A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween costume ideas for 2008  (Read 56285 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

VintageGeek
Generation N

It's still cool to me, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2008 09:49:14 AM »

I'm confused: do you want to be something everybody will recognize?  If so, I'm not so sure most people will get who Wanda or Miss Argentina are.  (I don't know them.)

I like the idea of a bar wench, since you could bring coffee!  

I do want to be something everybody will recognize.  And while doing something like Miss Argentina would be hilarious and fun, and it would be even better for those people who do get it, I'd rather do something more generic - I'd rather not do a specific character, I mean.

But on that note, I'm thinking a bar wench would be a great idea.  The reason is, I also cosplay at anime conventions, and if I were to choose a character, like one of the barmaids from Soul Calibur III, then people at work would just think I'm a barmaid, and then I could reuse the costume at a con and go as a character.

Hmm, now to figure out how to make a barmaid costume.  Hehe!  Thanks everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lizzloli
Lady in waiting

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2008 11:16:16 AM »

My inspiration isn't really my own, but whatever. I love the new Batman movies (like half of the world). So I'm going to take Poison Ivy and make her into a modern day character like they did with the Joker. I'm think some thing like raver gone mad.

I'm either going to order red dreadfalls or dye my hair. I'm getting bright green PVC to costom make a pair of thigh boots by converting an old pair of heels. I'm going to dye a pair of white tights bright green. I'm doing a shiny green spandex micro mini. But I'm at a loss what to do for the top!? Anyone got any ideas!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\/)
(^^)
(v v)
Some bunny loves you!
Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2008 11:24:06 AM »

I'm confused: do you want to be something everybody will recognize?  If so, I'm not so sure most people will get who Wanda or Miss Argentina are.  (I don't know them.)

I like the idea of a bar wench, since you could bring coffee!  

I do want to be something everybody will recognize.  And while doing something like Miss Argentina would be hilarious and fun, and it would be even better for those people who do get it, I'd rather do something more generic - I'd rather not do a specific character, I mean.

But on that note, I'm thinking a bar wench would be a great idea.  The reason is, I also cosplay at anime conventions, and if I were to choose a character, like one of the barmaids from Soul Calibur III, then people at work would just think I'm a barmaid, and then I could reuse the costume at a con and go as a character.

Hmm, now to figure out how to make a barmaid costume.  Hehe!  Thanks everybody!

There's a traditional Oktoberfest outfit pattern on www.burdastyle.com that costs $4.  It has the dress (you could always shorten the skirt, or make it fuller for your needs) and a thin cotton top to go underneath!  Check it out under the "patterns" link on the top bar.  I thought about buying it just because it's cute!  Haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
VintageGeek
Generation N

It's still cool to me, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2008 01:35:56 PM »

There's a traditional Oktoberfest outfit pattern on www.burdastyle.com that costs $4.  It has the dress (you could always shorten the skirt, or make it fuller for your needs) and a thin cotton top to go underneath!  Check it out under the "patterns" link on the top bar.  I thought about buying it just because it's cute!  Haha.

Oooh!  That's perfect!!!

*Squee!*

Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MollyMillions
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2008 06:50:45 PM »

I keep changing my mind!

Now I'm entertaining the idea of dressing up as a suffragette:

Maybe only funny to me because I'm a Women's Studies major.  Cheesy  But I think it'd be cute. I so rarely get to wear a practical sash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahmakes
Sarah likes to make stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2008 07:44:09 PM »

MollyMillions--I love the idea of a suffragette costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2008 09:21:20 PM »

My boyfriend and I have just decided that we're going as Juno and Bleeker for halloween. Our friends are having a party and their couple costume is the Joker and Harley Quinn, so we decided to couple it up as well.

so the crafty bit is that I need to make a fake belly for myself. any ideas on how to do a convincing one? Also need to find an orange and white striped shirt...Muahaha. The rest should be pretty easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
shea_47
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2008 07:15:19 AM »

This year I really really realllllly want to go as Kat Von D. It's unique, not too slutty but still kinda hot at the same time. It requires me to make a gold lam bathing suit top (i think i may just buy a cheapo bra and cover it with gold fabric), a vest out of recycled denim (i have some stuff from my mom from the 80s). I have one problem though, how the heck am I going to cover my arms with tattoos that will stay on after a sweat-fest at the bar??? I know waterproof eyeliner can do the stars/lightning bolt on my face and the tats on my hands, but i still need an idea on how to do the arms and stomach tattoos.

Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." -Vincent van Gogh
dmbgirl41
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2008 11:39:03 AM »

I think that is a FABULOUS idea. Because those woman paved the way for the rest of us, because its an election year & maybe in some small way- you will be encouraging other woman to vote!!! Do it!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Sweet you Rock & Sweet You Roll~*
Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2008 12:46:43 PM »

Oooh!  That's perfect!!!

*Squee!*

Thanks!!!

Awesome!  Glad I could steer you in the right direction Smiley  Make sure to post a picture of it when you're done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Soft and Shiny Locks with Steam
Beachy Waves Without Going to a Salon
Three Hair Sprays That Do More Than Just Hold Your Style
Hair Care with Natural Ingredients
Make Your Hair Color Last Longer With Easy At-Home Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...