A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,339
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: poppet fright?  (Read 986 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2008 11:21:09 AM »

I absolutely looooove the poppets.They are sooo beutiful & unusual.Now I got the pattern from ghillie & the eleanor pattern from craftewoman.But I am absolutely scared to death to try to cut the pattern out. Cry.It literally terrifies me to try to cut it out. Shocked.I have the most incredicle fabric for a poppet but for the flife of me I can't cut it out. Sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
maezen
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008 12:25:59 AM »

Can you explain exactly what is frightening you?

Are you afraid you'll mess up?  If that's it, try using cheap fabric the first time so you know what to expect the second time and will be more comfortable.

Or is it something else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal supply swaps.  I have tons of fabric and scrapbooking supplies. I am interested in sewing notions and trim, especially any heirloom sewing supplies.  If anyone wants to trade a smocker/pleater for fabric or scrapbook stuff, I'm in! I'll also trade for things on my wist.
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008 08:40:56 PM »

I think I'm intimidated by it.The last time I did any sewing was in High School over 37 yrs ago.And that wasn't the most plesent thing either.We had a teacher who watched every stitch you made.And if she didn't think it was perfect she made us rip it out.I did a whole lota ripping during that class.So I haven't done any sewing since.She kinda soured me about sewing.So I'm waayy intimidated by this.I really want to  but I keep hearing her voice everytime I start to get everything together to get started.Any ideas. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008 03:06:19 AM »

Just do it!
LOL

No, really though, ghilie's pattern and instructions are so well made that it is an easy project to work on.  If you find yourself confused about anything, the poppet-along is a great place to ask for help.  There are no mean teachers who will make you rip out threads and nobody will come to harm if one of your feet is bigger than the other.

I had not sewn anything in over sixteen years when I made Zola.  I am now working on my 3rd poppet and loving it!

Come join the poppet-along : everybody's doing it  Wink Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nigiri Sushi and Sushi Socks Recipe
How to Make Miso Stir-Fry with Summer Vegetables
Mentaiko Spaghetti Recipe
Marinated Fresh Tuna Bowl Recipe
How to Make Kitsune Udon Noodles
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...