nine Eight Oh One... 9/8/01

And yes, that WAS three days before "The" September 11th.

woo!  Pain in the rear to spell when people ask for my email address, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.etsy.com Thanks Smiley
stoliedina
« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2004 08:09:29 PM »

What a great topic! My username -stoliedina- comes from a joke between me and my older sister.

My sister and I are 12 years apart, she is nearing 34 and I am 22. We have a very close bond and party together like friends. We have a running joke that when we are "old and not so grey" that we'll be just like Patsy and Edina from Absolutely Fabulous. She's blonde and beautiful, I'm brunette and quirkily cute, therefore she's "Pats" and I'm "Eddy."

There is an episode of AbFab where Pats is hanging out of a helicopter w/ glasses and bottle in hand screaming "STOLI EDDY, STOLI!!!"

Hence: Stoliedina.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
javede
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2005 02:08:42 PM »

Wow, cool thread.
My username is actually the result from the first forum( or was it mail  Huh) I ever signed.
I wanted to have an easy one i would always remember, so I thought to use my initals JVD which stand for
"Jani n Vanessa D." But that was too short. So I thought I take the first two letters of every name ->javade
But that one was taken. Therefore I ended up with javede. Which I lately found out is an afghan name...for boys  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
bonanzajellybean

Even art teachers get the blues.

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 03, 2005 06:48:53 AM »

Bonanza Jellybean is a character out of Tom Robbins book 'Even Cowgirls get the blues.'  I just finished reading the book when I signed up and I loved the character's name.  Tom Robbins is a great author so you should read this book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my handspun fibers...
http://www.thirdfloorfibers.etsy.com
stepitote
« Reply #259 on: January 03, 2005 08:19:05 AM »

I hate picking usernames. It seems I'm never able to come up with anything clever.

Stepitote is what some very sloppy catalog worker with poor typing skills typed instead of my actual name (Stefanie) when I ordered something over the phone a few years back. I can tell what other companies they sold my name to, because now I get all sorts of other junk mail addressed to Stepitote. They also got my last name very wrong. Now it's sort of a running joke with my sisters.

The other name I contemplated using was Step-on-me, which is what a friend from college used to call me, for the obvious sort-of-rhyming reason. But "step-on-me" sounded sort of masochistic, I guess, so Stepitote it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

They say goldfish have no memory; I guess their lives are much like mine, and the little plastic castle is a surprise every time.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Natural Red Velvet Cake Without Dyes
How to Make Chocolate LEGOs
How To Satisfy King Cake Cravings For A Fraction Of The Calories
How to Make Chocolate Ganache Topping for a Sponge Cake
How To Make Churros With Dark Chocolate Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...