A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery June 2008  (Read 5519 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008 04:09:16 PM »

Smiley  Cheesy  Grin This swap gallery is intended as a way to recognize all the wonderful personal swaps that are done in this community!   Grin  Cheesy  Smiley

Personal swaps are not encouraged or supported by Craftster.  This is only a thread to post pictures from your personal experiences.  Personal swaps are not and cannot be tracked in Swap Feedback on profiles and should not be linked to Craftster's Organized Swaps in any way.

Folks who have participated in a personal swap and wish to share pictures of the items they have sent and received may do so by posting in this gallery.

Please note that this gallery is meant for those who have had a good experience with their personal swaps!  This is not the place to air your grievances about being "flaked" on...please keep it positive and give love to those awesome personal swappers! Wink

Each month a new gallery will be started.  If you have received from a personal/private swap, within the month, feel free to post pictures here!   Grin

Or browse previous galleries...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug

Happy Howl-idays

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008 12:05:55 PM »

Eeep!  am i really the first one to post here?  Okay, well here goes.  I did a personal swap with xphronvistle.  She sent me a whole bunch of goodies!  But since this is a craft website, ive just postied pictures of the items that she crafted for me.  (but trust me she sent me alot of goodies and some crochet books too!!!)  I really look forward to swapping with her again.  Thanks so much xphronvistle!!!  I had alot of fun with our personal swap.  You are a super swapper!!!! Grin Grin Grin 

Edit:  Eeep!  I was so excited I forgot a few items!    Heres the rest of my crafted goodies! 

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008 08:39:51 AM by missmoppet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Are you good at painting?  I would love some hand painted paintings of Pugs.  PM me and lets talk about a swap!  Smiley

~If someone tells you that your putting too much peanut butter on your bread, stop talking to them.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
rossana9041
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008 09:08:15 AM »

I did a personal swap with missmoppet and she sent me the most beautiful pendants and bookmark.  I requested a seaside theme, she made these for me!  My daughter swiped the one with the green beads already, so i will be tying some hemp onto the larger one for myself.  LOVE IT!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftycooky
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008 09:42:01 AM »

cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/chewymuffin

I've Heard of personal swaps. I wanna try one,
make my wish come true?
;]
littlefawnpug

Happy Howl-idays

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008 04:08:31 PM »

I did a personal swap with rossana9041 she sent me a bunch of stickers which technically isnt something she crafted, but Ive been using them to make bookmarks and with resin for pendants & such, so to me they are craft supplies. And since she posted things i made her i wanted everyone to know she did good on her end of our personal swap.  Grin  Theres more stickers then the ones that shows.  I just stacked them on top of eachother.  Thanks rossana9041!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Are you good at painting?  I would love some hand painted paintings of Pugs.  PM me and lets talk about a swap!  Smiley

~If someone tells you that your putting too much peanut butter on your bread, stop talking to them.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
kaymadben
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008 08:57:20 PM »

I did a personal swap with gkswife. She sent her awesome kids yoda outfit she had made for her son last year. I have been dying to have it and finally got up the courage to ask if she wanted to swap. YEAH!!! I LOVE IT!!
 So I know they aren't the best pics of the outfit but I had 3 kids all wanting to put it on.

Here's my son looking down at his yoda shoes. He loves the outfit.

Here's a pic of her kiddo in it.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205576.msg2194810#msg2194810

My husband is a huge star wars fan so this will be great for Halloween. Now need to find a ewok costume for my daughter. Or else I could dress her up as Cindel. She loves the Ewok Adventure movies. Thank you so much gkswife. She also sent some cute souveniour things of New Mexico. Totally awesome swap. I'm sending your things soon! THANKS!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008 06:11:13 AM »

yay! I'm so glad you like it! My husband pointed out that the belt is still here so you will be seeing it in a few more days yet.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaymadben
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008 06:13:24 AM »

okay that's cool. You dont still have that M&M fabric huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xphronvistle

i wanna personal swap with you! :P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008 02:17:39 PM »

a little late posting this *my camera went awol*

here are the goodies I got from missmoppet! she made me a really cool octopus hrinky dink necklace but thats in my car right now! LOL

so here is what she made me
a kuromi *i heart kuromi* large shrinky dink zipper pull and matching makeup case
a set of shrink dink bride of Frankenstein portrait earrings *I drool over these daily, i wuvs rockabilly stuffs*
pirate key chain
and of course a crocheted happy poo!
(dont mind my other junk in the back ground)

she is a great partner, I can't tell you how much I love these items. This was my first swap ever on here and I look forward to doing more personal and organized swaps!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Pirates since 1994
munk_munk
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008 01:03:23 PM »

Private Swaps are awesome Smiley

Here is what I've got today from my fabulous partner seaofstars:

The robot pouch was the "original" swap item Wink The whole other stuff are extras haha

Pure applique awesomeness ... I love grey + vibrant colours, the purse has a pocket inside and closes with a magnetic snap!

