A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas in July Stash Buster Swap!  (Read 2014 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

serendipity_sarah
« on: June 02, 2008 06:21:48 PM »

Christmas in July Stash Buster Swap!

July usually kicks off the Christmas crafting season (in retail anyway).  So...I was thinking it would be a good time for a Christmas in July Stash Busting Swap!  Why?  Because it's always nice to get help filling our gift crafting lists.   As crafters, most of us enjoy giving handmade gifts.  We also usually have a few more craft supplies around the house than we'd like to admit. Wink 
Items would be crafted from supplies that you currently have in your possession.  The only exception being basic consumables like glue, thread etc...  If you are a spoiler, please spoil with handmade extras.  No store-bought extras, please, as this will be a stash busting swap.  You will be crafting items to help your partner stuff stockings, fill their gift list or, get a head start making their holiday decor.

Sign-ups are OPEN Smiley  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250275.0

Sign-ups June 6-20  Send-out deadline July 31. 

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008 07:37:37 PM by serendipity_sarah » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinkrbella2005
Wow sarcasm, that's original.

Not all who wander are lost. - Tolkien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008 07:21:32 PM »

I would definitely be interested in this swap. I have recently started going through my stash of craft stuff and I have so much stuff. Getting a head start on gifts for the holidays is also appealing.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Well behaved women rarely make history- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~

http://facebook.com/littlebitofjessjewelry

http://www.wists.com/tinkrbella
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008 07:33:09 PM »

I'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
love2teach
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008 08:03:35 PM »

I need to bust my stash...count me in love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
tirethminet
the leenie

laziest crafter ever

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008 09:05:16 PM »

this would be an incredible swap and i would love to join, but we are moving in july so all of my stash will be in boxes by then. :[
THIS ROCKS   Logged

in need of crafting motivation.
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008 09:09:47 AM »

I love this idea!  We are having a totally handmade christmas this year, and I'd love all the help I can get!  I don't know if I'll have a spot open that quick though...could we wait a week or two?  (or have a longish sign up period?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008 09:50:19 AM »

I might be interested! I've lately become overwhelmed with all the STUFF I have, and the entire half a basement room full of craft supplies is a large part of that!

I'm a little unclear of the Christmas part though... so we would be crafting presents for people on our partner's 'giving' list? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

serendipity_sarah
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008 10:28:33 AM »

Yes, the crafted items could be for your partner to give as Christmas gifts.  The Christmas in July aspect of the swap is to give swappers a chance to receive handmade items that they can give as gifts, stuff stockings with or use to decorate for the holidays.  If you would like to swap for items to keep for yourself that is great too.  It will be totally up to the partner's to decide what, how much and for whom to craft.     

The swap would not be strictly limited to making gifts for Christmas though.  I just thought the Christmas in July theme might give swappers a chance to get a head start on their holiday crafting.  The main object of the swap is to use items from your stash.  I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas but, still might like to do some crafty stash busting.  The swap would also probably be limited to North America to keep shipping costs reasonable.  Unless, there is enough interest from overseas swappers that live in the same country that could be paired.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008 10:40:53 AM by serendipity_sarah » THIS ROCKS   Logged
serendipity_sarah
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008 10:36:55 AM »

I love this idea!  We are having a totally handmade christmas this year, and I'd love all the help I can get!  I don't know if I'll have a spot open that quick though...could we wait a week or two?  (or have a longish sign up period?)

What time frame would be best?  Maybe extend sign-ups to run through 06/20 and change send by date to July 31?

I'll organize if we get at least 12 people to partcipate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bronzfrog
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008 06:21:18 PM »

This would be fun as I can see crafting from my stash.   New supplies mean a trip to the city for me.

I'm down for a maybe depending on if things settle down at work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Your Guide to the Best Halloween Costumes for 2012
Flattering Plus-Size Styles, from Tim Gunn
Tim Gunn: Designing Clothes For Plus-Sized Women
I Have DD Boobs And A Flat Butt! What Do You Wear?
A Great Substitute For Heels, from Tim Gunn
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...