A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
750 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Superhero/Comics Swap (sign-ups 6/2-6/16; send outs 7/14)  (Read 19463 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkie_poh
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2008 06:46:05 PM »

I am so absolutely thrilled to see this swap! Eeee! Sending in my questionnaire...nao!

I'm really tempted by this swap, but I wanted to make sure of something first.  I LOVE superheroes, but I've mostly just seen the movies and cartoons...  The closest I've come to reading the actual comics is novels like The Death and Life of Superman.  Would that be ok or would I be totally in the dark, do you think?
That's kind of how I am--I love superheroes, but I am too broke to actually buy comics, so I stick to cartoons/movies/blogs/whatever trades they have at the library.
I'm the same way...haven't read too many of the comic books, but I've seen loads of movies/television shows/etc.

btw--if anyone is in need of raw materials, please PM me, and I'll package some up and send 'em via media mail (which is super cheap). I work in the industry, so a lot of my home and office clutter consists of single ishs in need of new homes, plus copies of Previews and other trade mags, and it is worth the price of media mail to me to get them out of the way.
I would definitely take you up on that, redidin...would you want some sort of compensation in return, beyond the extra space you'd have in your office Cheesy?

Also: Battle Pope? Anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkie_poh
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2008 06:48:31 PM »

Also: Zatanna, while the general conversation has turned towards superheroes, you also said non-superhero comics are a-ok...does this include webcomics? Because I am mighty fond of my webcomics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2008 07:16:09 PM »

Hey Pinkie! *waves*

I <3 the Battle Pope! Grin

Ok. So seriously. There is a gigantically huge list of heroes, villians, and comics in general that I like. I didn't bother re doing my questionnaire because it would be like 3 pages long. xD When I get my partner I'm sure we can flood each other with all the stuff we forgot. Lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2008 08:15:59 PM »

Also: Zatanna, while the general conversation has turned towards superheroes, you also said non-superhero comics are a-ok...does this include webcomics? Because I am mighty fond of my webcomics.

I am not particularly against webcomics as part of it, per se, though I would say try to keep it to actual webcomics and not comic STRIPS per se, if that makes sense? I am wanting to keep it pretty open though, so everyone can have lots of options!

And I know we have a very creative, cool group of people, so I am pretty sure most of us are down with doing some research as need be. I think that part is actually nice -  good way to get turned on to other stuffs.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2008 08:16:52 PM »

Ok. So seriously. There is a gigantically huge list of heroes, villians, and comics in general that I like. I didn't bother re doing my questionnaire because it would be like 3 pages long. xD When I get my partner I'm sure we can flood each other with all the stuff we forgot. Lol.

Yup, I think that is gonna be the case with many of us!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkie_poh
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2008 09:13:04 PM »

Hi Danni! Smiley
I am not particularly against webcomics as part of it, per se, though I would say try to keep it to actual webcomics and not comic STRIPS per se, if that makes sense? I am wanting to keep it pretty open though, so everyone can have lots of options!

So, lemme double check here...when you say comic strip, you mean ones like Dilbert or Get Fuzzy, ones like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2008 09:30:09 PM »

Yeah, if that makes sense. Though I suppose even that is debatable...more trying to keep it to stuff with storyline stuffs, is all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2008 10:01:44 PM »

To those talking about finding love in a fellow geek-  I found my hubby on the orginal Marvel comics message boards (we the role-players crashed the boards a few times before they finally never returned Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
DinkyTiny
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2008 11:20:09 AM »

so Bleedman's webcomics (ppgZ and grimtales from down below) are okay?
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/?strip_id=0
http://sugar.snafu-comics.com/?strip_id=0
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/?strip_id=0
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008 11:24:07 AM by DinkyTiny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A personal swap friendly crafter
Chaos gives birth to the most interesting beauties.
redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2008 03:21:25 PM »

btw--if anyone is in need of raw materials, please PM me, and I'll package some up and send 'em via media mail (which is super cheap). I work in the industry, so a lot of my home and office clutter consists of single ishs in need of new homes, plus copies of Previews and other trade mags, and it is worth the price of media mail to me to get them out of the way.
I would definitely take you up on that, redidin...would you want some sort of compensation in return, beyond the extra space you'd have in your office Cheesy?

It would be great if you wanted to cover shipping--PM me, and we can discuss further without spamming the thread.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Own Cool Boot Jewelry
Casual Night Out Outfit Tips
The Vintage Vision: Shoe 2014 Trends
Kendall Jenner Shows Off Calvin Klein Underwear in Instagram Photo
Southern Style Tips: Mixing Black and Navy
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...