A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Usernames: Talk about Crafty!  (Read 109669 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: September 15, 2003 07:52:23 AM »

how'd ya pick that cool username?

I don't know about you, but I've noticed some really neat usernames around here!  Why don't we take a minute & share with all of the crafty folk how/why we selected our names??

Mine is, obviously, "comfits."

Lewis Carroll (aka-Charles Dodgson) is my fav author of kids lit and all around interesting guy (photographer, mathematician, etc).  He, of course, wrote Alice in Wonderland.  So, in Chapter III, there is this Caucus-Race.  Everyone is a winner, so they're at a loss of who will give the prize.  They pick Alice & "in despair" she reaches into her pocket to find a box of comfits.  Unfortunately, she ran out & didn't get one for herself Embarrassed  If you read on in that chapter you can find out what she received as her prize.

So, there you have it.  What you say, then, is comfits??  Well, they are some sort of nasty licorice treat from back in the day.  Anyway, I'm comfits & there's just not enough of me to go around.  You can get a deeper meaning from the box of comfits than that, but I don't want to take up too much more of your time Grin  Plus, I like to make ya think!

Hope you'll share, too.

>>hey beeosh & redpixiegrrl--i'm also a redhead!!  how funny!  but mine's not natural Grin  my hair is grown out from the pixie cut.  neato<<
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003 01:06:50 PM by comfits » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spinsters of the world unite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003 10:22:12 AM »

Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite books!

red: my hair color
pixie: my hair cut (although now I'm growing it out)
grrl: cause I'm a female

when I tried to use "redpixie" to sign up for yahoo email a few years ago, it was already taken. So was "pixie grrl" and every variation of the name. So I combined them all together. Been using it ever since. Smiley

edited to add>>cool! lots of crafty redheads! Hey, beeosh--I thought I was the only crafty 30-something redhead in Ohio. Cool <<
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003 07:05:48 PM by redpixiegrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For kitsch and retro fun, visit my Swell Spinster Store!

The crafty diva is on the loose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003 10:53:42 AM »

divasteph = i have always been a diva and always been named stephanie

koala bears instead of cockroaches!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003 03:50:06 PM »

mines not creative at all.

if theres one thing im terrible at, its making up usernames.

jordy is short for jordynn...woooo. hehe

www.sewingschool.org - Sewing is Fun!
UPDATED Jordy Bag Pattern - Now with illustrations: www.jordynnmackenzie.com
just your average crafty broad

I may be a woman but I ain't no lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003 07:09:14 PM »

I'm a newbie here and bit of a lurker... been focusing on creating my website!!

But my name, flamgirlant, came from a guy at work.  I told him he was very flamboyant - he didn't like that very well thinking it had a gay connotation and he being "100% straight!!".  So, he insisted if he was flamboyant I was flamgirlant.  Something just clicked - I had been thinking about names for my crafty biz for weeks and it was perfect!

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003 11:49:37 AM »

my username describes me! noo not the fartzy part haha ( that's my daughter )..anyway that's a whole 'nother topic  Tongue

artzy + I needed something to rhyme (and it had to be crazy )= FARTZY!!! yay!

You Keep Thinking!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003 05:51:53 AM »

My user name comes from my name---Maureen--- I use queenmaureen because since I turned 30 I have a "bite me" attutide. Turning 30 was very empowering for me--- I enjoyed it immensely!~ Grin

queenmaureen just "feels good" I guess!

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003 07:07:21 AM »

We are all so creative!  It's funny how creative I can be at some things, & in others, I totally suck!!  For example, cleaning the house!  But is there really a creative way to doing that besides awesome chore charts??

Okay, back on the subject.  My husband, who is almost totally lacking in creative abilities, was trying to come up with a username himself.  Not for on here, of course.  Anyway, after trying several different ideas, he finally came up with:

He got quite a response to that.  It's sooo true, unless you're just sooo extremely creative that you can come up with such a unique name that no one else has thought of.  It's hard, but obviously it can be done.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003 11:25:34 PM »

I used to come up with clever names for messageboards and whatnot, but it became to trying for me heh so for the last couple of years I've been going the uncreative route and just using my plain old birthname. heh. On the odd occasions when it's taken, then I'm really screwed hehe.
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2003 07:06:20 PM »

hi everybuddy! i'm rrrrreally new ... i think this is only my third post or something! i chose my new site's name for my username (figured it couldn't hurt to promote it every chance i got). anyway, here's i how came about with the name (or at least, here's what i can recall) ...

i cannabalized spasmodica from parts of other words that i happened to like. for instance, i like words that end in "-ica" like "robotica." and i also wanted the word to be completely made up, because i had intended for it to sound playful, silly and fun. BUT what i didn't realize at the time was that "spasmodica" was a real word -- in Italian (it means "spasmodic"). And get this, it's usually associated with a neurological condition. So much for being fun. Wah!

Goodies for the grown-up child:
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Spooky Halloween Shrubs
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...