A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
907 Guests and 49 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 143
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Disney Rd. 8 COMPLETELY DONE  (Read 59472 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #960 on: August 01, 2008 04:41:12 PM »

I'm constantly reading the review of restaurants on Allearsnet and I've read mixed reviews about Yak and Yeti.  I'm sure we'll do what we did last time and just eat at Flametree BBQ--we really liked it. 

I have fun news--I decided on a Mickey and Minnie tattoo--I found an old deck of playing cards in my parent's basement with old-school Mickey and Minnie holding hands on the back, so next Tuesday, my husband will be putting a needle to my skin.  I'm quite excited about this one.  After that, I'll have him do a Kermit playing Banjo on my other leg.  I can't wait.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
cookimistress

I live in my head too much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #961 on: August 01, 2008 05:32:24 PM »

Rainy Day Parade today!  Yay! (lol should've seen us running out of the DS building when the music came on)

I'm dying to see that! I was busy at the AK praying that the rain would hold out 'til 4 to cancel ours, haha, but it only ended up lasting long enough to DRENCH me on my way back from lunch break over in Pride Rock. *sigh*

My mum was working at MK today, doing PAC. I'm not exactly sure where she was for the Rainy Day Parade, but maybe you saw a little blonde British lady by the name of Ros Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cookimistress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #962 on: August 01, 2008 05:54:03 PM »

I'm constantly reading the review of restaurants on Allearsnet and I've read mixed reviews about Yak and Yeti.  I'm sure we'll do what we did last time and just eat at Flametree BBQ--we really liked it. 

I have fun news--I decided on a Mickey and Minnie tattoo--I found an old deck of playing cards in my parent's basement with old-school Mickey and Minnie holding hands on the back, so next Tuesday, my husband will be putting a needle to my skin.  I'm quite excited about this one.  After that, I'll have him do a Kermit playing Banjo on my other leg.  I can't wait.

I like to eat a Pizzafari. I like their Ceasar salad, and we get discount, unlike most quick service places.

That's an awesome idea for a tattoo! I was going to get three balls of yarn making a Hidden Mickey, but after my last tattoo I think I'm done. And yes, it was my first tattoo Wink

Is your husband a full-time professional tattoo artist??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #963 on: August 01, 2008 08:18:30 PM »

i enjoyed the Yak & Yeti counter service very much! (the rice was dry, but the food was good) i also love the Flametree...

i need to start planning our trip, and scrapbooking our last one lol

i cant wait to see the tattoo, i love Disney tattoos...i am getting a new one as soon as I can. jeremy and i are getting matching ones when he gets in shape..but i want to work on my full leg sleeve ASAP (its going to be a road, with Disney destinations along it, and dates that are significant)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

« Reply #964 on: August 01, 2008 09:02:04 PM »

Yes, my husband is a full-time tattoo artist!  Smiley  I love it.  After the WDW Half in Jan, I'll be having him do Donald running on me, and then, after I get in better shape, I'll have him do a half sleeve with Disney stuff.  After my first tattoo, I didn't think I'd do it again, but I had him do one on the back of my neck, and now, I'm itching for a few more.  What the heck. 

Oh, the other day, I was looking at the WDW Career Opportunities page, and WOW the pay is very low!  I really hope that there is something that makes up for low starting pay--like maybe good raises?  I mean, almost everyone I've ever run into in one of the parks has been super nice--I'd be hard pressed to be super nice for $7.25 an hour!  Especially when it's 100 degrees and 100% humidity.  LOL  Oh, what I wanted to ask was, they refer to the "tattoo policy", but I couldn't find any information on what exactly their policy is.  Is it just that the tattoos have to be covered?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

« Reply #965 on: August 02, 2008 07:18:53 AM »

Oh, the other day, I was looking at the WDW Career Opportunities page, and WOW the pay is very low!  I really hope that there is something that makes up for low starting pay--like maybe good raises?  I mean, almost everyone I've ever run into in one of the parks has been super nice--I'd be hard pressed to be super nice for $7.25 an hour!  Especially when it's 100 degrees and 100% humidity.  LOL  Oh, what I wanted to ask was, they refer to the "tattoo policy", but I couldn't find any information on what exactly their policy is.  Is it just that the tattoos have to be covered?

I like to say I'm not paid enough to hate my job (in other words, if I didn't like the job I'd find something that pays better).  There are perks that make up for the low pay (free admission, discounts, etc)  The tattoo policy is that they can't be visible.  I know someone that works MK strollers that wears long sleeves year round because he has them all over his arms.  Others wear long pants all year for the same reason. 

i enjoyed the Yak & Yeti counter service very much! (the rice was dry, but the food was good) i also love the Flametree...
We LOVE Flametree (we had lunch there).  We didn't want to do the quick service because we were doing dinner.  Maybe next time we'll do quick service for dinner and sit down for the desserts (the desserts really are worth it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #966 on: August 02, 2008 07:44:29 AM »

yea, we have it on our do it again list, so we look forward to it (but we both love chinese food lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
cookimistress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #967 on: August 02, 2008 07:54:01 PM »

It's pretty reasonable, I think. There are other "normal" places that pay lower, because atm, the $7.30 I get is over minimum wage (barely). Other locations and jobs get paid more, also. Like the Kilimanjaro Safari drivers - they get $8.30. And Photopass is around $9.

I would say, though, that the perks more than make up for it. I mean, Disney discounts literally stretch all over the city, country, and world. When it comes down to it, I've never thought to myself "I don't get paid enough for this." Because, even when my job-mentality is at it's lowest, I know that my job is special and I wouldn't be able to find another opportunity like it... and I can just go visit MK tomorrow! lol Wink

As for the tattoos... They cannot be visible, and they cannot be covered with band-aids or what have you. If you have them in a place that cannot be covered with clothing, then you probably won't get the job. We also have a guy who has to wear a long sleeve shirt all year round, and STILL his tattoos peak out just a little under his sleeves. If you ask me, I don't see the point in subjecting yourself to that. Go find a job where full tattooed sleeves are tolerated! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissColee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

« Reply #968 on: August 03, 2008 11:21:41 AM »

Just a quick check in before craftster goes down for the night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #969 on: August 04, 2008 08:36:59 AM »

i cant believe how fast they got the site back up and running!

i basically slept through it  Undecided

i will be posting the Pop Quiz winner and the missing communications in a few, im catching up right now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 143 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sushi - Fix my Recipe
How to Select and Prepare Jackfruit - Thai Foodcast
How to Make Asian Chicken Wraps - Fix my Recipe
Chinese Condiment, Raw Sauces, Seasoning, and Recipe
Chinese Food FAQ
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...