A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rasterbater! (its not dirty!) make small pictures into HUGE murals so easy&fun !  (Read 49785 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004 09:36:36 PM »

i had the idea to scotch tape the normal printed sheets to the back of the canvas, then hold it up to the light and trace it. i think that would be easier than trying to iron on a canvas. but if you try it let us know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cawfeehowse
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004 10:22:23 AM »

Do the different pieces fit nicely together or is there like little spaces in between?

Erin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wannabesupercrafty
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004 03:06:14 PM »

I am ADDICTED to rasterbator. at first i had no idea what it was but now i'm so glad that missy posted the awesome link. i've reasterbated like 5 images so far. none are over 10 pages tho. last night i made an austin powers for my door (i didn't turn out that well though). i'm working on coloring one of the rasterbators i made with colored pencils... i'm losing patience though.

about the spaces, rasterbator tells you that when you print the pdf file (it makes your image in pdf) you need to go to the printing options and go to page scaling then fit to paper so there will be no margins. i have yet to figure out how to do this tho. the spaces really get in the way of a striking image.

my door with austin powers (spaces really take away from image) and the one i'm coloring can be found @ http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sarahzz15/rasterbator%20rocks/
i tried to upload photos but it was a nightmare.  Embarrassed

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafty Jule
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004 03:45:52 PM »

THIS IS AWESOME!!  =)  I've got the kids colorng pics as I type this!   What great gifts!1
Jule
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tentimeszero
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004 06:10:50 PM »

does anyone know where i can find this uma thurman image
THIS ROCKS   Logged

then looking upward i strain my eyes & try, to tell the difference between shooting stars & statellites, from the passenger seat as you are driving me home. "do they collide?" i ask & you smile. with my feet on the dash the world doesn't matter.
quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004 06:47:32 PM »

about the spaces, rasterbator tells you that when you print the pdf file (it makes your image in pdf) you need to go to the printing options and go to page scaling then fit to paper so there will be no margins. i have yet to figure out how to do this tho. the spaces really get in the way of a striking image.

i think every normal household printer is going to give you margins--i have a cheap-o hp and it leaves about a 1/4 inch margin around all the edges. if you dont like it, you'll just have to trim it with scissors or a paper cutter like at kinko's. i kind of like the margins, but my wall has a 50 sheet image so it's not as noticeable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004 05:09:24 AM »

i think every normal household printer is going to give you margins--i have a cheap-o hp and it leaves about a 1/4 inch margin around all the edges. if you dont like it, you'll just have to trim it with scissors or a paper cutter like at kinko's. i kind of like the margins, but my wall has a 50 sheet image so it's not as noticeable.

i like the margins too - but for some weird reason my image printed with margins on the left right & bottom of the page?  not the top?  ugh! it was all messed up!  I was so mad!  My printer settings don't have a fit to paper setting either.

i have a fairly good printer...I just cant figure out how to get the top to have the same margins! wahh!

And lastly...did you notice it using alot of ink?  i had 1/2 a cartridge filled & it went empty trying this one image!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeppyCat
I've never licked a spark plug.

www.beppycat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004 05:51:15 AM »

I was so excited when I saw this, I did a fifteen page picture of our oldest cat and hung it on the dining room wall.  My husband thought it was so cool when he got home.  I've been preoccupied with this, and I keep thinking of what else it would be cool to use it for.  I thought, window sticky paper for a neat window treatment.  The right picture would let in light, but block the view into the apartment, I think.  Also, Bumper Sticker paper!  Couldn't you just see one of these on the side of a van or something?  I think that would be so awesome!
I'll have to get a picture of our huge cat face poster when the battery on the camera charges.  I add it later.  I'm turning into such a rasterbater.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I don't look good in leggings.

http://beppycat.blogspot.com/
Lurkers and commentors welcome.
Lots of crocheting and sewing and knitting!  Pretty much my life for your consumption.
Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004 01:16:37 PM »

I've been preoccupied with this, and I keep thinking of what else it would be cool to use it for.  I thought, window sticky paper for a neat window treatment.  The right picture would let in light, but block the view into the apartment, I think.

I had the same idea. I have these two yucky plexi windows on my back porch and since it's an apartment, I can't replace them. So I'm going to cover them with this image:

The windows are together but have a wood divider in the middle, which should fall in the middle of Jon and Vince. All in all, it should be cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
pelicanofdoom

someday we'll rock n roll together, baby.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004 02:22:00 PM »

this is so cool! thanks for posting this link! before, i had no idea what a rasterbater was, but now i love it! im doing one for my wall.

thanks so much (maybe pics later)

rock on
 eva
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to View Image Metadata
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Crop and Upsample Images
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Brightness, Contrast and Saturation
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Exposure and Shadow Levels
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Temperature and Tint
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...