A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rasterbater! (its not dirty!) make small pictures into HUGE murals so easy&fun !  (Read 48019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rissaroo
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2005 12:45:29 PM »

I just did a castle for Boyfriend Donny. It is 8 x4, from a random pic i found online. I am going to try to mount it and paint it. Will post pic later if it doesn't turn out ugly.

Has anyone noticed if the quality/size of the original image affects the way the rasterbator turns out?

this was also featured in readymade awhile back - so cool.

there is a rumor going around work that we are moving and i may get my own office. If so i am going to rasterbate Doris Humphrey! and Martha Graham! and Ruth St Denis! and Merce! (I work for a dance company)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2005 06:06:53 PM »

please lord help me
i am redecorating my crappy apartment bathroom and i rasterbated to... ahhhh...
 i mean i rasterbated dave grohl and i want to put it in my stark white bathroom
BUT i need a cheap way of waterproofing it so it doesnt do that horrible wrinkle/running thing that paper tends to do in humidity
and its too big to put in a frame and im cheap and poor
soo if any one of you lovely crafty people have a suggestion i would love to hear it
Thanks

You could also use clear contact paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dorthybuht
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2005 07:42:30 PM »

oh how i loves the Rasterbater!! i printed this out ages ago and have just been bored enough to put it together. now i can have mr darcy throwing me the sexy look whenever i want Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LucyOlive
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2005 05:05:08 PM »

haha ok well i was telling my mom about it and shes like "Rasterbator...hmm sounds  nasty.. dont go to that website!" haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One day whilst I was walkin'
a-walkin' through the park
a hickory caught my eye
with the most attractive bark
nervous, i approached it
eyeing branch to root
anxious, can't believe it
THIS TREE IS FUCKING NUDE!!!!

so...
take off all your clothes and
find a tree to fuck and
wrap your legs
DeadRedhead
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2005 02:01:28 AM »

THIS RULES MY LIFE! Every wall I ever come in contact with is going to be covered with some huge, dotted image. I've got a good 3' spot in my bedroom that I'm trying to decide what to do with. I'm quite taken by Uma Thurman on the first page. Actually, I'm thinking of making a couple of different things on foam board, so I could switch them around when I get bored.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchinbitch
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2005 01:49:36 PM »

i would have LOVED this in college...i was always covering my walls with paper, foil, etc. to make it look less like a jail cell...i would have had super-huge david bowie ALL OVER THE PLACE...now my house is pretty traditional (and so is my husband), but i'm thinking of using a picture of my daughters dressed as fairies in my craft room (junk room)...i wonder if my husband would notice a huge bowie picture...he works pretty late...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lorraine_anthony1
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2005 02:21:30 AM »

OMG i love it! i wish i had printer paper. words dont describe quite how excited i am at the thought of this. im going to be a serial rasterbater! its gonna have to be a secret though, i dont want my crafty friends who havent followed me here to know how i did it! aaahhh! you, my dear friends are genui (plural if genuis i think. if its not......i dont care, im going to say it anyway!)  Cheesy Grin Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoneCheeze
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2005 03:47:05 PM »

i love rasterbater.
i'm using it to make a poster from something i found online.
the uncle same poster except it says "i want you  to practice "
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RobertBlue
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2005 11:19:24 AM »

I decided to have a little fun with my rasterbations.  I took one image from a film and made it with pretty large dots, so there really aren't any fine details, and you only get the general shape of the scene.  Then, I hung it off center from itself, in a rhombus shape as opposed to a rectangle.  I followed that with a larger rasterbation with smaller dots in a different color (creating more detail both in contrast and in dot size), hanging it around and in the gaps created by the initial rasterbation.  I added the initial images in their respective color schemes on opposite corners, as well as printouts of my favorite movie posters for both.

And here is the result.

The films in question are Haute (High) Tension/Switchblade Romance, and my favorite film of all time, Rosemary's Baby.  I chose scenes in which both female leads appear to make the decision of violence over non-violence, with wildly different results.  In the Haute Tension rasterbation, grey, the lead character has just wound the wire around the large blunt stick and is lifting it up with the intention to fight the murderer.  In the Rosemary's Baby rasterbation, blue, Rosemary is about to look at her child for the first time.  I see a lot of similarities in the characters within the context of their respective films in their motivations, but the actions that follow are drastically different, creating a nice dichotomy between the images presented.

Yes, that's packing tape holding it up right now.  And yes, it is done over a corner in my room (where a closed up chimney on the first floor is), making it look even stranger.

I love horror films... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thevaticant

I'm cold. And my legs hurt.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2005 09:09:44 PM »

teehee!
when i found out about this rasterbater(!) i decided i had to put up something on the wall for when my boyfriend came home.
and i did.
and he came home to this:

lawrence of arabia on our bedroom wall.
mhuahauhah.
(i realize that the paper is all lumpy and creased...i didn't feel like doing a good job cuz we're moving soon. and i'm pretty lazy... and whatever other excuse i can use Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask not what your rest home can do for you, but what you can do for your rest home.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cool Looks For School Kids
Trendy Tushie Huggers from Agoo Clothing
Stella McCartney for Gap Kids and Baby Gap Spring/Summer Collection
Agoo Clothing for Active Babies
How to Choose Organic Baby Clothes
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...