A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,701
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Raleigh/Durham finds  (Read 19908 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RavingRosemary

Beware the weasel....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2010 08:20:58 AM »

Just found this thread and am super excited.  Hey, other NCers!

I have to second a post a few pages back: if you're up for a trip into southern Wake County, the Guardian Angel thrift store in Fuquay is absolutely the best.  It's warehouse-huge (it resides in the space of the old Harris Teeter), clean, and cheap, cheap, cheap--clothes, furniture, household goods, you name it.  I grew up in Fuquay and had no idea how spoiled I was 'til I moved away and couldn't find anything like it.

The downsides: not a great men's clothing selection (isn't that the case everywhere?), and they play Mix 101.5. ;P  Just sayin'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

English Major Soaps! on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/englishmajorsoaps
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2010 07:34:05 AM »

Just wanted to pop in and thank everyone who posted to this thread!  I am moving to Durham, NC from New Jersey in three weeks, and I am super excited to figure out where to get my craft on so this starting list will help.  I know the info is a bit old so I'll be sure to call these places before I just show up and try to find them (in case they've gone extinct.) 

If there are any other triangle-area crafters out there, give me a shout!  I'd love to know if there are any regular or semi-regular meet-ups in the area.

Cheers!
Bethiej
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
evilSabina
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2010 05:50:33 PM »

Welcome to Durham! You gotta check out the Scrap Exchange on Foster street. Open 7 days a week. http://scrapexchange.org/ I used to work there and I still visit/shop every 1 or 2 weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2010 09:55:11 PM »

I have already heard about that from a few people, but now that I know it's craftster-member approved I will definitely have to check it out!!!! Wink  Thanks for the welcome and for corroborating the recommendation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
Lydia the Strange
Supreme Enabler

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2010 07:23:05 PM »

Fuquay varina has some great thrift stores. Pass it on thrift store on main street is awesome! I bought a pant suit, a shirt, three pairs of pants and a leather jacket all for $30. Guardian angel thrift also on main street is good but you have to dig for the good stuff. I bought three sweaters for .75 cents.

Cause for paws on Saunders is another awesome thrift store. Great furniture finds and books.

There is a thrift store on Saunders and garin that is huge and has awesome furniture, clothing and weird random finds. Good prices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
r0ck0n
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2011 02:16:36 PM »

Hi All, a raleigh native here and a longtime craftster lurker! Thanks for the great recommendations of the Scrap Exchange....one of those places I hear about but have never been too!! Also thanks for all of you who have peeped up with the thrift store recommendations...I've never been much of a thrifter but feel some inspired to check i out Smiley Anyway thats all I really wanted to say....are there any quilters on this board? I've been to two quilt stores in the area, one in Apex and one in downtown cary (next to the Shuttles, Needles, And Hooks yarn shop) if it's still there! last time I went (a few years ago, admittedly), they had a great variety of truly beautiful fabrics. The ladies working there were all very helpful and attentive, and as I was a new quilter they really went out of their way to help me figure out yardage and show me what I needed to do! Highly recommend!

as for the aforementioned yarn shop, I dont know how that building isn't condemned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karan
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2011 10:38:09 PM »

Great! As big fan of craft, every fun thing is my love, thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never stop trying until you find the best self
evilSabina
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2011 05:02:44 PM »

Hey, all. In case you hadn't heard, the Scrap Exchange moved (after the roof of their old building collapsed  Shocked). They are now at 923 Franklin Street, Durham, NC 27701. It's behind Goldenbelt... with a parking lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2011 11:09:04 AM »

Ooh, a parking lot! I haven't been to the new location yet - is it as fabulous? It's not quite as easy a bike ride from my house as the old one was. I'm hoping they'll have another natural cleaners class this fall - I've been wanting to do that one for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilSabina
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2011 03:36:41 PM »

It is fabulous, and getting more so as they get more organized. They're going to be doing a Swap-o-rama on September 11th.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dragonfiles Photographs
Photographing Dragonflies
How to Photograph Butterflies
Photographing a Brown Hare
Photographing a Wood Mouse
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...