A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 103
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Mini Me Swap! sign ups 1st - 14th June, send outs 7th July CLOSED!  (Read 40137 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Imagine
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008 07:12:56 AM »

Ok, well, I guess it's just me. Too many past tenses in the same sentence for me!  Wink English isn't my first language (but I have been speaking it for a long time) so sometimes things sound weird to me that sound perfectly normal to a native speaker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008 07:30:20 AM »

/Runs off to look at Imagine's profile
Oh, you're in Canada!!!  So you speak French?  Well, I'd have never guessed that English isn't your first, you always sound good to me!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Imagine
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008 07:43:11 AM »

Thanks!  Smiley I lived two years in Texas and the faculty at my high school didn't know I was ESL (English as second language) until they looked at my file.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jpoparock
Psychotic Crafting Bunny

I am the zombie queen.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008 08:10:08 AM »

Oooh! I'm trying to learn French flurently enough to consider it a second language. I have my GCSE in it, but its been 4 years since I spoke it with purpose. Though I can only remember my alphabet if I say it in french... Is that weird?

And Imagine, it sounded weird to me too. "it had been belonged to me"  doesn't ring right in my head either. It would be better to say something like "It had belonged to me" or "it had been mine" but it doesn't seem right to have them in a sentance together... Of course I could be wrong! I'm just odd like that.

I think I may have to make mum get me twighlight. I did consider getting it the other week but money is tight and I can't justify spenging 8 on it... (about $16) and even when I checked amazon it seemed too much... of course I'm also used to getting my books at the cheap bookshop, and thats now closed...

I have a tan! (Its random, but I hardly ever get a tan. I've been tanned 4 times in my entire life, including this one)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm making a blanket for my uni room as it gets so cold! If you can make/spare any 5X5 inch squares of crochet, I'd happily swap you for something! Please PM me!
CrAfTer21
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008 08:19:33 AM »

I applied!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A dream is a wists your heart makes
http://www.wists.com/crafter21
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008 08:20:12 AM »

oh wait, you know I don't think I read it right the first time and that DOES sound incorrect.  Guess editing missed that one  Wink  I just read a Maggie Shayne book a few weeks back and talk about bad editing!!!!  All throughout things just didn't make since, like a word would be missing entirely or they'd say "she" instead of "he".  Bad stuff, still was a good book though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Imagine
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008 09:44:20 AM »

I read the Mists of Avalon in French and they kept calling Morgan "Morgause" and Morgause "Morgan". It's already confusing as it is, but with the mistakes, oh dear....

Jpop what's a GCSE? And I don't think it's weird to just remember the alphabet, even after years of study, especially if you don't practice a lot. I took three years of Japanese while I was doing my bachelor, and I can't remember the basic characters (hiragana and katakana). And they're like the first thing you learn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ren
Ren

controls bunnies writing literary works of genious

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008 10:02:38 AM »

I agree, that quote didn't sound right. I was going to phrase it the exact way jpoparock has rephrased it, "It had belonged to me" is the tense, I believe.

Oh, and don't tell me the sun's out in Swansea? I think I could cry right now. It was rubbish weather when we went home (it was peeing down with rain on the day we left). Typical British weather. Damn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008 10:20:53 AM »

Welp, I'm in...can't miss a swap with the whole gang!! (And welcome new comers!!)

And yes - Imagine, that phrase was dreadful.
I just borrowed Twilight from a friend but am reading "Bitten" first. I think I made the right choice. Tongue (hehe)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
jpoparock
Psychotic Crafting Bunny

I am the zombie queen.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008 10:37:20 AM »

Umm a GCSE is a standardised exam we uk-people get at the end of school (if we pass) that says we have basic knowledgey stuff in that subject. Though for the french one, you basically can go to franch, go shopping and ask for the doctors because your teeth hurt... (my oral we "Hello? Is this the doctors? I have a problem. My teeth hurt." Seriously, who calls a doc when teeth problems go to a dentist? Or am I alone in that?)

Ren - its been sweltering today. I'm lounging around in mini-shorts and a bikini top. Sorry its not nice there Sad My mum said it was wet back home today as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm making a blanket for my uni room as it gets so cold! If you can make/spare any 5X5 inch squares of crochet, I'd happily swap you for something! Please PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 103 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Alternative Star Trail
How to Effectively Use a Shutter Speed
How to Understand a HDR Image Part 1/2
How to Understand a HDR Image Part 2/2
How to High Light Features Through Lighting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...