A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cupcake Swap Round 2  (Read 16134 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2008 10:03:34 PM »

totally off topic, but i freaking love your tattoo on your chest! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadegreen
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2008 10:13:37 PM »

totally off topic, but i freaking love your tattoo on your chest! Cheesy

Haha thanks. I always get people trying to touch it asking if it's real. It's kind of freaky really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadegreen
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2008 10:21:20 PM »

Teaser for Megan. Don't think it gives anything away. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theartofmegan
Tutorial Contributor

One Crafty Wife Lady

Cr4ftN3rd. <3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2008 11:10:49 PM »

Oh wow, that did arrive fast! I can't believe it!

I'm so glad you liked everything Jade!  The fabric was all japanese, so it definitely has a touch of uber-cutesy to it.  I used up every bit of the white fabric with the cupcake bunnies, both brown fat quarters, and I have a bit of the pink left to do something neat with.

I actually did just use batting as my filling in the pot holders.  The fabric I used was 100% cotton, so that gives it enough of a buffer that the batting won't melt onto your hands.  The hot stuff also isn't in your hands for very long, either, so unless you burn through the cotton layer on the stove, like I did with my last set, you should be fine.

Anyway, I'm really amused that your package got there so quick because I was actually just about to make a teaser for you!  I am really excited to see what you've got for me, especially with the little teaser shots.   Yay, can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art, Crafts, Fashion, Love.
http://www.theartofmegan.com

Visit my Etsy Stores!

The Art of Megan
Handmade, Vintage, and Recycled Craft Supplies at http://theartofmegan.etsy.com

HomeGrown Fashion
Unique, down-to-earth fashion, accessories, and home decor
http://homegrownfashion.etsy.com
PenGwend
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2008 07:26:27 AM »

I'm so anxiously waiting to hear from FlipFlop that she's received!  In the meantime, I've been enviously going through the gallery and surfing the net for other cuteness, and look what I found!

http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2008/06/how_to_sew_a_cute_cupcake.html?CMP=OTC-5JF307375954\

Those people over at craftzine must be jealous of our goodies too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Luck favours the prepared, dahlink." -Edna

www.flickr.com/photos/silver-lining
Handmade Goodies!
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2008 07:40:09 AM »

I love that magazine Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flip Flop
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2008 08:00:10 AM »

I'm so anxiously waiting to hear from FlipFlop that she's received!  In the meantime, I've been enviously going through the gallery and surfing the net for other cuteness, and look what I found!

http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2008/06/how_to_sew_a_cute_cupcake.html?CMP=OTC-5JF307375954\

Those people over at craftzine must be jealous of our goodies too!

no package on my porch yet :-( but i checked the dc and it left VA yesterday, so i have a feeling i wont be getting it today either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2008 10:07:31 AM »

off topic....but I love your tattoo too!  very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
PenGwend
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2008 01:14:09 PM »

Yesterday!!!  Augh!  Well, I hope that the potentially melt-able part of your package is still ok with all the dry ice and reusable ice I put in there!

In other, happier news, I got my package today!  I have to say it might be the most awesome package I've ever gotten in a swap!  Here come the photos!

The whole thing, all wrapped up beautifully in lovely, summery tissue (which I think is even the nice, floral kind!)

Super cute cupcake stickers, which look like they're coloured in by hand!! Glittery, cute and wonderful - I may have to keep them for myself instead of distributing them to my kiddies at school...

A great cupcake cookbook (which will be great for the school year!), a cupcake liner modge podge-d notebook (did you know that I always carry around a little notebook to write notes, draw out ideas and stuff?) and extra cupcake liners

And a beautifully well made purse!  The lining is the same cupcakes on lime in the panel on the outside, which is also a giant pocket!

(my younger sister has already claimed it as her own, which I figured was fair since she had to come with me to collect the package from the post office, which took over an hour!)

Did you think I was done?  Oh no!  Someone else has been spoiled too - my bunny, Tuzi (pronounced Too-zee)
FlipFlop made him a little towel with amazing little cupcake appliques and embroidery.  It's even in his favourite colour - yellow!  It's so funny, he loves yellow.  I accidentally dropped a piece of yellow fabric on the floor once and he came running over to claim it for himself.  So, my bf and I went and bought him a whole set of his own yellow towels so we could let him know which places are his (as opposed to "ours").  I think this is exactly the kind of towels we got him even, but his new towel is waaaay prettier!

And a quick shot of Tuz checking out his new towel:

Thanks so much FlipFlop!!  And more photos are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34667947@N00/?saved=1!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008 01:15:26 PM by PenGwend » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Luck favours the prepared, dahlink." -Edna

www.flickr.com/photos/silver-lining
Handmade Goodies!
Flip Flop
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2008 04:13:41 PM »

ok after this swap im officially obsessed with pot holders. whoever made them can you share the secret for what goes inbetween? i was actually going to make some with batting until i realized thats not very heatproof/protectant...

you can also buy heatproof batting at the fabric store, it usually has a silver layer in it. i made some potholders recently and i used a layer of that (pretty thin) and then a layer of the natural cotton batting (not the puffy stuff) and it worked out really well!

PenGwend! I just saw that you received. I am so glad everything worked out so well! I love animals so i really wanted to make something for your bunny, im glad yellow was the color it likes! I really am looking forward to your package!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008 04:15:03 PM by Flip Flop » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Chocolate Ganache Tart
How to Make Chocolate Macaroons
Chocolate-Banana Pudding Recipe
Molten Chocolate Macaroon Recipe
How to Make a Giant, Skillet-Made Chocolate Chip Cookie
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...