A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First post on craftster OMG so excited... Flowers :D  (Read 792 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CrazyR
Rene

www.fancy-antlers.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2008 08:10:58 AM »

I have been lurking around here, for SOOOOOO long, and you guys are all so creative! I actually felt pressured to make a GREAT SUPER AMAZING first post, but I was like: what the heck!
I just wanted to show you this 'thing' (not sure how you call it, but we call it a collage Cheesy) made of like a thousand magazines, glue and scissors.
I made it for a friend from my my mother, who's addicted to alcohol. It's such a sad story, because she is really heavily addicted to alcohol, but she denies it all the time, and doesn't want to go to rehab AT ALL... She kept her job, because her boss and colleagues thought is was her only distraction form the alcohol. She had to be fired as she turned yellow because of the alcohol, and she couldn't go round working in a hospital looking all yellow and stuff... And she keeps on loosing friends my mom told me.
When I was little, I used to make a lot of drawings for her, she has two of them hanging in her toilet. So I thought I'd chear her up, and make something different as a drawing, to show her how everybody should live their lives, including her!
I made it a while back, but my mother wanted me to be there to when she gave it to her. But we were very busy, etc. etc.
But not long ago, she had to be taken up in hospital, because things were starting to look serious. So my mom told me that she wanted to give it now... before it's too late  Cry
So my mom gave it to her, and she thought it was so sweet... My mom made some copies before she gave it too, because she liked it so much.
It's a scan of a copy, so you can't see it that well, but it sparkles in some places. And the blue part is stuck on very messy, as I finished the flowery part (which also includes an undie with flower pattern  Grin) and then though it might be nice to use some blue at the top, or it would be like to much patterns and stuff...
Whatever, here it is:

Please correct my English if it's wrong, originally, I'm from Holland  Smiley

Phew.. long post for small thingy  Tongue

Well see you lataaaaaa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Music sweet music
I wish I could caress
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008 08:50:12 AM »

Beautiful picture, so sweet of you to take the time to try to help someone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
Catherine_lalala
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008 08:52:13 AM »

Welcome to Craftster!  Grin

I love this, it's so pretty, you did a really neat job, I've never been so good at collages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am Jupiter! NOMNOMNOMNOM!"

x/x/x

http://www.wists.com/catherine_lalala Wist!
melissanorth
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008 09:26:45 AM »

It's beautiful! I like the flip-flop!

have a friend who used to be addicted to alcohol.  She went to rehab several times, and hospital (also for depression) but kept going back to drinking.  Last time, she went to rehab for 3 months- she didn't think it was long enough really- and had a relapse after she left.  As far as I know, she's not drinking at the moment, but that doesn't mean the battle is over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrazyR
Rene

www.fancy-antlers.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008 11:08:36 AM »

That's horrible! I hope she'll be OK. I'm sure you'll support her as much as you can!

Thnx for the comments!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Music sweet music
I wish I could caress
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Runway Braided Hair Looks
Hair Styling Tips with Celebrity Hair Stylist Harry Josh
How To Get Hollywood Hair Styles
How to Find the Right Hairstylist
How Mayonnaise Can Help Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...