A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,500
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween costume ideas for 2008  (Read 56507 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oingoboingirl

VYVYAN! YOU UTTER BASTARD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008 12:26:13 PM »

I know the Joker is going to be overdone, but if I was a dude I would STILL dress up like him  Cheesy
I was playing with the idea of doing the Joker in the nurse outfit from the hospital scene?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.
Capt_Jordi

Beachin it up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008 06:24:32 PM »

I know the Joker is going to be overdone, but if I was a dude I would STILL dress up like him  Cheesy
I was playing with the idea of doing the Joker in the nurse outfit from the hospital scene?

YOU MUST DO THAT!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

piratecore
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008 06:23:57 AM »

oddly enough, that is what my husband wants to be, to set him apart from all the other jokers and to re-use my nurse costume from last year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittyfreud
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008 02:20:15 PM »

I think everyone in my house is going to dress up as slight variations of Waldo (as in Where's Waldo). It'll be easy enough to do, and a good group costume, in my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
idoless
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008 09:16:54 AM »

The Joker costume is gonna be overdone this year... which sucks, but there's always next year if I really want to be him.
I've been thinking about a few costumes though, like The Riddler (Batman), Harley Quinn (Batman), or Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 1 when her outfit isn't as questionable =]). I guess I'm leaning towards characters this year...
I'm not really sure though.
My friend said I should be Brody Dalle from the Distillers or Bob or Stevo from SLC Punk. Ha. But I don't really want to, especially with Brody Dalle because I'd be dressing a lot like myself since I take inspiration from her with my clothes already. I think she only said that because of my hair.
My friend is going as Wednesday from Wednesday 13/Murderdolls/Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13. I think it would be a wicked costume. She went as the Crow (Eric Draven) two years ago.
And I was thinking about being a zombie, but hell, EVERYONE GOES AS A ZOMBIE. Its a bit overdone. Last year I went as one... with kinda a dark ballet costume, combat boots and fishnets, piercings (with me trying to toss the effect of them being shoved into my lip), and lots o' bruises and blood. But that was a last minute thing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckey23
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008 03:07:04 PM »

Last year my Hubs and I went as a pregnant nun and a priest. We had some very strange looks carrying around my baby niece (the chili pepper). I think this year we are going to go as gnomes. I saw the post sometime ago on here, but can't remember anything other than that. I really like the Zelda/Link idea from page one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
death_by_vodka
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008 07:34:14 PM »

I have the feeling that it might be overdone, but I've been wanting to go as the Tim Burton version of Mrs. Lovett ever since the day the movie came out.  I've been wrestling with the idea because I know a million other people are going to do it too, but I've decided to just go for it.  My boyfriend is going to go as my Sweeney.  <3 

I don't really have any other GOOD ideas, but I've always wanted to go as Catwoman (Batman Returns style) or a really really well put together Medusa but have yet to do those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008 09:57:41 PM »

I have the feeling that it might be overdone, but I've been wanting to go as the Tim Burton version of Mrs. Lovett ever since the day the movie came out.  I've been wrestling with the idea because I know a million other people are going to do it too, but I've decided to just go for it.  My boyfriend is going to go as my Sweeney.  <3 

I don't really have any other GOOD ideas, but I've always wanted to go as Catwoman (Batman Returns style) or a really really well put together Medusa but have yet to do those.

Well perhaps the Burton-style Mrs. Lovett would have been more overdone last year? I think you're stafe!

(Then again - I mentioned this in the other thread, but -  I'm joining the club and planning on going as the Dark Knight style Joker. Maybe it will make it a little less "overdone" ish because I'm female? That is... if I can get my act together, considering my plane arrives back from Europe on Halloween evening at 5:30pm.. )

But my main point of replying... this may sound super strange, but a pretty fabulous "Barbie as Medusa" doll came out recently... I think it could translate into an awesome costume. http://www.barbiecollector.com/showcase/product.aspx?id=1003838&t=modern&t2=avail&x=avail&y=avail&sort=name

THIS ROCKS   Logged

death_by_vodka
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008 09:17:12 AM »

Well perhaps the Burton-style Mrs. Lovett would have been more overdone last year? I think you're stafe!

(Then again - I mentioned this in the other thread, but -  I'm joining the club and planning on going as the Dark Knight style Joker. Maybe it will make it a little less "overdone" ish because I'm female? That is... if I can get my act together, considering my plane arrives back from Europe on Halloween evening at 5:30pm.. )

But my main point of replying... this may sound super strange, but a pretty fabulous "Barbie as Medusa" doll came out recently... I think it could translate into an awesome costume. http://www.barbiecollector.com/showcase/product.aspx?id=1003838&t=modern&t2=avail&x=avail&y=avail&sort=name

Wow!  That Barbie is awesome and it gave me some extra ideas for my some day Medusa costume!  Thanks for the link!

P.S.  Sweeney Todd didn't come out in film version until December of last year.  So this will be the first Halloween where there will be Tim Burton versions of the characters running around Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chris_wass
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2008 09:25:24 AM »

I plan on wearing the Wonder Woman costume that I knit for Comic-Con. That outfit needs to get some more wearings! :-) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=257117.0

My friend booglass is thinking about adapting the bodysuit pattern to make it into a Batgirl costume, and someone else on Ravelry is talking about doing it as The Greatest American Hero. I think that would be awesome! I think that it would also be super cute as Supergirl or a Green Lantern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop: http://chriswass.etsy.com
The Phoenix United Craft Society: http://www.phucs.com

"To make people free is the aim of art, therefore art for me is the science of freedom." -Joseph Beuys
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Face Painting - Adding Finishing Touches
How to Create Alien Eyes in Face Painting
Face Painting Tips - Applying Foundation
Face Paint Tools for a Galactic Alien
How to Face Paint a Galactic Alien
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...