A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 308675 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1300 on: March 05, 2009 03:12:12 PM »

Thanks! Cheesy

Congratulations again! (and on finding your journal again too!) I'm eager to see how married life affects your journalling! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1301 on: March 06, 2009 06:54:11 AM »

I should totally join in with this, if y'all will have me. I've just started an altered journal thing (it's in a notebook rather than a book book, so maybe more of an art journal? or...something else? I have no idea about the technical terms!) and I'm really enjoying it but I'm having trouble coming up with ideas. I'll post pics of the few pages I have so far later :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
AromaRageST
« Reply #1302 on: March 12, 2009 12:44:24 PM »

Mine is in a plain sketchbook (its very small, maybe 3 x 5 inches) not a book, but I hope its ok to post here.
These are just a few random pages from my book.

(the writing says 'Just a small taster of brains and hearts for the people you love'.. comletely random and meaningless)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #1303 on: March 12, 2009 08:14:24 PM »

Those are some great pages AromaRage! I like that you used grayscale on the 'rock' page and I love what you did with the heart on the Love is page. Smiley

I am so happy that it's starting to warm up and I think it's obvious that I'm looking forward to Spring. Cheesy

The Bird King of Spring

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1304 on: March 13, 2009 05:52:27 AM »

I love the layers in that first heart page AromaRageST!

And I love your bird king DQ!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard

That song was about me.

« Reply #1305 on: March 13, 2009 07:45:48 AM »

OK, don't laugh: I am very very new to this whole paper crafting thing, and bow before the mighty talent of you lot :-) But I finally took some pics of my journal and thought I'd share, because, uh, I can.

The cover, which is my favourite part so far.

The inside of the cover and one of the three plastic pockets that came with the notebook. I don't know what I'm going to do with these yet. They're real cute - they have pockets and little tabs and everything! I think I might put one of my favourite photos of myself on the inside cover, because I'm vain like that.

OK, the next couple of pages are some rather personal pretentious wank. I'd have written something WAY less lame if I'd thought ahead that I would want to put it on Craftster [grin] There's also a quote from Leonardo DaVinci here, that I came across in pics of another Craftster's journal.

Uber uber lame rambling about how I'm goingto tryto change my life in 2009 on the left, and slightly less lame page about the day that felt like the first day of spring on the right. Yay spring!

And finally, a to-do list that I wrote three days ago. And no, I haven't done all of the things on it yet! [blush] Also, note at the bottom: "and don't waste the whole day on Craftster again!"...

I like it, but it doesn't feel very..."me" yet. I'll keep working on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #1306 on: March 13, 2009 08:02:29 AM »

I forgot to mention, I'm on page 101 of my book! Only.. 425 more pages before it's full! Tongue

Persephone- I think it's normal to not feel your first few pages are really you, especially when you're tackling a completely new art form. I really disliked a lot of my first pages and focused a lot on trying to have a 'style'. After almost a year I still don't think I have one. I still dislike some of the pages I've worked on recently. You're always going to have pages that you like more than others, just like any other art/craft you may be into.

I honestly love the fact that you're incorporating so much writing into your journal. Text is one of those things that alludes me when I'm working in my book. Maybe in the pockets you could stash things like ticket stubs, adverts for places you've been, neat momentos of things you've done and seen.

I say you should keep at it and don't be afraid to experiment with more techniques and styles.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard

That song was about me.

« Reply #1307 on: March 13, 2009 08:12:39 AM »

Thank you :-) And yeah, I've been making jewellery for years and I still make things that I think look like a five year old made them, or looked WAY better in my head, or are just totally left-field to my usual style and stick out like a vaguely unattractive sore thumb!

I've got into the habit of scrapbooking my theatre tickets, which I like, but things to keep in those pockets will doubtless present themselves given time. I'm going to experiment with paint on my next page, that should be fun...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lalabananas
« Reply #1308 on: March 14, 2009 06:38:58 AM »

They're all so pretty!! I've always wanted to make an altered journal but I have no clue where to start. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1309 on: March 14, 2009 12:41:17 PM »

I have finally started my own journal!! I have been a long time stalker of this thread but never had the courage to make an altered journal. But I just joined a journal swap and have been having so much fun that I decided to make my own.

So far i've only written my book list in it, so nothing exciting. I plan on stealing all your ideas though Cheesy To have a weather page, things i've learned etc to add to each day will hopefully mean that I continue it for a long time... unlike my written journals. Which I have so many of, but never commit to fully.

I'll post pictures when I actually get something done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Melissa Garcia Shares Celebrity Style Secrets
How to Pull Off the Menswear Look
7 Most Unforgettable Gowns From the Oscars
Oscar Dresses That Made History
The Most Talked About Oscars Dresses Of All Time
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...