A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,072
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 308118 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RougeRaven
« Reply #1000 on: August 22, 2008 04:36:19 PM »

I adore the first page with the picture broken up into four sections! Its really pleasing to look at...
I also love the visual effect the second page that has with the green, white and slits cut into the edges, it tricked my eyes at first!
Great pages!

Thanks! The crafting has been helping me destress a bit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
panthermoon
« Reply #1001 on: August 22, 2008 06:33:08 PM »

I'm not even sure where to start, so many new pages this week!  Cheesy

Smuckers 9 I like your connections page and I love your rain/relaxation page.. I like the ladybugs, very cute.

Bushbaby  I love that necklace!  after red and black thats my favorite color    good luck on your entry!

Phizzy How do you find all of that stuff?! I hardly ever find anything, lovely pages, the dragonfly page is great,  Im glad y to hear that your friends and family were all okay its a nice page, I thought about you when I saw it on the news    Smiley

Danni nice pages from your camping trip I think my favorite is the chess page, but I like the circus page also Ive got several old time photos too, they were taken a long time ago though. I do have one in one of my books somewhere. Last night I had a burst of inspiration and made a few extra tags... after days of not being able to think of anything  Roll Eyes.

gem craft cute pages . That last one reminds me of bones and muscles dont ask me why because I dont know  Huh it doesn't look like it would be that, I like it though  Cheesy I would never have guessed what it actually was

weeping_cloud Very nice pages, I can't wait to see the mythology page done, I like the waves on that last one  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1002 on: August 23, 2008 02:06:48 AM »

I hope things work out for you and your hubby weeping_cloud! I really love your last page with the waves, it's so calming, and the quote works really well!

I spend all my time on walks and bike rides looking at the ground ready to spot things Roll Eyes My Mum always said when I was growing up that I would never have a suntanned face, just the back of my neck! I can't help it though...got to look! Cheesy

I found the Monopoly money just on the pavement when I went shopping so I actually would have had to walk over them if I hadn't picked them up...no gutter or anything! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rio_Supreme
« Reply #1003 on: August 23, 2008 08:18:07 AM »

Sorry im late, i was up until 4:30 last night till i admitted that i probably wasnt going to finish it tonight! I just wanted to let you guys know i ll be posting later today and leave a few comments on the pages!

Phyzzi-wind up dragonflies? I want one!!!

Danni- i like the chess page and i sympathise with your frustrations over the game, i never really got it either. Undecided

Gem-i like the stars page (so shiney!) and i thought the puzzle page was an extreme close up of the eyesockets of a skull  Tongue

Weepingcloud- i love the wave page! the way the clouds look set against the txt sky is v cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Try again, fail again, fail better." Samuel Beckett
Rio_Supreme
« Reply #1004 on: August 23, 2008 11:31:36 AM »

heres my page for this week, i used the word rain.

i like the idea, but i think it looked better in my head  Undecided
One other thing, im a bit confused about the words pickd, i thought the theme for last week was rain/feelings but a lot of people used automatons, apples etc. Do you generally go freestyle for themes and go to the weekly theme if you're out of ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #1005 on: August 23, 2008 02:02:28 PM »

I see what people mean about my page looking like bones/eye sockets - I know it was a bit wierd, I just kindof went with it!!

Weeping cloud - Thats a sweet page to do for your husband - I hope things are better soon. The waves page is the best thought- I love it. What is the background - some kind of paint?

Rio - we made a list of words - which are now at the beginning of this thread. And then we pick the ones we want and work through the list for a few weeks. You can pick as many words as you want and you can pick them purposely or randomly - whatever you want. So last week I went to the list and randomly picked apples and automaton, not sure what I am doing yet for this week.

And your page is great - I love how theres so many layers to it - is the rain strips of newspaper? I look forward to seeing more of your stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Rio_Supreme
« Reply #1006 on: August 23, 2008 03:10:34 PM »

yeah its shredded newsprint, i started off using the shredder but it didnt shred it finely enough so i had to cut each line individually (gotta leetle bit obsessed Wink). i wanted to use shredded weather reports but i like how grey the newsprint was for the driving rain.

Thanks for the info about the word list, now i know i can let loose!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1007 on: August 23, 2008 06:51:11 PM »

Rio that page is wonderful! I love the different shades of grey and black throughout it. I think you captured the motion of the rain very well.

As far as our lists, Gem explained it very well. Smiley I do free form stuff more often than not, but if there is something on the list I've never tackled, or something that makes me think, I'll try it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #1008 on: August 23, 2008 08:08:11 PM »

Rio_Supreme I love that page, I really like how you did the rain & it's a great quote  Smiley

Rain and feelings were the words that I picked randomly for my page, haven't got a clue what I'm going to do with it yet. I'm behind because of a swap I'm in & some RL stuff, but I'm done now with the swap so I'll be working to catch up this next week. I hope.

The themes get a little confusing, but you can do them or not. They are just inspiration or a challenge if you'd like to look at it that way. We want to see whatever you want to show us... Smiley

Gemcraft I didn't think your page was weird, I just didn't know what it was! lol, I liked the colors  Smiley

Phizzychick I look at the ground all the time and all I see is dirt and pavement!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008 08:11:09 PM by panthermoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
RougeRaven
« Reply #1009 on: August 23, 2008 08:13:23 PM »

Weeping cloud - Thats a sweet page to do for your husband - I hope things are better soon. The waves page is the best thought- I love it. What is the background - some kind of paint?

The page with the eagle on it is a mix of different brands of watercolors, but the wave page is just crayola colored pencils. I just layed the blue with purple and black to get some variation. I just wish crayola had more colors, so I'll break down and buy some prismacolor pencils soon- I hear they're amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Turkey Gourd Thanksgiving Centerpiece
How to Craft a Large Paper Apple Tree
How to Craft a Paper-Bag Apple
How to Craft a Duct Tape Tote Bag
How to Craft a Duct Tape Rose
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...