A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 304265 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkPug,INK.

*Paper Gangsta*

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 30, 2008 08:44:41 AM »

panthermoon: your connections pages are very creative & i like the start of your time warp page too.   Smiley

morglanc: wow, you got a lot done...i like the title page and how you can see the "monster" on the opposite page through the sun- it goes with the title really well! i also like your star page & tree page. i love the colors on those two! they're so bright! did you use watercolors for the backgrounds? i finally bought a set yesterday so my pages are gonna look brighter hopefully!  Cheesy

oh & welcome back phizzychick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out "Pugs & Papercrafts", my brand new blog!
http://pinkpugink.blogspot.com/

http://www.PinkPugINK.etsy.com

Pink Pug Wists
http://www.wists.com/PinkPugINK
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1101 on: September 30, 2008 09:14:04 AM »

dang! morglanc...I'm sooo jealous...you make some incredible pages....it's like you can get just whats in your mind...out....  they're delightfully fun to look at!  I love the tree one...my favorite I think is the heart...but I love them all..the sunlit ambush is too cool! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Rio_Supreme
« Reply #1102 on: October 01, 2008 03:53:45 AM »

Hello, long time no see!  Embarrassed sorry ive been missing for a while, its been hectic at work and had several essential parties to go to, not that thats a good excuse.

Panthermoon- i love the torn text and ephemera on your page Smiley (i dont know where you guys find it all, i never find stuff like this).

Morglanc- Wow you have been really busy! That monster on the first page is my favourite but that i sit and lie awake all night struck a chord with me too. Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Try again, fail again, fail better." Samuel Beckett
graverobbergirl
« Reply #1103 on: October 03, 2008 06:12:27 PM »

Here are my friday pages: Dragon & Pineapple

I was inspired by panthermoon's elegant and simple (but still visually compelling) style. (Hope you don't mind that I tried to emulate your style) I don't think I quite got the hang of it. And it's probably not really me... The dragon could've turned out better.

This is more my style, chaotic to the point of hurting the viewer's eyes. I've tried to keep television and movies out of my journal, but such a large portion of my brain is dedicated to trivia, quotes, and actors' filmographies that it was bound tot surface. The quote "Are you a fan of delicious flavor?" is via Shawn Spencer's obsession with pineapples in Psych. The tiki man is a shrunken scan of a card my friend sent me a few years ago, that I like so much he is on the wall behind my computer desk. The simplicity pattern is for a 50s style Hawaiian dress I made a few years back. I didn't have any photos of me in it, and now I can no longer squeeze my chest into it (it was a little small then). And the other elements are this funky flannel fabric scrap with pineapples on it and a scan of the lei from my fifth (I think) birthday. Oh yeah, and my printer was dying, but I went with it.

I was hoping to get more done for the friday, but alas, my microsuede came in the mail and I've been sewing, sewing, sewing!                                                                                                                                                                         
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
panthermoon
« Reply #1104 on: October 03, 2008 07:11:28 PM »

morglanc I love the tree page and also the last page. Smiley I think they are all good, but those are my favorites.

Panthermoon- i love the torn text and ephemera on your page Smiley (i dont know where you guys find it all, i never find stuff like this).

Thanks, most of the stuff on my connections pages and time warp pages was printed on my computer. I find things all over the place. Lots of different stores, sometimes craft stores, sometimes not. I also buy things online from sites that sell stuff for collage. And I have a friend that gives me things all the time because she buys too much stuff for herself.  Smiley

graverobbergirl- I don't mind you trying do a page like mine. I try different things from other peoples' pages once in awhile. I have a page that has triangles on it because of phizzy... so far that's all it has  Undecided I like your new pages. The dragon is cute and I like the pineapple fabric with the tiki   Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008 07:12:28 PM by panthermoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1105 on: October 04, 2008 06:16:19 AM »

Great pages graverobbergirl! I really like the simplicity and balance of your dragon page, and the opposite vibrancy of your pineapple page Grin

panthermoon - oh no, my triangles have held you back! Cheesy Maybe paint over them so they're ther in texture...but not so much, would that help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #1106 on: October 04, 2008 08:59:04 AM »

Grin Phizzy  I put triangles diagonally down the center of the page originally for my connections page, but then I decided I needed much more room for it... and I went in a different direction without triangles. I was going for a sense of distance, but connected. Also the different colored triangles on either side of the black line ended up like squares. 

Eventually I'll put something there. I have several pages that have backgrounds or something on them that I have no idea where it's going... like the one next to the triangle page. Sometimes they end up covered up and/or I find the perfect thing for the pages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1107 on: October 04, 2008 09:09:45 AM »

I really like the colour combo on those pages. Your right page reminds me of those harlequin 'clowns' a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1108 on: October 12, 2008 03:43:24 AM »

A little zetti-inspired page... Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1109 on: October 12, 2008 04:36:23 AM »

hehe I like how prim she looks  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Dolphin Energy
How Ross Bleckner Addresses Aids In His Art
Ross Bleckner on His Own Mortality
Oil Painting Tips for Vegetable Painting
How to Draw a Rabbit
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...