A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,317
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anybody have harmony interchangable knitting needles  (Read 1253 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krispat

"i'M nOt PsYcO...i JuSt LiKe PsYcO tHiNgS"

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2008 05:07:07 PM »

I love using wooden or bamboo needles and would like to get an interchangeable set...i found the harmony interchangeable circular needles on knitpicks.  I was wondering if anybody has used them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kelliz
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008 07:58:08 PM »

I'm saving up some money to get those.  I have a friend who just loves hers!  I was sooooo hoping to get them for Mothers Day but didn't Sad   Anyway, I've only heard great things about them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreeFish
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008 10:39:28 AM »

My husband is in Iraq, so it was the first thing I bought myself after he left with his extra combat pays. What he doesn't know won't hurt him Wink

Anyway, they are fabulous. I couldn't be more pleased with them. They are gorgeous to look at. I've never had one come undone in use after the initial tightening. The join is virtually seam free and your work usually just glides right over it. I have zero complaints about this set.

Well, maybe one. It is *such* a beautiful set, but it comes in this clear vinyl zip up bag. Like a cheapo make-up case. I'm sure it's to keep the cost down on an already expensive item, but I would have much preferred something a little more classy for such wonderful wood.

If you have the fundage, I'd totally recommend getting them. I think they are definitely worth the investment. And you'll have them a lifetime. They really are pretty.

I was knitting on my front porch the other day, and a 14 year old boy walked by and sort of glanced at me as he went by. A minute later he came back and said, "What are those things? Is that candy?"  Was a hoot! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeakyweasels

Knitter, Writer, Yarner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008 04:59:32 PM »

I have them, and I love them. I decided not to buy the set because I know there are certain sizes I just never use, so I bought my favorite sizes plus a whole bunch of different sized cables. They're really, really beautiful and fantastic. I really can't say enough about them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell ecofriendly luxury yarn, recycled at
http://stitchpop.artfire.com
krispat

"i'M nOt PsYcO...i JuSt LiKe PsYcO tHiNgS"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008 06:59:38 PM »

Thanks...you have me convinced these are what I want.  I think this is where part of my stimulus check will go Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creepyhugger
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008 03:28:59 PM »

i have one pair of tips and a few cables, and i'm hoping i get more for my birthday...  they're super smooth, even smoother than bamboo.  i've heard tell of people getting faulty tips, but you can just send them back and get a replacement if this happens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kasuro
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008 09:36:19 AM »

I have their metal interchangeable  and love them.  I just learned to knit in Feb of this year and the nickel plated tips over the aluminum needles I learned on was night and day.  So when deciding on how to create my new stash of needles I decided to go with knitpicks and I'm glad I did.  Besides, I can use them as straight needles too by adding the little end cap jobbies or add more sizes for just the cost of tips or "wires"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StitchMarkers4U
Knitter

Wiccan 4 Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008 11:25:39 AM »

I to have been thinking about getting them.
Thats for the thread! I now know what some of my stimulus check will buy!

I to am going to get certain sizes and cords. I don't use but a few sizes and it will be cheaper this way! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is like a gifted bag of yarn!
You never know what your going to get!
But you love it anyways!
jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008 08:19:45 AM »

It looks like I'm the only negative one on here, but I've got to tell you about my needles... maybe it's just bad luck for me.

First, my size 4s were two different sizes. One being slightly larger than the other. Also, something happened with a size 5, but I can't for the life of me remember what. I called and got free replacements. My size 6s snapped in half in my bag, but that's got to be something that me or my boyfriend did to my purse (I think he sat on it, but didn't tell me because he thought I'd kill him. He bought me new ones). Next, my size 10.5s... on one of them the wooden piece came out of the metal piece when I was tightening it. Now, I want you all to know that I'm not a Hulk or anything. I wasn't being clumsy or abusing it. I don't have much money, so I take care of these things like they were made of glass (well, except for those size 6s).

Lastly, my replacement 6s arrived scratched or something so yarn catches when i knit with them (Very
frustrating) so I can't use those. I keep meaning to call knit picks but I never remember on a week day.

Oh, one more thing, they're not as brightly colored as they are on the website, and the red barely shows up at all.

So, I love the needles, and the convenience of the interchangablity, but I feel like I got the crap end of the stick on some of them. I'll call and see about getting replacements, and I'll tell you all how it worked out. Last time they were really nice sent me free ones right away. We'll see about this time, since it's been longer and I don't know what kind of warranty they have. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I'm taking a break from swaps. :'(

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.
I <3 Dale Cooper.
jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008 12:52:48 PM »

Just in case anyone cares...
I called knitpicks just now and they're replacing the size 6 and size 10.5 needles that I had problems with for free. This is the second time I've gotten replacements from them and the woman on the phone was really nice and didn't accuse me of breaking them (like some places do when you return things)! Also, I could totally understand everything she said! (so rare with customer service nowadays...) Grin
I'll be getting my new needles withing 5 to 14 days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I'm taking a break from swaps. :'(

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.
I <3 Dale Cooper.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Next Level Grilled Cheese
How to Make Inside-Out Pancakes
Quick Cooks: French Toast Muffins
The Easy Way to Make Cuban Sandwiches
How to Make the Perfect Hamburger
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...