A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cupcake Swap Round 2  (Read 16897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sugar-magnolia
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2008 05:20:14 PM »

Ohhhh boy, I received from miss Pearmaid today!  She is FABULOUS!  Grin  I feel so spoiled!

I couldn't wait long enough to take a picture of the package, but it was biiiiiig!  I was so excited!  A lot of my photos are a little washed out, though, because my new computer doesn't work with my photoshop, so I couldn't fix it.  :/ sorry guys.  All the cute little notes are a mint green color.

The card Smiley

Adorable noteholder

A necklace, which I couldn't get decent colors on, but which is soooo cute-- It's a cupcake chef necklace!  It's got  a little pan, cookbook, little pink frosted cupcakes, a pastry bag...

Here's a cupcake pincushion, sporting some cupcake pins!

detail shot of the pins

The pins came in this:

A pencil roll, with, as the little note says, "spaces for pens, pencils, calculator, etc".  

here's the inside

And a very cute paperweight

And inside, there were these adorable glass rocks with cupcakes and polka dots and glitter on them!  

And a mini-pincushion:

Here's some lovely cupcake-print fabric, with the print along both long edges.  However, unlike the picture, it's not white, it's a really pretty periwinkle blue.

I desperately wanted resin-and-sprinkle stuff, and ohhhh boy, did I ever get what I wished for!

A resin and sprinkle cell phone charm.  I'm getting a cell phone, and this is going to be the first thing it receives!

Resin and sprinkle necklace, with a little poly-clay cupcake in it

Resin and sprinkle heart-shaped ring.  OH how I love this.  

A fabulous cupcake bucket bag!  

To give you an idea of how big this is, the circumference of the fullest part is 45 inches, and let me count what's in here...

All the fabric that my gifties were wrapped in, a big plastic bag,  a tank top, two night shirts, a sweater, a hoodie, five pairs of shorts, and five pairs of pajama pants.  Phew!  It is a huuuge bag.  I think I'm gonna bring it to college in the fall so I have something cute to carry my clothes to the laundry in.

Here's the ribbon around the top:

And here is a recipe book.  Let me tell you, Miss Pearmaid is just the most thoughtful person!  I am allergic to milk, and I put that under my allergies in the questionairre.  And my wonderful partner made me a book of milk-free cupcake recipes!  Each page is painted, and I couldn't resist putting every page in here. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

the cover

Thank you so much, Pearmaid!  You were a great swap partner!  

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A wist at last!  www.wists.com/sugar-magnolia

www.thehungersite.com 

www.freerice.com   <-- this is a really fun vocabulary game that gives rice to the hungry for every question you answer correctly
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2008 05:24:37 PM »

AWWWW!!  wow!  such great stuff!  how fun is that? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Pearmaid
Frilly in wonderland

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2008 05:54:05 PM »

So glad you liked it! Smiley

here's another pic of the cupcake necklace.

Making the recipe book was really fun, my mom is a vegan so milk free is familiar to me Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2008 06:08:32 PM »

EEE!! everything is awesome! That cookbook is so thoughtful, and the pillow is adorable, and the paper art rocks, and... well, it's all so great!

Is it really sad that I am super excited to find out they make Cookie Dough LipSmackers? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2008 06:11:04 PM »

LOLOLOL they do?Huh? that cookbook is so thoughtful and adorable! love everything  I am soooo full of love!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008 06:12:20 PM by SunflowerSmiles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Bluemopitz

Crafty Library Mama

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2008 06:48:02 PM »

That mini pastry bag on the necklace is super adorable!  Love the recipe book too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThirdMargaret

I'm not happy, I'm cheerful. There's a difference.

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2008 07:15:56 PM »

And the cuteness goes on and one and on!!  Love the framed cupcake necklace and the cupcake chef necklace!  Over and over I'm just blown away by the cleverness and creativity of all the Craftsters here!  And there's more to come....

Anyone considering round 3?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2008 08:22:51 PM »

well, not to shamelessly plug this swap (although i will anyway) but we're doing a kawaii cupcakes/food swap in july

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250452.0

Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadegreen
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2008 09:56:33 PM »

Hold onto your hats ladies...I received from theartofmegan today (can't believe it arrived so quickly!) and I was super duper spoilt.

Here is everything all wrapped up in pretty paper.

And a group shot. (Including the cute little card that I didn't get a close up picture of. It says on the front "making cupcakes is like making magic, except you can't EAT magic!" how adorable)

All the little goodies she sent to make cupcakes with including different shaped colourful sprinkles, lavender sugar sprinkles (holy freakin' yum!) and a buttload of paper cuppie liners. Plus a fridge magnet notepad and some little baking related scrapbook decorations. When I finally get around to organising my recipe book I know where those are going!

OK onto crafted items. Here is the cutest bag ever for buying cupcakey items. There are actually TWO of these. yay!

Because I actually bake cupcakes a lot (I even have a cupcake blog haha, I'm a loser) she decided to make a whole bunch of matching textiles for me which is awesome because I'm super poor (that is what a baby will do to you) and don't have any of these things but totally need them....no I didn't even own pot holders.  Embarrassed Anyway, first up embellished towels .

And I saved my favorite for last. An under bust (or in my case under where-a-bust-should-be) reversable apron and pot holders. LOVE! I tried to take a photo of it on one way before I found a spot in the babies room to set up the auto timer on the camera. The second photo is of it on the other way and is more true to colour.

The fabric used on everything is so adorable. I think I might have to get a close up of it later. Thankyou so so so so much Megan! You are a wonderful partner. I actually feel kind of bad because I only sent crafted items and no bought ones due to my rather sad budget. Plus I also sewed you something but it's obvious your sewing skills far exceed my own. You spoiled me so very much I think I may have to send you a few more goodies when I have some more dollars.  Grin

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008 09:58:30 PM by jadegreen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2008 10:03:23 PM »

ok after this swap im officially obsessed with pot holders. whoever made them can you share the secret for what goes inbetween? i was actually going to make some with batting until i realized thats not very heatproof/protectant...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Cartoon Boy
How to Design Cartoons Online
How to Design Anime Heads
How to Write in a Beautiful Way
How to Draw a Ladybird
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...