A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,527
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween costume ideas for 2008  (Read 56520 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LolaBella
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2008 12:10:46 PM »

I'm so excited for Halloween!  This year my roommates and I are dressing up as Dead Disney Princesses.  I've always wanted to be Cinderella but I think just wearing a "pretty" costume is lame, so we're going to "ugly" them up a bit with some gore... Smiley

So, I'm going to be Cinderella who's been bludgeoned to death by her ugly step sister with a glass slipper, I'm going to walk around with one shoe off the whole night and have a bleeding head wound.  I found a great dress that I'm adding sleeves and a peplum to.

My other roommates are going to be Ariel, strangled by seaweed; Snow White, with a ton of tiny pick ax wounds (7 angry dwarfs); Belle, with the world's worst paper cut (across her wrists, a little morbid, but better than abusive boyfriend, right?); and Pocahontas with an arrow through the chest (or head). 

I always throw a huge Halloween Party so this year we're turning our house into the Haunted Enchanted Kingdom... it's gonna be awesome!

A great couple costume that my bro and sil did a couple years ago was Nun-Chucks.  They took black fabric and attached it to large embroidery hoops that they wore on their shoulders (with holes for their arms) and then made "hats" out of cardboard and tin foil that were connected with those giant Styrofoam chains that craft stores sell around halloween.  It was pretty freaking awesome, plus they won their costume contest!

Another great costume that I did a few years ago was a Jelly Fish which I made with a hula hoop and swim suit fabric stretched over it.  I attached a bridal hat underneath and cut spirals of fabric and attached around it.  Came close to wining the contest that year too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Blog: Bella Miss Ella
Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
shea_47
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2008 02:30:00 PM »

i soooo wanna dress as amy winehouse this year! i love her music and i think it'd be pretty easy. skinny jeans, ballet flats, super heavy eyeliner, carry around an empty bottle of jack ( the husband and i are trying to have a baby, or else that sucker would be full!) i have A LOT of hair (super thick and long) so i think i can do her famous 'do just with my own hair. doesn't have to look exactly perfect. is there a specific shirt she's usually seen wearing or you guys think any plain 'ol shirt will do? what about her tattoos? what could i use to draw them on that won't smear or smudge?

she usually wears tank tops and a suuper bright coloured bra underneath. generally white racer-back wife beaters, white spaghetti strap tops or black cotton tops. don't forget the high-heeled peep toes!

as for the tattoos, that was my problem (i'm being kat von d, but no one helped me think of ideas in this thread yet *cries* haha) and i have decided to get some good quality waterproof liquid liner (probably by gosh cosmetics) to do the tats for my hands/neck/face, and get a gel eyeliner (smashbox jet set waterproof) for my friends to help paint. both of these brands are kinda pricey but there's good quality waterproof drugstore stuff if you wanted to do it on the cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." -Vincent van Gogh
trinashere
nerd and a half.

(witty comment goes here)

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2008 05:23:04 AM »

I'm being Winehouse for Halloween too, and I plan on using Sharpies for my tats. They work really well and aren't too hard to wash off afterwards. A long time ago, my sister dressed up as this local punk rock guy who thought he was the scene king since he was in his 30s and everyone else was a teenager/early 20s. She drew his arm and hand tattoos on with Sharpies and it looked fantastic. I'm also planning on hiding funny stuff in my beehive, like fake joints and tiny bags of flour or baby powder. Ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The art of losing isn't hard to master; so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster. ~ Elizabeth Bishop
xMissxMagentax

Makes Me Feel Hopeless,Worthless, Sick. *

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2008 07:11:47 AM »

Like trinashere  said, for the tattoos, you can take Sharpies. It works well. I was a punk girl a few years ago and it lasted  all day long. And it isn't that hard to remove it, I removed it with soap in my shower. And looks more like tattos because the eyeliner is really too black lol. Everybody though I had real tattoos lol. I hope you're going to have a golden swimsuit top lol !! Or a t-shirt with the slashed back. Or both ? Kat Von D is a great idea. ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*x[ Miss Magenta ]x
hflute
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2008 10:13:16 PM »

I like the Amy Winehouse and Kat Von D ideas! Yikes, thats going to be a lot of scrubbing the next day both of them have lots of tats  Smiley Before you use a Sharpie moisturize well with some lotion, itll still look good but itll come off easier.

Im going as a blood elf mage from World of Warcraft. The dress is done, I just need to get started on the shoulders, gloves, hood and cloak. The shoulders are supposed to glow, so if theres time my DH is going to rig some red lights into the shoulders.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn72/stumbling08/10337.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2008 06:41:48 AM »

I'm so excited for Halloween!  This year my roommates and I are dressing up as Dead Disney Princesses.  I've always wanted to be Cinderella but I think just wearing a "pretty" costume is lame, so we're going to "ugly" them up a bit with some gore... Smiley

So, I'm going to be Cinderella who's been bludgeoned to death by her ugly step sister with a glass slipper, I'm going to walk around with one shoe off the whole night and have a bleeding head wound.  I found a great dress that I'm adding sleeves and a peplum to.

My other roommates are going to be Ariel, strangled by seaweed; Snow White, with a ton of tiny pick ax wounds (7 angry dwarfs); Belle, with the world's worst paper cut (across her wrists, a little morbid, but better than abusive boyfriend, right?); and Pocahontas with an arrow through the chest (or head). 

I always throw a huge Halloween Party so this year we're turning our house into the Haunted Enchanted Kingdom... it's gonna be awesome!

A great couple costume that my bro and sil did a couple years ago was Nun-Chucks.  They took black fabric and attached it to large embroidery hoops that they wore on their shoulders (with holes for their arms) and then made "hats" out of cardboard and tin foil that were connected with those giant Styrofoam chains that craft stores sell around halloween.  It was pretty freaking awesome, plus they won their costume contest!

Another great costume that I did a few years ago was a Jelly Fish which I made with a hula hoop and swim suit fabric stretched over it.  I attached a bridal hat underneath and cut spirals of fabric and attached around it.  Came close to wining the contest that year too...

The Dead Disney Princess idea is the Best Ever...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
lizafer06

Save the Chief!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2008 10:53:25 PM »

Lindsay Lohan is a fun one to dress up as...and now you can bring Samantha Ronson along too! Just wear a baggy t-shirt and a fedora for Samantha and for Lindsay...just look like a train wreck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninkybink

~*FaShIoNiStA*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2008 11:14:55 AM »

I posted this in it's own thread...but Marie Antoinette is a fun costume to make and to wear! I made a costume using simplicity #0516

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veghead
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2008 11:35:27 AM »

Adorable marie antoinette costume, but I assume you meant Simplicity 2832 not 0516.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancedupapillon
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2008 07:42:11 PM »

I need an easy costume for myself that would be recognizable to and appropriate for preschool-aged kids (I am hosting a Halloween puppet show for 0-5 year olds). Last year, I went as the Paper Bag Princess, which was super easy. I would love to do a storybook or nursery rhyme character again this year, but I am open to other ideas as well.

Ms. Frizzle!  I convinced my mom (a grade 6 teacher) to dress up as her this year.  It will be awesome!  All you need is a simple long sleeved dress in a fun sciency pring (or appliqus), a curly red wig, and a plastic lizard friend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Viewing Images in a Slideshow
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Filtering, Reordering and Sorting Files in Bridge
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving a Workspace, Rating and Labeling
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Viewing Files in Bridge
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Introducing Navigation and Adobe Bridge
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...