I'm not really sure if I'm posting this in the right department, but oh well.
All of the materials I used for this project I found laying around the house.
Cardboard Box - Kinda thick
Strong glue - I used gorilla glue
Regular glue - elmers or stick glue
Pretty magazine tears
Ok, so Step #1
- cut all the cardboard pieces needed, I used a total of 10 pieces.
I'm not including any measurements at this time, you can essentially make it whatever size you feel comfortable with. I myself am going to make a giant one in a weeks time.
2 big pieces for the main stand/trunk
2 smaller pieces for the bottom/root of the stand
6 even smaller pieces for the branchesStep #2
- decorate all your pieces w/ magazines, newspapers, fabric...whatever suits your fancy. I used both the elmers glue and the glue stick to adhere the magazine tears to the cardboard.
for the 6 smaller pieces for the branches, be sure that you only cover one horizontal/lengthwise edge of the piece, so that you earrings have a hole to hook onto at the top.Step #3
- Put all the pieces together
The two main pieces that made up the stand/trunk, first cut down the middle vertically a little bit past halfway on each one - see dotted line for corresponding picture, using the exacto knife
Then slide them in together in, so that they meet at their openings and so that they form an 'X' at the top, see fig. 1 and align perfectly
Glue together the bottom pieces that make the bottom/root of the stand, using the super strong gorilla glue, also in the shape of an 'X'Step #4
- Then glue the Stand/trunk to the bottom/root, also using the gorilla glueStep #5
- Lastly glue the branches onto the tree using the gorilla glue and use tape to make sure they stay in place while the glue is hardening. Glue the branches to the opposite side from which you want to be displayed.
Note, the branches might appear to be leaning here, but it is not from the jewelry, but from the manner in which I glued the branches on, they weren't very even.
You can also glue some beads like the green necklace picture above onto the stand to add some dimension, actually you could glue all sorts of things to it.
I'll be making another one soon thats a bit neater, and bigger! and I would love to see what others come up with by way of design.
You can see my album for more images