Oh my ... I can't wait to use those!

Well, no bikini this year Smiley I begged for Reese's stuff and Poptarts and see what I've got ...mhhh see the chapstick???  Grin Do you know this "Can't beat 3 Feet"-Candy? I expected to find feet inside ... hehe ... had a glorious Einstein moment Wink

I LOVE EVERYTHING! I forgot to make photos of my new stationary ... I'm a glad girl! Thank you seaofstars Smiley

Sooo now I'll show you what I've sent ...

One of my Sepp-Bags Smiley I've added a zippered pocket to my "original" pattern.

The wooden beads are covered with strips of a Austrian newspaper and sealed with modpodge.
Then I've sent some cute (in my opinion) buttons and little polymerclay pendants.

She has asked me for some ingredients for traditional Austrian food and coffee.

I really enjoyed this swap  Grin and wanted to share my great experience with all of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008 01:06:50 AM »

Yay!  Cheesy I'm so happy you had pictures of all of your goodies.

It was such a great swap and I had a lot of fun sending and receiving! I love all my goodies and will be playing with my new fabrics and buttons soon.

I'm so happy yours arrived in one piece.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008 08:09:44 PM »

weeping_cloud made this amazing Sufjan Stevens (the guy in my profile picture) doll for me!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008 08:10:40 PM by haroldlovesmaude » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
MollyMillions
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008 05:47:29 AM »

Awww, Sufjan's little banjo!! So cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RougeRaven
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008 08:05:54 PM »

And this is the lovely reusable swiffer cover haroldlovesmaude  made me. I *love* these color so much.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008 08:07:03 PM by weeping_cloud - Reason: Darn html » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
littlefawnpug

Happy Howl-idays

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008 10:44:23 AM »

I still plan on making me one of those swiffer covers.  I seen a post on her that a lady made them.  I love them things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008 06:45:21 PM »

AMAZING SWAP with DEMEKAH!

This was my first completed personal swap here at craftster.  And i didn't do too well with my side of the bargain.  Although she is a design professional and i am not, i was sure i was going to be able to spoil Demekah, because we were doing a mostly thriftshop swap with one medium craft... and i found some pretty cool stuff.  Also, when i went to mail it to HOLLAND and saw how much that costs, i was like holy crap! for SURE i am spoiling her.

BUT NO.  Because wait until you see the absolute amazingness that she sent me!  and so efficiently, too!  i find it so clever that her package was relatively light and yet each item was perfect.  MAJOR swap anxiety.

OK i will start with my favorite made thing:

the kind of bag i have coveted all over craftster and dreamed of learning to sew so that i could make one like it.  also finding such a cool fabric... PERFECT BAG!! and the matching little bag, too.

I have to mention that because i am a language nut, my only request was the things that might have Dutch or other non-english words on them.  so she sent me loads of great things to practice my Nederlands.

Note the origami box (which suffered a little in transit, but was able to be recovered) even has some words in it from the book it was recycled out of!
The tile says "it's better to live rich(ly) than to die rich!" -- very nice idea.
There is another tile with a lovely green peacock on it (when i was a kid, my parents' small hippie farm had peacocks!)
There is an iridescent green and purple jewellery set with a bonus other pearly earrings!  (i love iridescent and i love green with purple)

Then there is a great recycled notebook with a couple and a cat on the cover.  That could just be me and my husband and our cat!  I learned that cat is MIES.

Inside is the neatest thing, this should really tie for favorite made thing:

it is full up with quotes from famous Dutch writers and poets.  a collection she made!
and the other pages are recycled from children's books, so it's a perfect reading practice for when the poets get too difficult for my level of Dutch. 
This particular quote says something like that "most people hold their paranoia as truth" -- i think it's a good quote for our times.

LEKKER LEKKER LEKKER  Grin

Here are the tasty things!
Licorice (WAY better than american kind) and what i would call obleas in spanish but not sure what they are in english, it's like thin wafers with a nice nice sauce in the middle.  you can eat them with coffee.  i did demolish a couple of these already.
And they came in the nice Dutch culture tins, with Dutch colors + hearts wrapping!
And a ceramic vase (this is good, cos we are always decorating the house because we finally have our own house and so it's fun to decorate).

