A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aranzi Aronzo  (Read 790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sugarxsuicide

Love is all you need

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2008 02:27:26 PM »

I'm not sure if this is a proper question to ask but I might as well try Embarrassed
I love the craft books by Aranzi Aronzo (they're utterly adorable!) but I live smack dab in the middle of the east coast so there's hardly anything Japanese around these parts (there are a lot of Korean people but Korean does not equal Japanese).

Well to make a long story short I was wondering if anybody on here had any AA book scans they would like to share (I know there's books on Ebay and whatnot but I have terrible luck with buying things online so I'm usually against it)?
If not, do any of you have any good places to buy nuigurumi books (I do work for an airline and I want to take like a few days off and head to LA or San Francisco or any of those places to check out Japanese things [I'm still dying for a bento box])

I know there were some scans on here a few years ago because I got them and saved it on my (dead) computer but things happen (got the blue screen of death one to many times) and I lost them and now I can't find them Undecided. So if you know where that link is I would appreciate that as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think people who create and write, it actually does flow-just flows from into their head, into their hand, and they write it down. It's simple.
Paul McCartney

Because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand
Velveteen Rabbit
Kitty Vane

toy-making elf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008 02:41:10 PM »

I have no scans to share unfortunately, but should you feel lucky and decided to give online shopping a go, best place for Aranzi Aronzo books is the A.A.-shop, here: http://shop.aranziaronzo.com/shopping.en/index10_books.html

As for book stores that stock niugurumi and other japanese craft books, have a look at Kinokuniya: http://www.kinokuniya.com/
They have stores all over the place and have a pretty wide selection of niugurumi books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tsukiyono
Nincompoopus Major

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008 12:59:09 PM »

If you are close enough to a Borders or Barnes and Noble, you can find their books there.  I got my cute book at a B&N, and when I was in the store the other day I saw a couple of their more current books.  Because they have them in the store, I bet you could order them from their online shop or Amazon as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.genkigirl.com
Online shoujo manga inspired comics, illustrations, and goods. Cheesy
tsukiyono.etsy.com
Where you can buy some of my crafts and artwork.
sugarxsuicide

Love is all you need

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008 06:59:49 PM »

Oh em gee! I'll totally go check over at Barnes and Noble!
Honestly I'd much rather have the book right in front of me just because its a little bit easier to see everything and being able to enlarge things and whatnot.
Oooo! I'm overly excited now Grin
I never really think of B&N as a "sewing" store. I usually only go there to get things for my theater class and little Shakespeare things to read in my spare time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think people who create and write, it actually does flow-just flows from into their head, into their hand, and they write it down. It's simple.
Paul McCartney

Because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand
Velveteen Rabbit
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008 11:43:49 AM »

It's actually illegal to scan a book and share it. It's copyright infringement so just be careful.
I have the same problem with finding thing and the best place I was recommended to buy Japanese books was yesasia.com. The shipping takes a long time but it is super cheep and you can buy multiple books at once for the same price as one book on ebay. Just get the isbn number from an e-bay auction or amazon and put it in on yesasia and it should come up. Not all of the books have pictures of the covers but the isbn's should match up.
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugarxsuicide

Love is all you need

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008 07:15:13 PM »

Yea I figured that it was copywrite infringement because there's been a few scaned patterns on here that they've taken off here. I did go to B&N today to see if they did have them and they did and i danced and almost knocked over a few yoga mats next to the craft section (...both are relaxing I must admit).
I'll try to find a good craft to do and I'll post some pics on here Smiley
In other news, I did go look over at that yesasia.com site. It actually looks really cool so I might get the courage and buy a Kera magazine Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paul McCartney

Velveteen Rabbit
S1SKA
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008 06:16:52 PM »

if you're in or near[i dunno which one] SF check out Japan Town.  They have a huge japanese book store where i got some AA stuff.

that's all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

S1ssy-chan is a TEENAGER!!! YAY!!!  [and she's still as hyper as ever, hm]
uropygid
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008 05:27:15 AM »

yeah, i recommend B&N or Border's book stores. if you don't want to/don't like shopping online, you can generally order the books through the store itself - then when it comes in, you can actually look through the book, and if you don't like it you're not obligated to buy it. :]
i prefer Border's over B&N myself, just because Border's has its own computers for customer use, and you can look up and order the books on the computer system (i've just always been frustrated dealing with employees looking up my books at B&N)

there's also a sizeable Chinatown and a decent selection of Japanese imports in Las Vegas, there's two Japanese markets that carry imported things. Tokyo Discount seems more aimed at collectables, they have some dishes and housewares, but mostly carry anime things and toys; Nakata Market is my favourite, they have a lot of housewares and an incredible selection of food. plus they also make little bento boxes and onigiri fresh every day. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Max

live in the MN metro? I'm always up for craft meets!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nicole Richie Makes a Turtleneck Dress Look Sexy
Top Sweater Styles For Fall
The TV Wardrobes We Want to Raid This Fall
Jameelah Booker Unveils Her New Jacket Line at NYFW Spring 2014
3 Nonsurgical Ways to Boost Your Booty
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...