A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ugly vest into cute skirt, ugly sweater into cute skirt  (Read 1369 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lizthecraftybitch
« on: June 03, 2008 05:31:58 PM »

this will be my first post, so i'm not entirely sure if the photos will work out or not. i unfortunately forgot to take any before pictures of the ugly clothes before i changed them. i got an amazingly ugly huge vest at the thrift store, because it only cost 25 cents and i liked the fabric. i turned it into a very simple skirt which does not even have a zipper. i couldn't get into it so i gave it to my friend, who is modeling it in the pictures:

and the other skirt i made out of a sweater and ugly shirt. i made the bottom of the sweater into the skirt's waist band, and then took material from the sleeves and added it to the sides so that the skirt wouldn't be too fitted around my hips. unfortunately it still was, so i haven't worn the skirt out yet. the flowers i took from some enormous ugly shirt and i sewed them on the inside of the skirt, then cut out the material on the front. i think it's cute, and with more adjusting can be awesome:

so let me know what you think of them! and if anyone has suggestions for making knit skirts not quite so form fitting, let me know!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008 02:54:10 PM by lizthecraftybitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hltrskltr
"I've got a...muscle cramp." "In your pants?" "It's a thing!"

Slayer, The. She who hangs out in graveyards.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008 12:28:08 PM »

those are really cute!!!!
Great job seeing the potential in those ugly (I'll take your word for it) clothes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Tom
How to Draw Tinkerbell
How to Draw Thrasher
How to Draw Taz
How to Draw Tarzan
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...