A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,966
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Best info for a flyer/brochure?  (Read 405 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

toos

To thine own self be true! - William Shakespeare

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008 05:35:35 PM »

Hi all,

I am working on a flyer/brochure for the crafts I am trying to sell. A friend of mine has a cute little store in my town and she is letting consign in her store! (I am so excited - plus she only takes 30%!)

I focus on one craft right now, but they are all custom order items. I have made 2 samples that will be in her store. I need to make a flyer to go along with the samples so people understand what I am selling.

When you are looking to buy a custom product, what questions come to mind? These are things I feel like should be on my flyer.

So, far, I have what my product is, basic cost, and my contact info. I also have on there that I want 50% up front and 50% upon completion. And, I have already printed some business cards.

Am I missing anything?

Thoughts from anyone would be very much appreciated!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Circlesofstone
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008 06:09:38 AM »

You don't mention what your product is, so I don't know how you allow people to customize it. Is it color, size, style, do you put names on it? Those are some of the questions I would have if I was buying a customized product and would expect to see answered in your flyer. I hope that helps a little.

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2blu
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008 07:08:28 AM »

Jut like circlesofstone, I need to know what the product is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

HELPPPP I'm addicted to wists!!!!! www.wists.com/mom2blu
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008 07:34:59 AM »

My first though was...pockets...but I don't know what you make, so if it's earrings, that wouldn't make any sense.

But as far as other basic customization questions:

How long will it take to get my product?
What if I'm not happy with the quality?
Do you give a discount if I want more than one?
Do you have a referral program (refer a friend...get cash towards next product?)
Do you take credit cards?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008 07:55:21 AM »

All the responses I have recieved so far are great - thanks!

BTW, I am making and trying to sell custom cloth books - mainly they are for kids. I do name books, for instance take the name Emily. E is for elephant, M is for monkey, I is for ice cream, etc. But, I can also do other things like small, personalized stories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mom2blu
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008 09:40:34 AM »

Well then in that case here are the exact questions I would want answered:

Do I pay by the letter? Or a flat fee?
Do I get to choose the fabrics? colors? type of fabric? (ie all plain cotton or various textures)
If so how many choices do I get? Will I see fabric samples in the brochure or ask for "blue" and get any fabric you happen to have?
Will I be able to choose each item color seperately? For example I want the letter "b" page to be blue with a red letter.
Can I pick a theme? (Ie can I pick a theme of fabrics, or even uses for the letters like every letteri is car related?)
Can I chose various book sizes? I may want a small one for the diaper bag and a big one for the house.
How long until I receive the product?
Can I say what I want each letter to stand for?
Do certain choices cost more? (ie more for texture fabric, or more to choose what each letter stands for)
Do I get to choose what type of binding/edging? Or is it all one style?
Discounts on multiple items?

I order a lot of custom stuff, so maybe I look for more options then most.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

toos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008 11:19:03 AM »

All very good questions momtoblu!
Thank you for asking them all....now I am thinking I need to limit their options - otherwise it will take me forever just to take their order! lol

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mom2blu
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008 03:02:38 PM »

here are some thoughts that occured to me on the idea of limiting options:

If you have lots of options, tons of customizing people will pay for the options. The more customized something is the more it seems to cost. You could always do a form as a brochure and have it be like:

Price is $10 per letter. Please spell out the name, and pick color choices.
First letter: ______   Blue  Pink  Red  Yellow  Brown  Purple Green
Would you like this letter to stand for a particular word? _____________
Second Letter....

And So forth. So the brochure both shows items AND works as an order form. The person could then return the brochure to the consignment store to "place the order" or call you. If they call you you just have a copy of the same form and circle each thing as you go along.

If you do limited options you can kinda premake things. For example have pages of each letter premade, then you just have to sew everything together. So if you have craft time, but no orders you can still have stuff to work on.

I think each one kinda has pluses and minuses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008 06:20:59 AM »

Mom2blu,

Thank you so much for this idea! This  is great. I was thinking that I needed to come up with an order form anyway - and this sounds perfect!

I love how everyone helps each other out here on Craftster - what a great place!!

I will have to post updates as things move along. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sell Digital Scrapbooking Products
How to Save Money on Your Scrapbooking
How to Label and Identify Scrapbooking Albums
How to Get Started Scrapbooking
How to Create Background Paper for Digital Scrapbooking
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...