A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,801
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Superhero/Comics Swap (sign-ups 6/2-6/16; send outs 7/14)  (Read 20070 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2008 12:55:38 PM »

btw--if anyone is in need of raw materials, please PM me, and I'll package some up and send 'em via media mail (which is super cheap). I work in the industry, so a lot of my home and office clutter consists of single ishs in need of new homes, plus copies of Previews and other trade mags, and it is worth the price of media mail to me to get them out of the way.
I'd love to take you up on your offer if you're still offering!  Just let me know your address or pay pay email for the shipping!

Again, PM me. don't want to spam the thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coldbrains4
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2008 03:44:37 PM »

Ok, filled out and sent the questionnaire in. YAY.

my summer plans of going to comic-con in San Diego were thwarted by lack of money and need of summer school and i was SO upset i would have to spend the summer with out that comic-nerd fix, but then i saw this swap and i KNEW i had to do it. i totally makes up for the lack of conventions. in fact, in many ways, it is better.Smiley

YAY so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap maybe yes please? PM me! i like making new friends. Smiley
redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2008 03:50:19 PM »

Ok, filled out and sent the questionnaire in. YAY.

my summer plans of going to comic-con in San Diego were thwarted by lack of money and need of summer school and i was SO upset i would have to spend the summer with out that comic-nerd fix, but then i saw this swap and i KNEW i had to do it. i totally makes up for the lack of conventions. in fact, in many ways, it is better.Smiley

YAY so excited!

There are cons EVERYWHERE, and IMO, local ones are often the best. Just 'cause you can't go to SDCC doesn't mean you can't get your geek on pretty hard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coldbrains4
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2008 04:40:45 PM »

yeah, but where i live, AX is the only other one coming up and i can't even afford that.

it's lame, yes, but still, it will be good for me to get this school out of the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkie_poh
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2008 05:58:56 PM »

coldbrains: I'm fairly confident in saying that my life's goal is to go to the San Deigo Comicon.
Re: SO's - My boyfriend is a HUGE geek! I love it ^_^ I find it really entertaining when I'm better at some video games than he is (although I'm sure he would disagree)
In general: I apologise if I don't post often, I'm away visiting my parents and am doing stuff rather than...not doing stuff?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coldbrains4
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2008 07:41:55 PM »

Pinkie_poh, it is my life's goal too. i have been thwarted the last 3 years by lack of money or family issues, or school.

ONE DAY *gets a far away look in her eyes, and stares out the window*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2008 08:56:40 PM »

I love I'm not the only one that found love in the rpg world hehe

On a side note... I have a new addiction...  big lots of mystery comics off of eBay.  In one of my recent penny wins (of course $17.99 shipping though =\) of mystery lot of comics, I found...

Tank Girl The Odyssey #1, 2, 3!  Not to mention some Spawn, Spiderman, and others for the SO.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hecate621

Knitting my way out of boredom.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2008 11:39:18 PM »

Oddly enough, I met my geeky future husband because of Firefly.
Some mutual friends and I all discovered our love of the characters, and we started placing each other in roles fitting our personalities.
It was unanimously decided that I was Zoe, so I of course asked "Well, then who is Wash?"
Everyone nearly shouted at the same time that it was Jason (my now fiancee)
Immediately all of our mutual friends got this look of 'Oh god they're perfect for each other' and we were introduced the next day. Sure enough, he's the Wash to my Zoe.
He describes it as "Darling, I knew you were my soul mate when you said you had a life size cutout of Chewbacca"
He's currently all the way in California (boo) getting his degree, and until I can move out there from Illinois (yay) we spend every night playing WoW, which I bought for him, and forced him to play in the first place. (He was afraid he would become addicted.. and well.. we are.)

Don't be worried if it's your first swap, it's mine too and I believe someone else's - You won't be alone in that Smiley

Ps - YAY MUDS, Age of the Throne anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So he finds her in a sprawl,
woven deep in memories revisited and reworked.
The scars get covered up with cherry blossoms that never felt as soft as this.
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2008 08:03:43 AM »

Pinky - I know the feeling! I totally rock my FH's face off at fighting games! <3 Street Fighter. Unfortunately, if we play any sort of shoot you in the face game he'll hide somewhere and snipe me until I die. ;_; Jerk.

Hecate, we're browncoats too! Cheesy That story is so cute. Yay nerdy love!

Re Cons: out of the cons I've been to I prefer the smaller ones, though there haven't been many in Jersey lately. They're a lot more intimate and you can get into booths and panels without a lot of shoving and elbowing. NYCC was fun, don't get me wrong, I met Stan the Man and got tons of free swag, and watched a fantastic Hellboy panel and it was great, but not great enough to make me spend 3 days there.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JustinKase
Psychobilly Steampunk Pyrate

It's the hat... Chicks dig the hat!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2008 08:31:48 AM »

I hurt my ankle Saturday afternoon, so I spent my day yesterday watching the Tim Burton Batman movies. I forgot how cheesy they were. Awesomely cheesy that is.

Ok I have to post to the thread.
1) To prove there is at least one guy involved in the swap, my first and I blame the wife for getting me additicted to craftster.
2) Since I saw a Tim burton comment (and mentioned the batman movie in my questionairre), did anyone know he is remaking Alice in Wonderland?  Supposed to come out in 2010.

I also have had a hard time getting my comics fix over the years due to money costing more than it used to.  I have fallen in love with my library district.  Most of the libraries carry single editions and graphic novels so I can borrow them without buying them.  Eventually they make their ways over to the bookstore.  I just bought a handful for my kids at $.10 a pop.  And I picked up a couple graphic novels for $.50 each.

I still buy comics when I can (mainly from 2nd hand stores, or when I get bookstore cupons).
I collect the Buffy series, Grimms Fairy tales when I can.  I also am trying to get a hold of the Army of Darkness vs Xena crossover.  Yes Ash goes to the Xena universe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What will curiosity get you?
Killed the Cat Curio Shop
http:\\www.etsy.com\shop\killedthecat
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Tips: How To Cut Your Own Bangs
Keep Curly Hair Frizz Free With This Hair Care Set
How to Braid Hair
How to Add Body to Your Hair with Beer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...