A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Superhero/Comics Swap (sign-ups 6/2-6/16; send outs 7/14)  (Read 22486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008 06:57:23 PM »

Continuing the discussion from the "Ideas" thread re: female superheroes--

I'm on the board of and write a column for Girl-Wonder.org, a NPO dedicated to organizing and advocating for women in comics--as characters, creators, scholars, and fans. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the intersections of feminism and superheroes or anyone who's tired of feeling like the only girl in the comics shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spookshowbaby77
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008 07:59:34 PM »

That is very cool, redidin! I am bookmarking that site. I'll admit I got into comics because my husband was always dragging me to comic stores and cons...it was either learn to enjoy comics or be really bored. But, I ended up getting my husband into Birds of Prey and Walking Dead - two of his faves now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008 08:15:58 PM »

I liked the column (nice portal site, too!). It's a shame that so many books where you do find a great reflection of 'real life' women go away, get changed around, or the plotlines are just...dropped.

Birds of Prey I read, of course as I mentioned before, but I still haven't gotten around to the big stack o' Walking Dead in the house.  I have more stuff than I can read! Yikes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AeonGoddess
Meme-queen

I dare you to make less sense.

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008 09:28:24 PM »

This swap is calling my name. I've been a comic book nerd since before I could read (back then my dad read to me from his massive comic collection.) I was just wishing a few days ago that I had more swaps under my belt so I could organize a comic theme swap.

Zatanna, any chance I could pm you a probational type questionnaire even though I'm still pending feedback from my first swap? (I already did the sendout, now it's just waiting for my partner.) I COULD wait, but I have antses in my pantses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008 09:42:26 PM »

I have more stuff than I can read! Yikes!

Oh, man, do I hear that. On the upside, too many good comics is definitely better than too few!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008 09:59:41 PM »

Zatanna, any chance I could pm you a probational type questionnaire even though I'm still pending feedback from my first swap? (I already did the sendout, now it's just waiting for my partner.) I COULD wait, but I have antses in my pantses.

Sure! Someone else has done the same (they are waiting on their 1 month dealie). More awesome for me to read!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008 10:07:27 PM »

I have more stuff than I can read! Yikes!

Oh, man, do I hear that. On the upside, too many good comics is definitely better than too few!

Unfortunately I have a large stack of recent ones I feel I MUST read that I fear are not good.

*coughshehulkcough*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008 10:31:23 PM »

But, I ended up getting my husband into Birds of Prey and Walking Dead - two of his faves now.

Oh oh, I am in looove with the Walking Dead!! And I picked up a few BoP once I saw Manhunter on the cover. Cheesy

I can only *hope* to have a husband who is into comic books as well. I find that good, bad, and ugly I never have enough money to buy everything I want. But ashamedly, I buy them anyway.

*picks up new Echo* Yupp, it's a damn shame.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008 10:51:42 PM »

What happened to the Manhunter book, anyhow? I started reading it right around when they said it might be canceled but then that it would not be, but yeah, I guess it hasn't come out in a bit now that I think about it....  Sad

Ok  yeah, edit to add that google is my friend and the book comes out....today! Neat. Ask and ye shall receive...now if only that ice cream I was craving was as cooperative... Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008 10:55:58 PM by zatanna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008 11:30:30 PM »

ooh, if i had the spot for this i would be all over it (for my hubby's sake)

he loves the green lantern, thats his favorite...but i know he is into the X-men too..

he used to watch the Justic League Unlimited until they ran out of episodes, and he watched all those kinda cartoons when he was growing up...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Toy Boats with Wooden Blocks
How to Make Daffodil Decorations
How to Make Tissue Paper Carnations
How to Make Tissue Flowers
How to Make a Bag Out of Paper
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...