A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Usernames: Talk about Crafty!  (Read 81608 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bertha79
« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2004 10:17:29 AM »

Mine is boring...my first name is Bertha and '79 is the year I was born. My parents *claim* they named me after my grandmother, but I choose to believe they were closet Deadheads and named me after the Grateful Dead song 'Bertha'.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2004 04:20:52 PM »

The fact that Kaesea is my cat's name is not too original. But the way I came up with the name Kaesea (pronounced "Casey") is...

After arguing about naming the cat for several weeks (poor nameless kitty), my partner at the time suggested "Casey." Or, at least, that's what I thought he was suggesting. He was actually suggesting "KC" When I asked him what "KC" stood for, he just said he liked the sound of the name, but didn't like the spelling "C-A-S-E-Y." Without an explanation for what "KC" stood for, I wasn't going for it (I could just imagine forever after: "What does KC stand for?" "Um... I don't really know..." Duh.)

So I came up with around 20 different phonetic spellings for the sounds /kay see/ and we both agreed on "Kaesea." If my cat had to go to school, he'd probably hate me. At the vet, they read it and say hesitantly "Um... Ca-uh-see-ah?" Plus, I guess it looks kind of feminine (like Chelsea?) and he's a fluffy cat, so everyone thinks he's a girl. Poor dear.

But it has ended up being rather handy for me, because I've never bumped into another Kaesea on the net (there are a couple out there, but I guess we don't run in the same circles), so I've always been able to secure it as a user name, email address, etc.

Oh, yeah... years later I figured out that "K" and "C" were mine and my partner's first initials. So cheesy... even he was embarrassed to admit it to me (although he did confirm this when confronted). We're long broken up, so I'm glad I didn't go that route... I prefer to think it stood for "Kitty Cat" all along.

Ironically, Kaesea is not the cat pictured in my avatar. That's Biscuit. Biscuit never has any trouble with people mispronouncing his name. People do, however, think that he is a dog.

Poor kitties. With their goofy names, I've inflicted identity crises upon them. Sometimes, they slam their little kitty doors and yell, "I hate you!" Or at least, I think that's what they're saying. Maybe they're saying, "More tuna!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
decibel
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2004 04:50:44 PM »

I collect pretty words (who doesn't?) and decibel is one of'em! Right?

I've always been good at scoring high digits in the decibel department.  Grin Also, my beloved mom calls me Miss Decibel sometimes to honor (?) this popular and really cheezy Swedish 70's song called just that! And it goes a little something like this:

Miss Decibel, var fr du alla ljud ifrn,
-something something, alla hga toner,
tra-la-la-la and so on...

Catchy huh? Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2004 09:24:36 PM »

Well this is kinda cheesy but i have green eyes and my boyfriend calls me green-eyed-lady, ocean-lady, its from some song or something. anyways i kinda like it and its the closest thing i have to a nickname, no thats not true -- my name (teri) is technically a nick name, because my 'real name' is teresa, but nobody ever calls me that. anyways thats my story...

The song is called, interestingly enough, "Green Eyed Lady," and it's by Sugarloaf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2004 09:58:26 PM »

mine is obviously Littleone1098 I am somewhat short...5'1" lol, so one of my friend started calling me littone, it caught on, its one of my many nicknames, along with shortstuffn (which is my aol sn) and lots of others........1098. ..i dunno what that is....just a number because littlone was taken when i tried to use it for my email.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
teri
« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2004 06:28:08 AM »

Ah ha, thanks quarkiegirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deadpixel

Even Lois Lane loves Edward G. Robinson.

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2004 07:21:57 AM »

deadpixel comes from the name of my film production company, which is still being gotten off the ground, dead pixel productions.  mr. pixel was working on my computer one night, and we were drinking wine, and thanks to a dead pixel on the screen, we thought that was the most brilliant name for a production company ever.  wine is funny like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can see a lot of the world from railings."
- Ringo
PureDiamond8865
I'll bide my time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2004 09:46:46 AM »

Mine's a translation of my name, followed by my birthstone, then my favourite number.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Almost everyone is mad here....You may have noticed I'm not all there myself..."
geedownie
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2004 11:10:45 AM »

My username is an homage to the front man for my favorite band, The Tragically Hip.
His name is Gord Downie, so I took "Gord" and made it G Downie and femmed it up by making G into gee. I thought about Tragically Hip, but that's too much hype to live up to.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2004 04:09:02 PM »

I was eating a donut when I registered.

Also! I love donuts!  Grin
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004 06:34:38 PM by donutgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Paints Celebrity Faces on Peanuts
Art and The Occult
Artist Uses Smoke to Create Stunning Paintings
Art Worth $30 Million Found in Garage
Free Agents Set It Off in Miami
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...