I love these funny vintage towels.  Some i actually use in the kitchen, but not these, they are too nice!

i LOVE loud colors, and the account of Noah is always good because it reminds us to have hope.

i EXTRA LOVE cats.
Just because.

And lastly, continuing the Mies theme, here is my favorite side of my favorite tin, which is printed in children's phonetic word cards, that can help me practice my vocabulary!

I highly recommend Demekah for personal swaps. 
She went above and beyond and really matched everything perfectly to the things i love.
I only hope the craft that i made is even semi-worthy.
Demekah, tausend dankjewel, het is alle zo leuk en mooie....
THANK YOU
and i feel like i didn't get to know you as well as i should have during this swap, and i hope we could get to know each other better afterwards.  that is, if you are not so disappointed with my package.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008 08:14:31 AM »

quilted and I did a personal swap a few weeks ago. I wanted some of the delicious vintage watch parts that she recently added to her crafting stash, so I offered to make some scrabble nameplates for her and her husband. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures of those before sending them off to their new home, but luckily I have pictures of all the goodies quilted sent to me! Grin

First up, the vintage watch parts. Wow, just wow. These are soooo cool and I can't wait to turn them into some pendants and altered art pieces. I love how they all have their guts still intact, I haven't had the opportunity to work with these pieces like that before and I'm looking forward to altering them myself.

And as a surprise, she included these "interesting" vintage earrings, in the hopes I could take the pieces apart and reuse them with a little more, shall we say, style. Definitely, quilted, definitely. Grin

And as an extra-special-surprise-bonus, she had an etsy seller send me these beagle magnets. How frickin' adorable are they?!? They are exactly like something on my wists and I love 'em to death. They are now at my office next to my desk, so I can look at them and smile every day. Wink

Thank you so, so much, quilted, you certainly spoiled me! Hope you enjoy your scrabble goodies as much as I enjoy all my goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008 10:48:39 PM »

nofury and i had the most awesome personal swap !!!

it was fantastic !

but............. my camera isnt working, so we're going to post what we sent !!

heres what i sent ~

all packaged and ready to go !

inside ------------

project bags

napkins with fabric ribbon borders

and the biggest item ! an embroidered project bag -

she said she loved green and elephants !

i also made the leaf fabrics drawstring bags to put everything in and the box from a placemat !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
bombay
india

i love 'my country doesnt have that' swaps !!!

im a BIG fan of personal swaps ! :-)
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008 11:13:04 PM »

That elephant is SO cool. That looks like it took FOREVER.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
RifleEyes
Newb =\

Hello!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008 11:44:48 PM »

Oh my god, that elephant. How do you even have the patience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008 09:33:27 AM »

Beautiful!  Grin I love the elephant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008 11:12:18 AM »

haroldlovesmaude ~ it did take pretty long.... but im guessing it was worth it ! i think nofury really liked it .... Smiley

RifleEyes ~ the idea just sprang up , and then i was too excited to see it finished !

Samsara ~ thank you !  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
bombay
india

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008 06:57:12 PM »

demekah, everything you sent is wonderful!  i love the kitschy towels and the recycled notebook.

urvi, that elephant is blowing my mind! love it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ritapizza
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008 02:37:08 PM »

urvi, your napkins with fabric ribbon borders are so pretty! How did you make those! And of course your embroidered elephant is gorgeous! Love all the stitches and colors you used!!! *love*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008 03:03:41 PM »

I got a fabulous bag from kaymadben with a matching zipper pouch I just realized I forgot to get a picture of - d'oh! This bag is so well made I am very impressed! It will be holding my embroidery projects and probably make several trips to the library also! She also threw in a stuffed Mater from Cars for my 2.5 year old and he is totally in love with it - he keeps going around saying Tuh-mater without the Tuh! Then she also included this gorgeous Noah's Ark book with absolutely fabulous art! Thanks so much!!

hmm it looks like my dog has claimed the bag for her own and is napping on it - lucky for her I'm a sharing kind of gal...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008 08:52:00 PM »

catpants ~ thank you !  Smiley

ritapizza ~ thank you too ! i made the napkins first and then stiched on the strips of the printed fabrics..... it was pretty easy, just the fabric ribbons part takes up some time....

me=happy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
bombay
india

kaymadben
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008 06:51:16 AM »

I'm so glad you liked everything gkswife. It was only my 2nd bag I've ever made so I wouldn't say fabulous yet. I hope you get lots of good use out of it. And glad your little man loves Mater.

Urvi - That package you sent is definitely on the fabulous side. WOW!! Love those napkins. You definitely spoiled your partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fairybug22

buttercream can fix anything!

