A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 305,021
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Don't forget your local world wide knit in public event! :)  (Read 682 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2008 04:41:08 AM »

The world wide knit in public day is coming up, 14th of june!

Okay, I know I'm like three weeks early... and I'm sure all you overseas (i.e. America) would never forget something like this, but I have so far never remembered it, and I'm proud of myself for suddenly having done so Cheesy Aaaand I figured: maybe there's more than me who doesn't remember, or maybe even doesn't know if there's anything going on nearby?

So I just want to point out that it's not only in the states or canada... I've found plenty of events in Sweden for example!

Here's a link to a helping page for finding a local event
http://www.wwkipday.com/find_kip.htm

Cheers Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
futball15
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008 01:04:59 PM »

thanks a bunch I did actually forget and i was trying really hard to remember too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a track meet not a marathon- get it right the first time.
Being addicted to things is just one of my weaknesses{non drug and alcohol related addictions} so it's not my fault that i'm addicted to knitting.
OnyxDispair
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008 01:20:15 PM »

HOLYCRAP I TOTALLY FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked  I have to get together a knitting group then!  AND WE CAN DO CRAZY THINGS ALL DAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008 01:22:09 PM »

I read about that ..I am hoping to get to the event here..I NEED to meet some knitters...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
-Cougar1
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008 04:55:30 PM »

Do like I do and put it on the Microsoft Works Calendar on your computer.  I set mine to notify me a day to a week ahead of time...put everything I need to remember on there and it pops up the reminder the way you set it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008 03:35:42 AM »

Ooh, that's a good idea Cheesy Well it's a good idea at work anyway, at home I don't install those kinds of things Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
diykitten
Tina

I craft, therefore I am.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008 03:49:12 PM »

I'm so excited about WWKIP day.  It's also my mom's birthday, so maybe I'll make her something nice at the same time. 

I'm bummed because I had a negative public knitting situation last night.  I was at Yardhouse for a friend's bday.  A bunch of people came that I didn't know, but I figured since we were all friends of the bday boy, I would be nice.  As the night wound down, half the people had left already and I was ready to go home.  My bf was across the room talking to another friend, so while I waited for him I slipped my knitting out of my purse and knit a couple rows.  The three people sitting to the left of me started talking smack.  I heard things like "What are we? Eighty years old?!  Where are my socks?" and so much more.  I was *<---this--->* close to an offensive retort, but decided that I wouldn't waste my breath on those losers.

Hopefully, World Wide Knit in Public Day will be rainbows and happiness and no close-minded buzzkills sitting next to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008 08:50:11 AM »

Sucks with negative experiences - but hopefully you'll be around more similar minded people at WWKIP Cheesy I've started laughing at people being so close minded rather than being deterred by it. We're not acting old for knitting, we're upholding a legacy. Smiley (Ah, legacy-talk, yes, I DO play fantasy games a little too much I think)

I've had pretty good knitting-in-public experiences so far. One of the guys at work has made me teach him to knit, and one of the girls has joined in, having a little knitting circle at the IT-company we work at... Cheesy And I've had strangers in the subway who knit start talking to me, and once even someone who didn't quite dare start talking, but stared intently at my knitting and eventually fished up her own and knit in silence next to me Wink (I might have said something if I had noticed her knitting before I had to get off the train!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aethelberga
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008 06:54:53 PM »

I JUST discovered this event today (I am so out of the loop) and am now trying to find an event in my area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008 07:47:38 PM »

Check with the local yarn stores in the area, or maybe you can find a SnB group close by.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Screenwriting Software
Iron Man Movie Makers Explain Spectacular Audi Q7 Stunt
Technical Screenplay Format
How to Blur Faces in Videos
How to Create Storyboards
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...