A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,573
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Usernames: Talk about Crafty!  (Read 86747 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

box of purls
« Reply #590 on: October 06, 2005 04:24:01 PM »

I can't resist commenting on Bodyworlds.  In the Edwardian period (thats like Jane Austen time, right?), they actually used these methods for doctors to study bodies.  I find it really interesting that this guy sees this process as art now. 

Jane Austen was closer to Georgian...maybe maybe early Victorian.  I thought of the same thing btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fuzzymonkey
« Reply #591 on: October 08, 2005 07:34:09 AM »

this is a fun thread to read! I'm fuzzy monkey because I like monkeys, and i have busy monkey hands and well, I'm a girl monkey, so I'm fuzzy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well, i ain't often right, but i've never been wrong, seldom turns out the way it does in the song;
once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Glamgirl
« Reply #592 on: October 17, 2005 04:21:28 PM »

Oh, by the way, I think thats the brand name of a shoe in the new Cameron Crowe movie Elizabethtown. Random facts.
-a

hi everybuddy! i'm rrrrreally new ... i think this is only my third post or something! i chose my new site's name for my username (figured it couldn't hurt to promote it every chance i got). anyway, here's i how came about with the name (or at least, here's what i can recall) ...

i cannabalized spasmodica from parts of other words that i happened to like. for instance, i like words that end in "-ica" like "robotica." and i also wanted the word to be completely made up, because i had intended for it to sound playful, silly and fun. BUT what i didn't realize at the time was that "spasmodica" was a real word -- in Italian (it means "spasmodic"). And get this, it's usually associated with a neurological condition. So much for being fun. Wah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beans
« Reply #593 on: October 18, 2005 02:16:49 PM »

I'm beans, because a friend of mine started making fun of me and calling me hillabeans instead of Hilary years and years ago, but for some reason hillabeans, hillofbeans, and all sorts of other variations are always taken.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redrose1028
Leanne

ciao~hola~salut~hello~

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 19, 2005 08:45:57 AM »

i made mine redrose1028 because my middle name is rose and my birthday it October 28th, 1992. i did red because pink,yellow,blue,green,and purple didn't sound right before rose Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.').')
`..*Leanne*..`
(.'(.'**`'.)`'.)
ibimus
Soup Nazi

I'm crackers about cheese, Grommit!

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 19, 2005 10:29:58 AM »

Ibimus is the Latin form of the verb ire, which means 'to go'. I heard my mom say it almost 8 years ago, and loved the way it sounded so much that I use it for EVERYTHING.
I studied Latin in school last year, but the only thing I learned is exactly why it is a dead language...it's boring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

www.livejournal.com/users/ibimus
www.myspace.com/ibimus
Lethargic
« Reply #596 on: October 19, 2005 11:53:25 AM »

My turn I suppose.

Well, basically Lethargic is my favorite word. I just like the sound of it and I think it describes me well. haha. what can I say? I'm a lazy bum for the most part!  Cheesy

so yeah i use it for everything, when its taken i use variations of, IbeLethargic etc.

I always said I wanted to change my name to Lethargic because I hate my name and it would be crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for aprons, bento/lunch bags, jewelry, and more! http://organizedconfetti.etsy.com
mermaidsvoice
« Reply #597 on: October 20, 2005 09:36:11 AM »

Hi! I'm catching onto this late. I'm a newbie and a lurker due to no digital cam so no pics of what I make. My username? Well I definatly LOVE WITH A PASSION mermaids- who wouldn't?- but my username stems from when I was growing up being told I didn't have a good singing voice, I sucked at singing (something I love to do) and I would wish desperatly that I could sing like a siren or a mermaid. Now, I've taken voice lessons only to discover- all those people had no idea what they were talking about! My voice is pretty nice, I get solos in choir almost every year, and people actually sometimes ask me to sing for them. (think an exact replica of Amy Lee's and that's my voice.)

Gosh, everyone else has such cool names. Mine seems a little normal.
[/color][/font][/b]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have been Changed for Good.
thingwraith
Awaiting zombification

Horse Montage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: October 20, 2005 09:45:50 AM »

Jumping on the bandwagon (or is it the craftwagon?)...
Thingwraith comes from an old inside joke between me and my husband.  We're big fans of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and we found watching the Bakshi animated LotR movie very entertaining.  So much so that we watched it every night before bed.  ^^;  So much so that I have 90% of the dialogue memorized.  And one day, I was speaking along with the narrative at the beginning,  but I started substituting "thing" for every instance of "ring".  So there you have it.  I've had this username for ages now, and I'm lucky in that it's virtually always available. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://zomboid.com
My website, newly redesigned as of 9-2010! ^_^

http://facebook.com/heycookie
Yes, I have one of those, too. ^^;
orangesquirrel

i love craft, weezer, napoleon dynamite, etc.

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 23, 2005 09:15:40 PM »

well i chose orangesquirrel because being an australian i find that these two words are pronounced so funny in american so that's why oh and i think squirrels are cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe
This Birthday Cake Cookie Dough Is Safe (and Meant to Be) Eaten Raw
3 Ways to Use Leftover Cookie Dough
How to Make Candied Pecans
Detox From the Holidays with This Tasty Chocolate Chip Green Smoothie
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...