A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,641
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Raleigh/Durham finds  (Read 19501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2004 11:00:19 AM »

I don't know, I've encountered very few rude people down here - all people in stores just seem so much more pleasant!  I personally don't understand how they keep Harris Teeter employees so happy.  Smiley
Cary was also rated the #1 community over 100,000 people in the southeast.  I'm impressed. haha.
On an un-crafty note, have you been to Coffee and Crepes in Crossroads center?  I'm craving a Nutella crepe now.. yum Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bewitched

grab your glitter and your glue gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2004 12:13:02 AM »

i think i encountered so many rude people because when i lived there i worked at >shudder< cary town center. i won't name the store, but let's just say i  encountered more than my fair share of bratty rich kids who never seemed to bathe  Tongue
oh, and i worked at world market for like, 10 days and encountered a lot of the parents of said rich stinky kids. i quickly learned why the kids were so rude   Roll Eyes

i haven't been to coffee and crepes, but i could seriously go for a blackberry shake and some fries from cookout  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cast your spell... bewitched bath & body
http://www.bewitchedbubbles.com
chocodestroyer

Destroyer of choco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004 05:27:12 PM »

I was reminded about the Scrap Exchange by this thread last week..and so this past weekend I went. Holy cow, what a cool place! I got three really cool pieces of glass, some way cool old maps, and some neat electrical things (capacitors)--all for $4! I am going back soon...there are a ton of things you can do with those old maps, and they're 2 for 50cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tentimeszero
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2004 06:44:32 PM »

wheres scrap exchange at?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

then looking upward i strain my eyes & try, to tell the difference between shooting stars & statellites, from the passenger seat as you are driving me home. "do they collide?" i ask & you smile. with my feet on the dash the world doesn't matter.
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2004 04:33:56 PM »

It's in downtown Durham - see their website:

http://www.scrapexchange.org/

I haven't been in awhile.  I definitely want to go get some of the maps!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MeOwZa
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2004 08:06:40 PM »

cookout  Cheesy yummm

I'm sure there are some desirable neighborhoods in Durham, I just don't know where they are.

my parents live in durham, they moved to a neighborhood right before southpoint was built (now the mall is in walking distance)... the area around southpoint (& about 1-2miles radius) is the only desirable place in Durham-- even the neighborhoods around Duke aren't places you'd want to be when it gets dark, or at all  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2004 08:56:02 PM »

I guess that parts of RTP are technically in Durham - but RTP gets totally dead at nighttime and on the weekends.  There's an apartment complex practically on top of where I work, that's just too close for comfort Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MeOwZa
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2004 07:49:50 PM »

when my parents first started looking for a house in the area, they drove into rtp and couldn't find houses anywhere! they were like "omg what kind of place is this!?! there are only office buildings everywhere and no homes!!" they finally found a place (once they drove OUT of rtp) i guess times have changed a little and there are a few places to live now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2004 09:06:55 PM »

I guess the ability to stumble to work in under 3 minutes would be a plus, but I don't want to think about working when I'm not there Smiley

I went to Morgan Imports in Durham over the weekend.  Have you guys ever been there?  It's like a non-chain Pier One or something.  It looks like they are also redoing the Brightleaf Square area, which should be pretty hot.  

Last time I was at Cameron Village, they were announcing renovations as well, I guess it is good they are fixing up stuff that's around already instead of just building new all the time.  I swear, they build stuff so fast around here.  I was here in the Summer of '02 and came back, and there were all these things I had never seen before.  lol. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tns
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2004 12:55:54 PM »

the area around southpoint (& about 1-2miles radius) is the only desirable place in Durham-- even the neighborhoods around Duke aren't places you'd want to be when it gets dark, or at all  Shocked

i guess it depends how you define "desirable".  i find the area around southpointe to be lacking in character and totally mcBoring!

and don't even get me started on the  durham=dangerous thing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Lightsabers - Motion 3
How to Create a Glow Effect - Motion 3
How to Create Bloody Blobs - Motion 3
How to Create a Mac Boot Animation - Motion 3
How to Use Rotoscoping - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...