A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 5 ft long wall collage = totally awesome.  (Read 9388 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hdoglovesyou

oh so calculated

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2005 11:04:09 AM »

OK! so i had this really bad accident with myself going through a glass window the other morning. 7 stitches in my ear and 4 in my head! OUCH! and various cuts on my hand... but ANYWAY i was home from school for the past few days, and i really couldn't do anything involving a lot of energy, so this is what i did to get my mind off the pain!  Grin

all i did was measure a section on my wall from end to end that lined up with my window on the left side.

then on the top and bottom i traced 1 1/4" radius half-circles, one next to the other with a good ol' black sharpie. then painted inside the lines because that's what i'm best at.

then i took a bunch of pictures, ads, ticket stubs, postcards, cards, ETC and taped them up on my wall in whatever way i so pleased. i covered it up pretty nicely!!

i'm proud. i like the way it looks.

ALSO! last year (jan 2004) i created an easy way to store most of my thread. so its right next to my machine, i can see all the colors! ETC/WHATEVER!

i found a nice long slab of wood in my shed and asked my dad if i could have it. he said yes, so i spray painted it SILVER! just for fun... (actually it was all we had) then about every 2 inches or something... (i can't remember now) i drew a mark then nailed in a nail! its holding up pretty nicely

i nailed 2 more nails on either side near the top, and attached string to that and its hanging up! i nailed it into the wall with help from my dad. its a little heavy but i haven't had any problems with it.

hope you like! or at least get some ideas or something!
<3 heather
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fashion is feeding us IDENTIFICATION
<3heather
LiquidScissors
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005 11:08:17 AM »

Wow thats a really cool and cheap idea for your thread.  It looks awesome!  I like your stuffs!! 

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
darkbound
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005 11:19:12 AM »

That is so cool!  I wish my room looked like that! I'm so jealous!  I'm definetly going to try looking at thrift stores for a chest like yours and I'm going to start my collage project right now! 

Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

let the lovin take ahold
snocones
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005 01:37:43 PM »

It's weird because I had an accident with a window a little while ago too!  It's been like two weeks though.  I had to get stitches on my lip, my chin, my back, and my knee.  I didn't get anything as nice as that collage out of it though.  I just sat around feeling sorry for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RadioActive
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005 11:48:14 AM »

Your room is oh-so pretty. I <3 wall collages. Yours looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Nikki
thrifty_mermaid
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005 11:57:45 AM »

your room is super cool! i love it!! the collage is really cool! i love collages!! hehe also, a really great idea to store your thread! i hate putting all of mine into a tub/box and having to dig them all out to find one!! fantastic idea! way to go!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so clear, like the diamond in your ring cut to mirror your intentions, oversized and overwhelmed, the shine of which has caught my eye...
tinkerbellie
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005 05:02:49 AM »

Omg, I looove your room. You're really good at decorating Tongue
And I like the collage too, it's really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't wanna be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately...
<3 one tree hill
missmichigan

long lost sister of rosie palm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005 05:56:23 AM »

I love the thread idea! totally doin' it!

Your room looks great! Too bad you had to get hurt to get the time to do it  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you like to go to a pants party?
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005 04:08:00 PM »

That looks great. I also did that thing with my thread in my craft room, great minds think alike Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
timeflies
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005 08:47:13 PM »

oooo you're the one that lives in a tangerine, aren't you!  I can tell from the mirror and thread board. haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select Multiple Objects in Flash CS3
How to Select With a Marquee Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Lasso Tool in Flash CS3
How to Select With the Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...