A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
778 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheted Flower Coin Purse  (Read 12211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Paisley_Piratess

Who has more fun than people?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005 03:57:56 PM »

Grin
I really like the coin purse. It's so cute. I like how the flower fills up the whole bag. For those who were talking about the Crochet Me Flower purse. I am the designer and in my haste did not have it tested first. I have submitted a pattern correction, but it has not been updated yet. I have the pattern correction available if you would like to email me at jholetz@comcast.net or you can access it via livejournal at http://www.livejournal.com/users/skamamawa/. Thank you to those who figured out the mistake and provided the correction to others. I would love to see pics if you have them available.
Hey skamamawa--you rock!  I love that flower purse you've designed!  I'm not sure that my crochet direction reading skills are up to it though!  I have crocheted scarves and the like, but the abbreviations still throw me!  Any suggestions?  Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skamamawa
SkaMama Designs

flower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005 11:40:40 PM »

Hey skamamawa--you rock!  I love that flower purse you've designed!  I'm not sure that my crochet direction reading skills are up to it though!  I have crocheted scarves and the like, but the abbreviations still throw me!  Any suggestions? 

Thanks!!  The pattern has been updated now on the site.  Of course, I think the pattern can be worked up pretty easily if you take it one step at a time and count your stitches.  So far everyone has said it was easy, once they figured out my mistake.  The main abbreviation to note is
blo = back loop only, you can find an illus of this here, http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/crochet/stitch_pages/cro_front_back_loop.html.  This leaves the front loop exposed so you can add the petals at the end with simple slip stitches, half double, and double crochets.
The only trick is knowing where to put your first stitch in each round, but I note that your first stitch will be where your marker is when finish the round. 

Here's alternative solutions to the handles as well:

1. Wood rings or Bamboo, I've seen these at Hancock fabrics and Joanns Fabrics. Try fabric shops in the purse making areas.
2. Buy a brass ring or make your own ring by cutting out the center of a plastic container, like sour cream or large yogurt. Then simply sc all around until you can't see the ring anymore. I saw this somewhere and can't remember where.
3. If you have one of those superknitter type things you can create a tube cord and make your own. Or if you knit, just do i-cord with 4 sts with medium size dpn's.
4. Crochet a long chain with an H hook, sc back and forth for about 4-5 rows, fold and slip stitch to the foundation chain to make a tube.

For the make your owns, you can use the same color yarn or a contrast color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Julie
Paisley_Piratess

Who has more fun than people?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005 05:16:43 AM »

Love the stitchguide.com!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Cross

mon joli assoupissement

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005 07:09:23 AM »

Pink Kitty - I love your coin purse and I would also really appreciate a pattern. You did such a great job and it is so cute!

Agreed! I'd love a pattern as well. Cheesy The shape and closure of your purse is adorable. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennybean
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005 11:21:01 AM »

the patterns i get from the loinbrand yarn website always confuse me. it's so irritating. seropisly, the only patterns i can follow or the ones for afghans. and i can make monsters only because there are no patterns to follow.

thanks for the help with the flower purse. i'm going to try it again tomorrow. i'll let you know how it goes.

just in case you need some encouragement, i tried the lion brand flower pattern and it took me about a half dozen tries before getting it right ... but then it was easy and i was able to do them without any pattern at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frillyfun
Check-out my web site!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2005 08:52:05 PM »

I'm pretty new to crochet (I learned to chain when I was little..but never caught on to the rest of it until about a month ago), and I just finished the front of what's going to be a pretty cute change purse!  I used an H hook and some Caron Simply soft I had just worked the pattern in the back loops only until I got to the end of the 5th round (40 stitches), and then went back and did the petals.  It was really easy, and didn't take that long to do! Thank you for designing such a great pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Learn to read 2-3 times faster!  www.speedyourread.c om
momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005 09:19:41 AM »

I am so glad I searched the forum for my answer.  It was a whole lot quicker than posting another topic.

I searched for "BLO".

I never dreamed I would find the answer.  Back loop only.  That makes so much sense.  Now off to finish my doll dress. 

Thanks guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
SueS
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2005 03:37:49 PM »

http://

The flower coin purse is just so cute.  Have you made the pattern available?  If so, where can I find it?  If not, are you still willing to share it 'casue I would love to make one. 

Thanks for a great idea.  Makes me want to crochet again.

Sue S.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not a spectator sport!  Enjoy!!!!!!
geekburger

I'm a Beastie!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005 03:51:38 PM »

that is such a cool idea! if you get a chance to make another please share the pattern! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowflake
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2005 06:47:27 PM »

That is very cute.  Can't wait to see the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Origami Stem
How to Create Origami Rose
How to Create an Origami Frog
How to Create Origami Boxes
How to Create an Origami Boat
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...