A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery June 2008  (Read 5220 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008 01:06:50 AM »

Yay!  Cheesy I'm so happy you had pictures of all of your goodies.

It was such a great swap and I had a lot of fun sending and receiving! I love all my goodies and will be playing with my new fabrics and buttons soon.

I'm so happy yours arrived in one piece.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008 08:09:44 PM »

weeping_cloud made this amazing Sufjan Stevens (the guy in my profile picture) doll for me!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008 08:10:40 PM by haroldlovesmaude » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
MollyMillions
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008 05:47:29 AM »

Awww, Sufjan's little banjo!! So cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RougeRaven
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008 08:05:54 PM »

And this is the lovely reusable swiffer cover haroldlovesmaude  made me. I *love* these color so much.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008 08:07:03 PM by weeping_cloud - Reason: Darn html » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008 10:44:23 AM »

I still plan on making me one of those swiffer covers.  I seen a post on her that a lady made them.  I love them things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008 06:45:21 PM »

AMAZING SWAP with DEMEKAH!

This was my first completed personal swap here at craftster.  And i didn't do too well with my side of the bargain.  Although she is a design professional and i am not, i was sure i was going to be able to spoil Demekah, because we were doing a mostly thriftshop swap with one medium craft... and i found some pretty cool stuff.  Also, when i went to mail it to HOLLAND and saw how much that costs, i was like holy crap! for SURE i am spoiling her.

BUT NO.  Because wait until you see the absolute amazingness that she sent me!  and so efficiently, too!  i find it so clever that her package was relatively light and yet each item was perfect.  MAJOR swap anxiety.

OK i will start with my favorite made thing:

the kind of bag i have coveted all over craftster and dreamed of learning to sew so that i could make one like it.  also finding such a cool fabric... PERFECT BAG!! and the matching little bag, too.

I have to mention that because i am a language nut, my only request was the things that might have Dutch or other non-english words on them.  so she sent me loads of great things to practice my Nederlands.

Note the origami box (which suffered a little in transit, but was able to be recovered) even has some words in it from the book it was recycled out of!
The tile says "it's better to live rich(ly) than to die rich!" -- very nice idea.
There is another tile with a lovely green peacock on it (when i was a kid, my parents' small hippie farm had peacocks!)
There is an iridescent green and purple jewellery set with a bonus other pearly earrings!  (i love iridescent and i love green with purple)

Then there is a great recycled notebook with a couple and a cat on the cover.  That could just be me and my husband and our cat!  I learned that cat is MIES.

Inside is the neatest thing, this should really tie for favorite made thing:

it is full up with quotes from famous Dutch writers and poets.  a collection she made!
and the other pages are recycled from children's books, so it's a perfect reading practice for when the poets get too difficult for my level of Dutch. 
This particular quote says something like that "most people hold their paranoia as truth" -- i think it's a good quote for our times.

LEKKER LEKKER LEKKER  Grin

Here are the tasty things!
Licorice (WAY better than american kind) and what i would call obleas in spanish but not sure what they are in english, it's like thin wafers with a nice nice sauce in the middle.  you can eat them with coffee.  i did demolish a couple of these already.
And they came in the nice Dutch culture tins, with Dutch colors + hearts wrapping!
And a ceramic vase (this is good, cos we are always decorating the house because we finally have our own house and so it's fun to decorate).

I love these funny vintage towels.  Some i actually use in the kitchen, but not these, they are too nice!

i LOVE loud colors, and the account of Noah is always good because it reminds us to have hope.

i EXTRA LOVE cats.
Just because.

And lastly, continuing the Mies theme, here is my favorite side of my favorite tin, which is printed in children's phonetic word cards, that can help me practice my vocabulary!

I highly recommend Demekah for personal swaps. 
She went above and beyond and really matched everything perfectly to the things i love.
I only hope the craft that i made is even semi-worthy.
Demekah, tausend dankjewel, het is alle zo leuk en mooie....
THANK YOU
and i feel like i didn't get to know you as well as i should have during this swap, and i hope we could get to know each other better afterwards.  that is, if you are not so disappointed with my package.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008 08:14:31 AM »

quilted and I did a personal swap a few weeks ago. I wanted some of the delicious vintage watch parts that she recently added to her crafting stash, so I offered to make some scrabble nameplates for her and her husband. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures of those before sending them off to their new home, but luckily I have pictures of all the goodies quilted sent to me! Grin

First up, the vintage watch parts. Wow, just wow. These are soooo cool and I can't wait to turn them into some pendants and altered art pieces. I love how they all have their guts still intact, I haven't had the opportunity to work with these pieces like that before and I'm looking forward to altering them myself.

And as a surprise, she included these "interesting" vintage earrings, in the hopes I could take the pieces apart and reuse them with a little more, shall we say, style. Definitely, quilted, definitely. Grin

And as an extra-special-surprise-bonus, she had an etsy seller send me these beagle magnets. How frickin' adorable are they?!? They are exactly like something on my wists and I love 'em to death. They are now at my office next to my desk, so I can look at them and smile every day. Wink

Thank you so, so much, quilted, you certainly spoiled me! Hope you enjoy your scrabble goodies as much as I enjoy all my goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008 10:48:39 PM »

nofury and i had the most awesome personal swap !!!

it was fantastic !

but............. my camera isnt working, so we're going to post what we sent !!

heres what i sent ~

all packaged and ready to go !

inside ------------

project bags

napkins with fabric ribbon borders

and the biggest item ! an embroidered project bag -

she said she loved green and elephants !

i also made the leaf fabrics drawstring bags to put everything in and the box from a placemat !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
bombay
india

i love 'my country doesnt have that' swaps !!!

im a BIG fan of personal swaps ! :-)
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008 11:13:04 PM »

That elephant is SO cool. That looks like it took FOREVER.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
RifleEyes
Newb =\

Hello!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008 11:44:48 PM »

Oh my god, that elephant. How do you even have the patience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"The Romanov Conspiracy" Book Trailer
Author Steven on His Book A Man and His Ship
Ursula Le Guin on the Map of Earthsea
Ursula Le Guin Discusses Lord of the Rings
Ursula Le Guin on Writing for Teens
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...