A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would you knit this? (or wear it ?)  (Read 11519 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krafty_kelly
« on: June 04, 2008 07:14:24 PM »

http://www.sartoriavico.it/sciarpone.htm

My daughter sent me a link for this.  I'm not sure if its a hint or just knit spotting for me.  I'm not that fashion forward, but I'm curious as to what others think of it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sassy-pants
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008 08:56:15 PM »

Well, I'm 20 years old and I wouldn't wear it, but I could totally see those who are more fashionable and younger than me (think 15-17) would absolutely wear that.  Its very cute, and I like it, but its just not my style.  I would probably take it as a hint from your daughter Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Ravelry!

Visit my blog to keep up on all of the crafting, cooking, and craziness that goes on!
butshesdead
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008 12:34:32 AM »

I'm not sure if I'd actually wear it but it looks rather interesting so I'd probably knit it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008 10:32:38 AM »

Is this something to knit or something to buy? Because actually, I have a pattern for this! Trying to remember which book it's in... anyone? The model is sitting indian-style and the garment is two shades of green. I remember thinking, "wow, that looks fabulous... on HER." It's a great idea for a garment, in other words, but I'd never wear it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
katafi

This monkey's gone to heaven.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008 06:20:04 AM »

I agree with everyone else. I think it would be very interesting to figure out how to knit and fairly interesting to knit (although that looks like a LOT of straight stitching, stockinette maybe?).

It's really cool but I think you'd have to be a pretty fashion forward person to make it work. It's one of those things that I sigh wistfully when I see it and then walk right on by.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnyxDispair
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008 08:07:47 AM »

Would I wear something like it?  Mayhaps.  Would I wear that one in particular?  Not a chance.  It's too bland.  If I was going to do that, I would need to spice it up with cables or intarsia or SOMETHING.  XP
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty_kelly
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008 09:47:38 AM »

I don't have a pattern for it.  The link is from a site selling these.  I think it might be a nice alternative to a stole or shawl.  I like the concept of stoles but I've never made one because, I'm not sure how I'd wear it.  I think it might be nice to throw on (in the house) over your shoulders, to keep chills out.

And cables would be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekch1ck
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008 11:08:32 AM »

I wouldn't wear it, but I would definitely knit it.  I'm not a stole type of person and it seems like it would get in my way or feel claustrophobic, but that is just me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sometimes crafty blog

Check out my etsy store
watersgirls.etsy.co m
OnyxDispair
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008 04:22:52 PM »

DARN YOUR TEMPTATION!!!  Now I'm knitting it in a lovely fuzzy rainbow yarn. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kelliz
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008 04:27:51 PM »

That's very interesting!  I think it's one of those "runway" pieces of clothing.   Not something to really wear but cool  to look at.  I think it's pretty neat. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Rocha London Fashion Week Fall 2014 Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Chelsea Leyland’s Must Have Makeup Essentials
Essence Gives Four Service Women Military Makeovers
How to Wear Pink Makeup
Mally Roncal Makeup Backstage at the Tracy Reese NYFW Fall Show
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...