A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Creepy Cute Crochet-along  (Read 28246 times)
Tags for this thread: amigurumi  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kcfirecracker
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2008 11:44:06 PM »

Seriously deadgirl - I think the eyes make it. Bullet holes? So good. From this side of the internet it looks like they could drop out of his head at any minute. CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Are you taking orders, or are you taking over?" -The Clash
AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2008 03:51:44 AM »

I'm now having thoughts of making a matching vampire bunny. There were books that I read about a vampire bunny when I was a kid that I really liked...

Bunnicula!! That would be soooo cute. I'll have to give DeadGirl a little nudge on making a Bunnicula since she read and loved all the books when she was little. (I'm her Mom) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeadGirl
I am the lemon zester of destruction!

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2008 05:41:34 AM »

Wow, thanks for all of the nice comments!  Cheesy

And amber555, I actually was thinking about making a Bunnicula doll while I was making this guy, so it'd be really cute if you made one too! I loved that book series when I was younger  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amber555
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2008 05:29:11 PM »

Bunnicula!! That would be soooo cute. I'll have to give DeadGirl a little nudge on making a Bunnicula since she read and loved all the books when she was little. (I'm her Mom) Smiley

Yes, Bunnicula. That's it! Those were great books!

On a related note I made set of bookmarks using the Creepy Cute Cross stitch patterns Haden has on her blog. I posted them in the needlework forum since they're cross stitch rather than putting them on this thread. You can see them here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=256792.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
katiekutthroat
one sassy southern crafter.. not for the easily offended

Thin line between adorable and appalling!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2008 08:34:54 PM »

i want a nibbler! i love some futurama! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amber555
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2008 01:33:58 PM »

katiekutthroat, the pattern for Nibbler is on my blog. Check down the lefthand side where I have my patterns listed. He's pretty big, but not that hard to make.

And in other news, may I present my Vampire Bunny!

The instructions for the ears and the cape are available here (http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/2008/07/no-vegetable-is-safefrom-bunnicula.html) on my blog, in case anyone else wants to add capes to their Creepy Cute crochet people.

I found the original Bunnicula book in the library on Monday and signed it out. I've been so happy to discover it's just as good as I remembered it to be.  Cheesy

I think I'm finally getting the hang of how to make the head and body the way Haden instructs in the book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started my own crochet blog, have a look...http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
DeadGirl
I am the lemon zester of destruction!

« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2008 02:23:42 PM »

amber555, I love your Vampire Bunny! He's very very cute. I better get some yarn out and get started on my Bunnicula! And I think I'll borrow your cape pattern from your blog (thanks for mentioning me!  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seawood
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2008 11:30:24 AM »

OH, he is brilliant! Love it, I may well have a go at that one. I don't recall Bunnicula at all, maybe he never made it over this side of the pond, but perhaps I'll have a think about a Duckula...much the same idea, I guess. Grin

I almost forgot, here's my latest - it uses the basic head and body, plus the Day Of The Dead Guy's hat. My 2.5yo daughter decided THIS was the very thing for her Auntie's 27th birthday a couple of weeks ago.

I have no idea how she came up with it, but it's all exactly to her specs. I just did what I was told and Reggie the Spider was born. Full story here  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Caroline
Ainadaliel
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2008 11:16:20 PM »

I made a bride and groom for my wedding invitations. NO, I WILL NOT BE MAKING ONE FOR EVERY INVITE LOL!!!  Grin My fiancee will take a nice photo of this and that'll be part of the invite. Smiley

X's...what my groom is wearing a traditional Filipino formal top, called a "barong tagalog." Smiley
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008 11:17:36 PM by Ainadaliel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

matuta

separated and now back again

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2008 11:49:39 PM »

can I suggest something Ainadaliel??? I think that would be so cute for an invitation and I could totally see the bride and groom in different settings outside ... like in the grass with flowers behind or an arch around them with a pretty vine ... or on a rock beside some running water ... in the sand ... in a tree ... I think it would be interesting to see them in different locations close to where you live ... maybe even a shot of them in the church you will be married in! or if it's a nice day than a  shot of them outside the church and someone throwing rice! oh man ... now my mind is just going on and on .... hee hee.
post the pic when you get them done! I'd love to see what it looks like!

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose the Correct Swimsuit Size
How to Choose a One-Piece Swimsuit
How to Choose a Monokini
How to Choose a Micro Bikini
How to Choose a Flattering Bikini Top
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...