A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 312782 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: August 24, 2008 03:17:43 AM »

Rio_Supreme, I love the effect with the paper strips, great page, it definitely conveys a rainy feeling!

I wish it would rain here...I can't remember the last time it rained, I think it was back in May sometime. There's so much scorched earth about. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinksparklystars

Muffin <3 Pumpkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: August 28, 2008 06:49:47 AM »

Wow i can't believe i just read 101 pages! ... Ok so i skimmed though most of them :| but it's the point that counts Cheesy

Anyways, i think this whole thread is an awesome idea, i hope you guys don't mind if i join in Cheesy I probably won't post anything until next week because this week is busy with school just starting and all. But from everything i see you guys do awesome pages.

Anyways... off to class for now
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panthermoon
« Reply #1012 on: August 28, 2008 08:36:25 AM »

pinksparklystars- Welcome!  Smiley

I won't be posting anything again this week either Sad ... no kids, but a family get together this weekend & my little nieces first birthday coming up... I had so much to do to get ready, but after this weekend, I'll have a clean apartment, organized craft supplies (well.. mostly organized) and time to do something fun in my book  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: August 28, 2008 09:10:41 AM »

pinksparklystars, welcome! I can't wait to see your pages!

The 'show images only' tab is definitely a feast for the eyes on this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graverobbergirl
« Reply #1014 on: August 28, 2008 06:54:38 PM »

Wow! We keep accruing more creative people, and wonderful pages!

I actually have a page done for this week and am pretty excited about it. It's been such a long time (distracted by other projects and life) that I nearly forgot how good it feels to work on an altered journal, not to mention when you finish a page!

Looking forward to seeing more pages from our veterans and newcomers alike...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
graverobbergirl
« Reply #1015 on: August 29, 2008 08:42:15 AM »

It's Friday, right? Do I get to be the first one to post this week's page?!

Okay, I was excited, and I couldn't wait.

Black & White and Steampunk

I actually had to finally look up "steampunk" because I kept seeing the term but didn't know what it was. Fancy realizing it is a subgenre I've always enjoyed. I didn't have any paper, clippings, or stamps that were especially "steampunkish" so I ended up creating my own character.

Meet Victoria Vick, Vapor Vanquisher. (Note my not-very-honed skills but adoration for alliteration.) She is a 19th century ghostbuster. You can only sort of make out the apparitions/vapors in the background. Oh, well...

The Black & White is not very apparent, oops. It turned out sort of Black & Antique White.

I feel like the ghost detector thingy weighs down the right side and draws your eye too much. I'm thinking about adding pattern to her skirt to balance it out. I had wanted to keep her in black and white for some reason though...

What do you all think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: August 29, 2008 08:57:57 AM »

Awesome page! I wouldn't worry about it. I was drawn to her first, specifically the objects in her hands, then to the detector. Grin

I just had my first play at steampunk too for another swap and realised I loved it!

...now if I can just finish my page for this week... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1017 on: August 29, 2008 09:01:30 AM »

welp...I'm back from my vacation...and I didn't get a chance to do any pages!  I need to catch up! graverobbergirl...love your page!  I just did a personal swap and got all kinds of stuff to use for my journal.  sorry..I haven't kept up....but I hope to have a page tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1018 on: August 29, 2008 09:30:22 AM »

Graverobbergirl I LOVE your page! It's so steampunky and awesome!

For the longest time I had no idea what that style was called, but a year or so ago I stumbled across a 'steampunk laptop' on google (Google it! It's gorgeous!) and put a name t the style.

I think the balance on your page is fine. I looked at her first as well.

I'm hoping to have my page done after work! It's about 3/4 of the way to be postable, so we'll see how it goes. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rio_Supreme
« Reply #1019 on: August 31, 2008 04:18:48 PM »

Sorry im late (again), i had to hunt down some slugs in my garden before i could finish it!

Hi Pinksparklystars, i only just got here too so just jump in at the deep end and grab the nearest flotation device!  Wink

Graverobbergirl- i love that Vindictive Vapour Vanquisher (patent pending) and i love the character herself, but she could use some pattern or darkness to her jacket to set her apart from her background. maybe some lovely old fabric pattern like this...
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4140026/2/istockphoto_4140026-victorian-fabric.jpg

Anywhooo, heres my contributiony...

the text reads - The Slugs Shall Enherit the Earth. (and the cockroaches of course)

It looks better in person, the indian ink on top of the acrylic paint is too shiney to be papparazzied. It was quite funny actually, the slug that was modelling for me kept going after my ink bottles and nibbling on my fingers, little scamp!  Cheesy (and yes i do realise i misspelled enherit, but i was tired and a slug was trying to eat my finger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Try again, fail again, fail better." Samuel Beckett
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Selfie Gadget Is a White Elephant Exchange Star
Get Perfect Holiday Hair In Seconds: Top Bun
Upgrade Your Makeup From Office To Holiday Party In 4 Easy Steps
Tips for Applying Makeup
Putting On Makeup Was A Lot More Complicated In The 1930s
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...