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008 11:51:50 AM »

So, Kayhook had created and posted her awesome bee hat about a month ago.  In her post, it said she would like to do a personal swap for an apron.  I saw this and decided to PM her right away-I can make an apron, and my sister loves Blind Melon-No Rain, and of course the bee girl in the video.  So, this fabulous hat will be put away for her for next time I need a gift for her.  And Kayhook added a cute little bee pin cushion (how did she know I stick pins in an old lid Smiley).
Anyways, here is my youngest modeling the hat and holding the little bee-I had to bribe him with a Hershey kiss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cabin Fever
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008 12:56:25 PM »

I was in the April showers brings May flowers swap and it didn't seem like my partner was going to send, so a call for a swap angel went out. Thanate answered the call and started crafting when I received from my partner. So, we turned it into a personal swap since Thanate was almost complete with my package.  I crocheted a tank top for her from a pattern she picked and sent a couple of arrowheads that my husband had made. Here is the great package I received today from her:

A picture of everything, she stuck to the flower theme really well!  A picture frame, earrings, stitch markers (that I want to wear for earrings), a floating lily for the bath, and some awesome crochet hooks:

She put a lot of work into these, they are too pretty to use! But they are so lite I am going to have to try them out soon!

Thanks Thanate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Happy Howl-idays

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008 02:25:12 PM »

Those crochet hooks are so pretty!  What are they made out of?  Clay?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cabin Fever
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008 05:05:49 PM »

This is what I know: model magic" stuff-- it's like playing with air dry silly putty, and weighs practically nothing at all when you're done.)

Thanate should be able to answer this better then I.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008 07:17:00 PM »

So, Kayhook had created and posted her awesome bee hat about a month ago.  In her post, it said she would like to do a personal swap for an apron.  I saw this and decided to PM her right away-I can make an apron, and my sister loves Blind Melon-No Rain, and of course the bee girl in the video.  So, this fabulous hat will be put away for her for next time I need a gift for her.  And Kayhook added a cute little bee pin cushion (how did she know I stick pins in an old lid Smiley).
Anyways, here is my youngest modeling the hat and holding the little bee-I had to bribe him with a Hershey kiss.
Awesome pic!!  The lovely Kayhook and I swapped as well...she made 2 hats for me so that my sis and my DD could be bee twins.  I'll post a pic of them the next time she visits!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2008 04:37:31 AM »

July's gallery is up!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254649.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008 11:17:06 AM »

Amyracinrose and I did a personal swap last month and I just realized I hadn't posted pics yet! I'm a bad girl! Undecided I really, really, super duper love every single thing she sent me! I've been so jealous of every one of her swap partners so I'm delighted to say that I am now the proud owner of some awesome Amyracinrose goodies! Here's the loot:

First up we've got my favorite thing of all, the owl bag:

Next we've got a fabric collage! Yay! I love her frames and the little extra touches she puts on:

A wire basket that she painted blue (I've had one of these wisted for days and days so I'm really excited about finally getting one!):

Some reusable dryer sheets - she also sent a bottle of the stuff you spray on them:

And last but not least, magnets:

Thank you SO much Amy!! I really do love every single thing! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

puglyugly
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008 12:53:27 PM »

Amyracinrose and I did a personal swap last month and I just realized I hadn't posted pics yet! I'm a bad girl! Undecided I really, really, super duper love every single thing she sent me! I've been so jealous of every one of her swap partners so I'm delighted to say that I am now the proud owner of some awesome Amyracinrose goodies! Here's the loot:

First up we've got my favorite thing of all, the owl bag:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Bag62.JPG[/img]

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Owl19.JPG[/img]

Next we've got a fabric collage! Yay! I love her frames and the little extra touches she puts on:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Frame8.JPG[/img]

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Jellyfish3.JPG[/img]

A wire basket that she painted blue (I've had one of these wisted for days and days so I'm really excited about finally getting one!):

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/WireBasket.JPG[/img]

Some reusable dryer sheets - she also sent a bottle of the stuff you spray on them:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/DryerSheets.JPG[/img]

And last but not least, magnets:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/AmyMagnets.JPG[/img]

Thank you SO much Amy!! I really do love every single thing! Smiley

I"m interested in the reusable dryer sheets. Thats a brilliant idea. Is there a website with the recipe?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008 01:09:57 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Please don't quote images. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Half Rainbow Borders
How to Crochet Leaves Part 1/6
How to Crochet Leaves Part 2/6
How to Crochet for Beginners
How to Crochet Leaves Part 3/6
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...