A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween costume ideas for 2008  (Read 55802 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jessica.Marie
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008 11:13:39 PM »

my first choice was going as a little girl and having the fiance be a big daddy [bioshock], but he decided he didnt want to be in that big of a costume

so i thought sweeney todd and mrs lovett b/c it fits us perfectly, but too many people will probably do it this year

so i was thinking chii from chobits or inspired from the last post jessica rabbit since i have a friend who always calls me that, but what could i make for the boy???

so basically any good couples ideas???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessica Marie

yay i made a wist!!! http://www.wists.com/Jessica_Marie
sparky17
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008 02:05:07 PM »

maybe go as the corpse bride? i wanted to do it but it looks too challengeing, however if your majoring in costuming im sure itll be good! or you could do any anime character; their costumes are usually ellaborate and unique. just check cosplay sites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kfish148
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008 12:47:36 AM »

I'm torn between Princess Peach (with my boyfriend as Mario) and Harley Quinn (with my boyfriend as the Joker)...I'm not sure how to go about making either one though. and I'm not sure if I'd be able to find a purple suit jacket for the boy if we went with the Batman villains, cuz i'm definitely not good enough at sewing to make one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008 01:53:12 PM »

I'm slowly gathering things together for a devil costume this year. I've done a few searches and found a LOT of great horn-making info, but nada on tails. If I can avoid buying one, I'd love it. Also, I was hoping for something a little more unique than those store bought red satin things... Undecided

Help? Please?

If you guys don't know of a (no-sew or LOW-sew) tute or can't come up with other ideas, maybe you could point me to someone's etsy? It'd be greatly appreciated. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008 05:41:03 AM »

Now with getting Soul Caliber IV this week, I started looking at some of the characters in a different light like Talim or Tira (she is really punky badass in this one) or one of the Cassandra's latest outfits although I really loved her hot pink and black outfit from III. 

My sister was joking around with her soon-to-be-fiance (she doesn't know yet) about doing Batman and Catwoman with her as Batman and him as Catwoman.  But I doubt they would spend the money.  And our "adopted" sister (her best friend) was thinking of doing The Cheshire Cat with her bf as Alice or her as Tommy Lee and him as Pamela Anderson but then of course my bf had to tell her she reminds him of Tira a little so now she's switching again. 

Hope this helps with the couple costumes ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loveyalots92
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008 09:36:05 PM »

I've been thinking a little about dressing up as Penelope from, well, Penelope. Smiley

That coat's gonna be toughie, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
___mikehunt
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008 08:42:45 PM »

My husband and I have been thinking about going as Smiths-era Morrissey (him) and solo Moz (me). We're just afraid that not enough people will get the joke.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chattyKathi
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008 09:32:47 AM »

wow everyone one has such elaborate ideas, I don't dress up but my kids do. my son wants to be a magician and my daughter wants to be a bat. gotta figure out how to make a top hat for him...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
mollyxmayhem

when we're down to nothing, God's up to something.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008 06:09:08 PM »

COUPLE IDEAS!

[[spider pig/harry plopper and homer.]]

[[peanut butter and jelly, put peanut butter and jelly on knife costumes, and viola!]]

[[peas in a pod, do half a pod with one pea.]]

[[needle and thread :O]]

[[20 & 20 (vision haha Cheesy)]]

[[black and white piano keys]]

[[i and e (except, don't come to the door after c, or else you'll have to be e and i!)]]

[[x and o]]

[[candle and match]]

[[rainbow and gold]]

[[h & o (water is fun, but put a 2 subscript on the h)]]

[[popcorn and butter]]

[[salt and pepper]]

i'll try to think of more later.
Tongue
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008 06:10:49 PM by mollyxmayhem » THIS ROCKS   Logged

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13
alli.illektro
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008 10:09:20 PM »

ooo- i hate couples costumes. but maybe because i rarely find them unique. DUO costumes, not couples necessarily (same gender, not together) annoys me less...
i also hate pun costumes.

that being said this year im thinking of being Pris from Bladerunner

im trying to talk someone into being Bill and Ted from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Tongue muscle shirts, plaid shirts tied around the waist and a Wyld Stallyns vest....YES

i'd avoid the Joker. you just know thats going to be the "it" costume of the year. you wont be able to go to a halloween party this year without tripping over a few jokers.

this was us last year:
me as a vintage style space cadet and my bf as *ahem* the 35W bridge collapse. (we live in minneapolis, lol)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008 10:13:48 PM by alli.illektro » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Traditional Ikura Sushi, Gunkan Style
How to Cook Chicken Teriyaki for a Japanese Bento Box
How to Make Wagyu Tartar, Gunkan Style
Vegetarian Japanese Bento Box Recipes
How to Make Foie Gras for a Japanese Bento Box
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...