A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 301,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 335550 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 08, 2009 04:48:09 PM »

those pages look great!
the polar bears are adorable!
i agree..their cuteness hurts my eyes Cheesy
i thought you painted them because you could see the type through them...i love that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinksparklystars

Muffin <3 Pumpkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1241 on: January 09, 2009 08:34:15 AM »

i watched all these shows on the history channel about the 7 deadly sins, so i decided to do a page for each one, and then on the oppisite pages i am going to have each sins counter virtue. hopefully it will turn out how i want it too.

phizzy - love the pages, the music in the background is cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1242 on: January 09, 2009 10:17:55 AM »

pinksparklystars - that sounds like an awesome idea! can't wait to see!

allrightythen people, I have my first two pages to show you! woot!

The snow/sleet there is tin foil.

And this one I didn't do for the underwater theme, but it works. I'll probably do another one anyway. Smiley

The text in the background I copied from the introduction to a scientific paper on the brain of the cuttlefish.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 03:26:02 PM by thelastkodama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
bushbaby

Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #1243 on: January 09, 2009 02:48:39 PM »

thelastkodama - I love both of these. they are really cool (excuse the pun!) I especially like the snow/ice page Smiley

You know, I have had creative-block for the last 3days then suddenly I read this thread again, go for a nice long hot bath and these just popped into my head,  begging to be sketched:

This was a spread that I started trying out Phizzy's 'triangles and green' style. Don't know where these two houses came from - think I have been reading to much Pratchett/Gaiman/Barker recently! they are simple sketched in 2 thickness of pen.  Might add more later to this, not sure though.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

takia
« Reply #1244 on: January 11, 2009 06:56:19 AM »

Phizzychick, I have to say I just adore the polar bears... heck, I have a long history on polar bears, so (= Did you use the napkins with the same technique as using them on wood? I used to do it at the hospital last year, wonderful boxes and even a "painting".

thelastkodama your snow page took my breath away... so pretty, so delicate. I have never seen snow myself, but I bet it is just as pretty.

bushbaby I hear you! lol reading gaiman and co. gives me the urge to draw things like that... I have plans to draw my views of Neverwhere chars someday. This year, I must say (you know, when you keep saying someday.. it never happens lol)

I've been a little absent from here and from drawing and journaling... applying for a college scholarship, so I'm running after documents and such.

Someone asked for themes... I sometimes like to make "color" themes. One page with only red elements, for example, collage or drawn.

I'm probably taking the day off to journal today (= and since I just began playing WoW, I must draw something related with Taurens and their village, it is so shamanic-like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panthermoon
« Reply #1245 on: January 11, 2009 12:38:15 PM »

Phizzy I love the polar bears. Not what I would have expected from you however.  Cheesy I may have to try doing more with napkins, I have several saved that I liked the designs on them.  I like your New Years page as well.

pinksparklystars I can't wait to see what you do with this theme.  Smiley I've been wanting to do this with ATCs, but so far haven't got around to it. I wasn't planning on doing the virtues though.

thelastkodama that's a beautiful snow page!   Cheesy I like the cuttlefish one as well, but the snow is my favorite. I think I have the ribbon you have on your page too.

bushbaby you did a great job!  Smiley  I like the lighter triangles on the darker background. When I tried out triangles, I never finished the page. I may get back to it eventually. Do you have mulberry paper under that first house?

Haven't gotten anything finished yet to show, but I have several in the works. I'm doing a song one and possibly an underwater one as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
bushbaby

Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #1246 on: January 12, 2009 04:22:30 AM »

Do you have mulberry paper under that first house?
thanks Cheesy

Yeah - I thougth I would try building up a little texture on the background.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #1247 on: January 12, 2009 12:39:00 PM »

Thank you for your comments, gals! bushbaby I really like your houses spread, my favorite bit is the little black kitty next to the tall house. Cheesy

A little bit of backstory for this next page of mine - my mom and I have a tradition we do at this time of year: when we start getting catalogs of flowers, we cut out our favorite ones and make little booklets. The catalogs have been coming earlier than usual these past few years, so we're getting into the spring mood before we should probably... Well we've gotten our first two, so I decided to brighten up my journal in springtime fashion. Smiley I would recommend this to any of you, by the way. It's fun!

I also wanted to get some ideas from you folks on some of my backgrounds. I was fooling around with these and now I'm not sure what else to do with them. Do they suggest certain things or themes to you?

thankee!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009 07:48:40 PM by thelastkodama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1248 on: January 12, 2009 08:42:51 PM »

ooooh, cute little cartoon like dinosaurs would be really cute on the second backround!  i like your flower page a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1249 on: January 13, 2009 09:04:06 AM »

Wow, everyones pages are fantastic! I've been so slack in commenting Undecided

I love that doodley page! I think some bright watercolours and patterns would look great with it!

I have a few new pages also...some simple ones.

Been potting up some seeds:

For the underwater theme. I like my quirky puffer fish, but maybe he should have eyes and mouth?
It makes sense in my head

Remember my first Opeth page?

This is the end of the song...anyone recognise the famous painting in my variation? Cheesy

Hard to do in watercolours! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shantell Martin: Following Her Pen
Art Spiegelman Tours His Retrospective
At Home with Roz Chast
Landscape with Charon Crossing The River Styx
Henna Heads: Hair Loss Sufferers Get Beautiful Head Crowns
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...