A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,041
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween costume ideas for 2008  (Read 56166 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2008 02:19:29 PM »

Esmerelda from Hunchback of Notre Dame?

Lol. That is really all I got. Or you could just paint your face like they said -wink-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
gretchilou
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2008 10:37:54 PM »

One of my favorite costumes I made was Ms. Galaxy!  I had a few variations for the three different parties I went to that week.  I bought a bunch of eyeballs and put them on glitter wire and stuck them all over in my hair...wore a tiara..had a wand...and made these great big eyeballs that were basically a bra..I used paper plates and silver rope and aluminum foil (lots of hot glue and some tape).  I found some random christmas sparkly floral arrangemnt stuff with silver balls all over that I twisted for "eyelashes".  I made a sash that said Ms. Galaxy and wore some strappy shoes and a short black sparkly dress with some shiny gloves.  I got a lot of attention for having these gigantic eye-boobs and it was a cute costume.  I just varied the dress...one time I wore a metalllic dress and another I was just an alien with no tiara..a ton of eyeballs in my hair and I wore dressy disco pants and a black tank.  Of course it could have been over the top cool with some type of pageant dress. 
Will try to attach a photo?!?  By the time of the night the photo was taken I had lost quite a few eyeballs...check out the evil knievel costume too..that was a cool one! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Userlame
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2008 10:41:07 PM »

M'kay, so I've been a long time lurker on craftster so I know this is the place to go for stellar tips, pointers, and other sharp things.

I was inspired by a combo of my love of flight of the conchords as well as the movie "almost famous", and i've decided that for this halloween I want to be an air hostess in the 60s (or 70s. who's actually historically accurate on halloween, though?) la Zooey in "Almost Famous" :
http://lh4.ggpht.com/abramsv/R65npqoDy8I/AAAAAAAAG1w/d2EIyAEyBqk/s800/4.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q158/drewgroove/stewardess1.jpg

Now the problem is I have the idea, but I'm not sure how to put it into practice. Help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laniem85

Tree huggin is for everyone!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 09, 2008 06:35:48 AM »

I wanted to go as Jessica Rabbit really really bad but I just don't feel like being that sexy this year. Maybe when I have some parties lined up to show off my handy work.

So instead I'm going with my runner up. Mrs. Jolly Green Giant!! I've never seen anyone do it so I'm kind of excited about the whole thing. I'm just not sure whether or not I want to put fake leaves on the dress or cut out leaves from felt/fabric. Opinions on which would be better?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inspiration overload!!!
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: October 09, 2008 07:51:27 AM »

For Mrs. Jolly Green Giant - when my friends were Adam & Eve they just stapled fake ivy leaves all over their undies.  Although I'd hot glue instead ("Adam" in particular really didn't enjoy the staples!), I think that'd be easier and look more "realistic".  Like a real jolly green giantess, rather than a fake one. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
jessydrastic
Jessy Drastic / Drastic Treasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: October 09, 2008 09:55:17 AM »

This year I really really realllllly want to go as Kat Von D. It's unique, not too slutty but still kinda hot at the same time. It requires me to make a gold lam bathing suit top (i think i may just buy a cheapo bra and cover it with gold fabric), a vest out of recycled denim (i have some stuff from my mom from the 80s). I have one problem though, how the heck am I going to cover my arms with tattoos that will stay on after a sweat-fest at the bar??? I know waterproof eyeliner can do the stars/lightning bolt on my face and the tats on my hands, but i still need an idea on how to do the arms and stomach tattoos.

Thoughts?

yopu can buy those sleeve tattoo nylon armwarmers - they are like pantyhose printed with tattoos on 'em.. and slide right on over your arms... Cool

http://www.merch-bot.com/product_info.php?products_id=1807
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shea_47
« Reply #186 on: October 09, 2008 11:33:49 AM »

funny enough, i bought some TLC Miami Ink endorsed tattoo sleeve things at Value Village today! I still have a big old gap between them and my vest since they only go up to my armpits, lol. but it's better than having to paint myself for suree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." -Vincent van Gogh
lawnwranglergirl

On the run from Johnny Law...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2008 02:31:08 PM »

I was inspired by a combo of my love of flight of the conchords as well as the movie "almost famous", and i've decided that for this halloween I want to be an air hostess in the 60s

You could also be a part time model... lol Love it! I would check out thrift stores for some 60s-style dresses that you could modify, and don't forget a pair of wings like these http://www.drexelantiques.com/after4750/4912deltawings.jpg!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

between the click of the light and the start of the dream...

Movie reviews, pop cultural ramblings and baseball rants:
http://rushmoregirl.blogspot.com
AllieKat3120

We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Loblaw

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2008 04:38:47 PM »

i loveee all of the ideas on here... there are so many cool and original costumes

i want to be a shooting star this year... im thinking a large black tee-shirt or t-shirt dress with a large star on it and some sort of belt/holster with two squirt guns... and squrit/"shoot" people when they ask what i am... get it?

im surprised i havent seen any miley cyrus/hannah montana spoofs on here... that could be fun if you think of some creative way to execute it... other wise you might just look like a tween pop star
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allthenumbers
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2008 06:56:17 PM »

I LOVE the Hester Prynne idea! I just might have to do that!

My cousin and her friends are going as a dance recital troupe: pink leotards and tights, tutus, tap shoes, really bad hair, red lipstick and waaay too mauch blue eyeshadow. I thought that was a great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Richard Russo on Getting a Memoir Published
Poet Terrance Hayes Practices Creativity
Literary Vs. Commercial Fiction: Why Success Matters
Cheryl Strayed: How to Survive Family and Loss
Marie Arana on Simon De Bolivar
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...