A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchies Craft-a-long?  (Read 7815 times)
Tags for this thread: zentangle , inchie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009 06:55:31 AM »

Here are the inchies I completed for the Inchies swap.

I've created a few replacements for ones that the postal service decided to devour, just need to upload them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009 08:57:03 PM »

I hope it's OK to post this here.  I didn't want to take up a whole thread with this.  I just wanted to show my latest thing to do with some of my inchies.

I got into inchies right before I set off on a trip to San Diego.  And quickly thought that if I journaled my trips with inchies, I might actually do it.  Plus, it's a great excuse to pick up all those adverts and things while on vacation.

Thus was born Journey: Inch by Inch Down the Road

The cover came mostly from an old driving atlas that has been hitching around in my car for at least 20 years.  I figure it's time for a new one, so this one's now craftin fodder.

It has inchies of places of special memories, places I loved and places I'd like to see.

Page 1: San Diego (the black splotch is just protecting my friend's privacy)

(On the flight out there, as the plane started descending, there were a group of young boys (3 to 5 years old at the most) in the back of the plane who started singing... their lyrics were "we're gonna die, we're gonne die, nice to have met you all"  If the sound of children singing is the last thing I hear, I think I can be OK with it. Wink

Page 2: more of San Diego

I wish I could say that I saw all those critters, but it was too cold to be looking!

Page 3: the last page of the first journaled trip

Included are pictures or parts of business cards where we had great meals

Page 4: Heirloom Rubber Stamp Show, Springfield MA

That's it for now.  I've been wanting to do a travel journal for ages and this might keep me going.  But I think I'm going to include not just the "vacations" but the staycations and special events too.

I used business cards, travel brochures, gift shop bags, tickets, etc.  The book itself, I got from the college bookstore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
Gemcraft
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009 03:46:00 AM »

What a great idea, I LOVE the travel journal
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009 05:11:43 AM »

Now that is awesome. Love the idea completely. I have made quite a few and haven't posted. They have to rhyme or reason, but this is an excellent theme and something you can build every time you hit the road. Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009 06:12:42 AM »

I'm going to work with this!! I love inchies but I have a terribe time just sitting down and making them, except when it's for a swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009 09:50:21 AM »

I'm going to work with this!! I love inchies but I have a terribe time just sitting down and making them, except when it's for a swap!

I've found myself working on some if I can't get to sleep.  Sad, I know... but they're very relaxing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
malmow
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009 09:53:07 PM »

What a wonderful idea MunLtStmpr! I might have to try that. My free time has been divided between inchies and my altered journal lately...maybe I should merge the two!
I'd really like this thread to take off, but I can't add anything to it right now because the only inchies I have are for a personal swap and I don't want to spoil the surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MunLtStmpr

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009 06:11:18 PM »

I finally got around to posting the inchies that I've made for myself. Warning, this is image obese!

This is a set that I made using things that I got from Craftster's Inchies Swap 2 and 3:

This one is from pieces that I picked up while on vacation in San Diego:

I call this set "Space":

This is "Picnic"

These are paper punch flowers:

These use some of my hand carved stamps:

These use those metallic stickers:

These have fabric bases:

These are my digital Obama ones:

and finally, my lunch time zen inchies:

Hope that wasn't too much!

Who's posting next?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MyPins
MyArt
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009 06:00:57 AM »

You're an inchie making machine! They're all so amazing, but I really love the lunch time zentangles. I think I'll have to swipe some of my associates business cards to doodle on during lunch now. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MunLtStmpr

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009 08:41:01 AM »

Making the lunch time zentangles was amazing!  I'm in a job that really needs to get away for lunch and sometimes I can't really get away enough.  But the little square of paper and a set of markers did the job very well!  I added the color once I got home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MyPins
MyArt
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Paige Toon Talks About Chasing Daisy
Laurie Abraham Talks About The Husbands and Wives Club
Andrew Clements Talks About We the Children
Regan Hoffman Talks About I Have Something to Tell You
Make Time Work For You with Philip Zimbardo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...