A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 310793 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Scribble Dolls
« Reply #2480 on: November 15, 2009 03:47:22 PM »

Hi there!
I'm a bit nervous posting here since I've spent the past two weeks reading through this entire thread and now I'm feeling like the shy newbie, lol.
I happened across craftster by chance and this particular thread by an even stranger chance. I was so stunned to discover that my weird habit of wanting to collect random "bits" is actually part of a hobby!

This whole thread has been such a huge inspiration to me and has actually made me get up and start really doing art things again, so that's a giant thank you from me to all of you.

Everyone's work here is stunning and I'm really excited about locating a book to alter.
Because I'm an impatient person and probably won't be able to get to a thrift shop until next weekend, I started a mini project in one of the many empty journals laying around my house. I have a current obsession with monsters (I don't know why...I'm weird  Roll Eyes ) and decided to create a "home" for my little creatures to exist in. I thought the rainbow theme was a great and easy starting point, so here are my first two pages (hope you guys don't mind me posting them. And please forgive my poor quality images. I'm running on pretty low technology here and was depressed to discover my phone took better pictures of them than my camera):

Red- It didn't really turn out the way I originally envisioned (with you know, the red theme and all), but I like it just the same and was pretty proud of my first page.

Orange- I still have a little more work to do on this one (mainly just making the little guys pop from the page a bit better)

It's just a bit of silliness and doesn't quite compare to the awesomeness in this thread, but I really wanted to share with you guys what you inspired me to do. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2481 on: November 15, 2009 04:01:54 PM »

I love those pages, morglanc!!

Wow, those are some fabulous pages, Flying Ferret! I love the monsters, they're so happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malmow
« Reply #2482 on: November 15, 2009 04:23:54 PM »

Those monsters are very cute!
Don't be afraid of posting. Everyone has their own style, and its your journal after all, so it should look how you want it to. Everyone here is super nice and supportive, so feel free to post your pages without criticism. We're one big happy family here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 15, 2009 04:28:50 PM »

those monsters are so adorable!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JackieMac9

Adrenaline Rush. You can google it. [=

View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 15, 2009 05:16:19 PM »

So, my sister's been bugging me for a while now to post a few of my pages...Im just so lazy!
This is my first journal, and I really like it so far:)

Im thinking about writing something on the right side page, but Im not sure yet what to do.

(Full)

(After adding some words...)

Well, I hope I did this right, I wasn't sure how to post but Ill try this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♫♥We should get jerseys cause we make a good team, but yours would look better than mine, cause you're outta my league. And I know that it's so cliche to tell you that everyday I spend with you is the new best day of my life;♥♫
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 15, 2009 05:52:30 PM »

I'm so glad you finally posted pictures  Smiley All of your pages are great sis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
notanotherxerox
« Reply #2486 on: November 15, 2009 06:43:16 PM »

Welcome flyingferret!!! I love your monsters! I also have an obsession with all things monsters and your are really cute:) I really like your pages. Great job!

-Tabitha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One of a kind upcycled greeting cards
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ReCardCreations
Send someone a smile, help the Earth
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2487 on: November 15, 2009 09:56:38 PM »

flying ferret--- very cute!

jackie-- i love your little buildings!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
panthermoon
« Reply #2488 on: November 15, 2009 10:43:55 PM »

Thanks for the comments about my page  Smiley

Welcome to the group Flying Ferret & JackieMac9 Cheesy

Flying Ferret your monsters are very cute .. I actually like the way the orange ones kind of blend into the page, but I like how the ones on the other page pop out of the color red

JackieMac9 those buildings are very nice... I love the fish and starfish on your first pages

morglanc it's been very interesting to see your last few pages because of all the movement you've put in them  Smiley it's giving me lots of ideas... now if I could find a little more time to get back to working on my book

I always like to see what people draw because I'm not very good at it. I have to admit that I don't always alter a book ... most of mine started as sketchbooks of some type
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2489 on: November 16, 2009 03:12:03 AM »

I love that little starfish! I really like your balloon page with the buildings too.

I've been working on a poppy page, just need to find time to finish it! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Stilts Out Of Old Cans
How to Make Silk Flowers
How to Make Your Own Journal
How to Make Your Own Clay
How to Make Your Own Disco Ball
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...