A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween costume ideas for 2008  (Read 56289 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RoxieSparkles
« on: June 04, 2008 08:42:01 AM »

I know it's a bit early to be thinking about Halloween but it's my favorite holiday and this year I want to have the most original costume. I'm 22 and a Costume studies major at university so theatrical costumes are not a problem. Anyone have any super creative ideas for Halloween '08?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008 03:52:33 AM »

Well so far what I have is a geisha, a Japanese pirate (for the Disney cruise), a zombie since I never do anything gorey with my face or body, Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd (but I believe that is going to be a popular choice this year), or any of the characters from Guitar Hero (I, II, 80s or even III).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fallenangel624
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008 04:02:54 PM »

me and my boyfriend are going to go as zelda and link this year. yeah we are big dorks! i need to get started though
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peopleshootinghat
You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.

it's so stimulating being your hat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008 10:46:05 AM »

It's never too early to start thinking about halloween!

I want to go all out this year...I'd like to maybe make a costume that is in reference to some cool horror movies...Like spider baby or something...http://www.horror-movies.ca/AdvHTML_Upload/spider_baby_dvdartwork.jpg

Good movies and artwork are always a good place too look for inspiration
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good!
pawnshoppromises
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008 08:30:20 PM »

I'm going to be Judy Nails from the Guitar Hero series (preferabbly 1 or 2 since she is quite "underdressed" in 3), and my boyfriend is going as a headcrab zombie from the Half Life games.

It will be quite a video game inspired holiday for me this year. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
themysticmuffin
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008 08:53:29 PM »

In my mind, there is no such thing as 'too early to be thinking about halloween' : P This year, my friends and I are all going as characters from Pokemon. Mostly just the first season though. I can't decide who to go as though: a grunt from Team Magma, or Sabrina... We've decided that on every other corner we're gonna stop to sing the Pokemon theme song (avec rockin' guitar solo) and Team Rocket's Oath.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008 08:14:59 PM »

I'm going to be Judy Nails from the Guitar Hero series (preferabbly 1 or 2 since she is quite "underdressed" in 3), and my boyfriend is going as a headcrab zombie from the Half Life games.

It will be quite a video game inspired holiday for me this year. Smiley

I was thinking Judy from 1 or 2 or Midori from 3.  I was thinking of keeping to a Japanese theme this year, geisha or japanese pirate and then Midori also. 

Last year my bf was a Teddiz from Conkers Bad Fur Day, he made his head and we refashioned a Bear in the Big Blue House costume for the body.  Unfortunately people were thinking he was a giant Ewok or some kind of scary Teddy.  The awesome thing about the head he made was the ears, he was able to rig fishing line so he could make them wiggle.  Creeped some people out.  Then the year before that we were Alice and the Mad Hatter from American McGee's Alice in Wonderland game.  That took some extra time on his part since he wanted to have the exact nose, so we had to do an actual life cast of his face and then a plaster a paris (sp?) from that.  We still had that thing hanging in our hallway for a while, kind of creepy since it looked like it was a ghost face coming out of the wall with our blacklight. 

Yes we are dedicated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starhistnake
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008 08:51:46 PM »

Well I am still undecided about this year too and getting worried about it.

A few of the ones I've been that were really fun: Medusa, Dorothy Parker, Jane Austen, The Doctor (ten), Ophelia, Janis Joplin, Velma Kelly,

Ones I always thought would be fun: Nancy Drew, Boudicca, Amelie, Clara Bow, Theda Bara, Thursday Next, A Waterhouse painting (Boreas is my favorite), someone from Reefer Madness: the musical -either Mary Lane all bloody or one of those usherette type girls who hold cards that say things like "reefer makes you a pathological liar"

Good Luck with your decision.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jannghi
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008 05:20:05 PM »

I know it's a bit early to be thinking about Halloween
Yes, I agree it's quite early, but the store I work at has been getting Halloween deocrations since the of May, and I've already come up with my idea for this year.  The Seven Deadly Sins--a one-person costume, which I actually ahd in mind last year, but I didn't think of the idea quickly enough for it to work.  I've already gotten some of the things. I've actually got a thread on this. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ExoticSeamstress

Get Your Costume On!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008 09:07:12 PM »

Well, been thinking of some new ideas for costumes this year and have come up with James Brown, Prince, Rick James, Jessica Rabbit, A Vegas Showgirl, or the old standby, Wonder Woman. It's going to be fun this year, I hope the weather is warm for those skimpier type costumes as we will be attending an outdoor party.
Happy Halloween!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fry Bacon
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
How the New Orleans Dosant Was Created
Tart and Tangy Tuna Salad Recipe
4 Ways to Make School Sack Lunches More Fun
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...