A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 311308 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #990 on: August 22, 2008 07:56:03 AM »

I'm happy to work off the list. I only covered one this week Roll Eyes We can always add some new words to the pot too Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #991 on: August 22, 2008 08:09:56 AM »

Pathermoon, I hope you get more time soon! I almost signed up for that swap too! But I got busy, forgot, and missed the sign up date. Sad I guess I'll have to alter some tags for myself, although that's not nearly as much fun. *sigh*

Aw, Phizzy your first spread is so touching yet terribly sad. You must have a lot of patience to put 153 stars down. I didn't count them, but I'm sure you put them all there. Smiley

I think the wind up dragonfly works, since automaton is either a self-operating machine or something that act mechanically. The thought of the movement of a mechanical dragonfly creeps me out slightly. I love the use of an actual key and the ivy leaves.

Have you seen Mirror Mask by any chance? You seem to like Neil Gaiman's work as much as I do, and the thought of automatons makes me think of a particular scene in that movie involving the song 'Close to You'. Don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen it. Cheesy

I'll toss some more themes out. The longer the list the better!

- Black and White
- Mysterious

I'm in a few vintage and halloween swaps right now, and urbands legends and the supernatural have come up a few times. I've had Spring Heeled Jack and the foggy streets of London on the brain ever since. (Even though he was never brought up directly) Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 22, 2008 10:32:59 AM »

Angry Angry Angry >:(I just reply to everyone and was about to postmy page and my computer froze Angry Angry Lips sealed
Anyway here I go again...
 Angry

Phizzy- I LOVE your game page! How do you find so many wonderful things just laying in the streeets?! I have tried to find stuff when i go place but try as i might I never can Embarrassed I love your dragonfly page as well! I think  he counts as a automaton just because i like him Cheesy and i think that was a splendid idea!!
Danni- Love the other camping pages...Especially the smores and chess one...becasue it goes from such a complicated game to something so delightfully simple Cheesy I also love the other "random" page, the colors are really great and i love the vintage look to it... Great page!\
Gem-The Machine makes total sense ever though i had never heard of one, We had similar things but nothing like that...Maybe if i had something that fun to learn math i would like it better today Grin I also cannot see what the third page is...

As for my page...
I chose relaxation and rain...
The rain relaxes me and i love it....Also doing the page was relaxing because i had quite a busy day that day....
The reason there are also ladybugs is becasue i had rescued one from the pool that day Grin
hehe...
here it is...

And the last picture to show the lady bug that is leaving the page because i like him Cheesy

OK phew...Long post Grin
Have a grrrreat friday!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #993 on: August 22, 2008 10:57:06 AM »

So cute! I love the ladybirds with their umbrellas!

Thanks for the nice words on my pages. Despite some horrific images on the news (which I'm trying to now avoid looking at!), I couldn't imagine the scale of 153 lost, so I wanted to see how the stars looked in front of me. It's just too many.

I had fun with the dragonfly, especially the part when I smashed up a pocketwatch to get the gears out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #994 on: August 22, 2008 11:21:48 AM »

Wow, I missed a lot settling back in MD! Wonderful pages everyone, I've been working on catching up on my pages so I'll have some in progress/maybe some completed photos this afternoon  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Gemcraft
« Reply #995 on: August 22, 2008 01:14:06 PM »

Im happy to work off the list again for next week - but I've not picked my words yet.

I cant believe nobody used adding machine sums at school! I just checked with my husband and he did them too and he went to a different school but in the same area - wierd!

As for my mystery page - its that man template again - four of them around the page - actually if you follow the outline they overlap and are not kissing but it also kind of looks like they are - its kindof like that profile/vase optical illusion if you know the one I mean?

Phizzy - nice page and a good record of what happened. And I LOVE the clockwork dragonfly - you are very inventive.

Smuckers - I ADORE your page - its so cute and colourful - and wonderfuly stylised.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #996 on: August 22, 2008 01:42:47 PM »

Yay! Page 100! Cheesy

Smucker9, your page is so pretty! I love the ladybugs and their umbrellas! So cute!

Gem, I see it now! That's so clever! Grin

I won't have a page this week, but I have words picked, so I'm ready for next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kyreth

No shoes, no shirt, no problem

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 22, 2008 02:31:41 PM »

Work was very slow today, so I was able to read a lot of this topic.  Very cool, indeed!!!  I am inspired now to alter a book.  I found a great anatomy book at the thrift store for just such an endeavor.  I'll keep you posted and will share pictures when I'm able.

BTW - You guys are sooo creative and, more importantly, so supportive.  I am in awe....

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The problem with being middle of the road is that you are bound to get run over.
RougeRaven
« Reply #998 on: August 22, 2008 04:13:41 PM »

So I got way behind while I was at my mother-in-laws but today I caught up on a bunch of themes, sort of combined into four pages

This started as my architcure page and also works as my hiding place. If you remember, I did a page dedicated Dave being in the Army. He's been having health problems and is being discharged because of them, so I had to write a note to him regarding these things. The window hides the letter but it's pretty personal so it is shut for the photo.

The last couple of weeks have been really hard on us and we just found out that the insurance won't cover a week hospital stay so that sparked this part of the spread. This sits next to the window page so I carried the greens over. The leaves are from a stencil I got at Joann's on sale. I covered the majority of the page is tracing paper but it tore a bit while I was smoothing it out. Since it tore over a leaf, I just cut around it so it stands out. Finally, I cut corner decorations out but I don't what to do on the page behind this one since it'll show through.

This is a WIP for my myth 2 page spread. I think I am going to write out a very short verision out on a long strip of paper and fold it accordian style and putting in the lower right corner.

This took the longest out of the four; I struggled finding the right kind of waves but I found these on sale at Joann's and they were perfect. I love this page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 22, 2008 04:21:53 PM »

I adore the first page with the picture broken up into four sections! Its really pleasing to look at...
I also love the visual effect the second page that has with the green, white and slits cut into the edges, it tricked my eyes at first!
Great pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Your Own Passport Photos
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-Smith WonderCon Interview
A Cheap, Easy Modeling Light For Your Speedlight
Using the SB600 Sync Port
How to Find Low Cost Flashes
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...