A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
802 Guests and 44 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 304302 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #950 on: August 15, 2008 11:38:25 AM »

Daniquee...makes perfect sense! thank you sooo much...I'll try it today...where does everyone get their pictures?  mags?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #951 on: August 15, 2008 12:17:18 PM »

I get my images from a bunch of different places.

Some I get from magazines, I have a subscription to a science magazine and I have a stack of wedding mags that I've been chopping up since my wedding is close and I really don't need them. Cheesy

Some I get from good old google image search. There is also a great thread located here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=219970.0

That has links to pages with free photos to use for papercrafting. I find this to be a really helpful thread, along with a lot of the threads in the papercrafting forums.

Along with that, I save funky stamps that I get on envelopes, post cards, vintage photos I find at flea markets, ribbons.. anything I think I can use later. Paper doesn't take up too much space so I don't feel bad about hoarding it. My collection is really tiny, it fits inside of an envelope. Cheesy

You could also try your luck on Etsy too! There are a lot of people there that sell paper ephemera (aka paper bits)

Phew! That was a lot of rambling. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #952 on: August 15, 2008 02:06:39 PM »

Thanks everyone! My computer is hanging in there. I probably shouldn't be using it since the screen is flashing and stripey like being in a disco but the lure of craftster! Tongue I can't take my laptop in to fix till Monday since today was a holiday here. Undecided

The strip down the left I got from rackycoo in a swap. It looks almost musical, you know those machines with the prongs that you put holed paper in, but I'm not sure. Yep, you're right, months on the left and seasons on the right. I wish I'vd been able to find a good turtle, since in the Discworld books that's what the 4 elephants stand on, but I couldn't.

I love your tree on your page gemcraft, and the postcard messages. I agree, there is nothing better than growing your own! I grew up picking veggies in my Dad's veg patch and I love growing my own now, for the challenge and the taste. I hope you're feeling better soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #953 on: August 15, 2008 03:53:32 PM »

ok....those web sites are the bomb!  (that's a good thing Grin)  holy scraps! a whole new world has just opened up to me!!  ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #954 on: August 15, 2008 06:27:37 PM »

Glad I could help. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #955 on: August 15, 2008 09:09:38 PM »

I scanned in two of my 6 (yes 6!) pages I did while I was camping.

Most of them aren't terribly elaborate, and some were so elaborate that I could only start them while I was there and finish them here.

I took some pencils, a glue stick, some markers, my watercolours, some brushes and a pen with me. Enough rambling though, here are my pages:

First:

My Newt Page! It's simple and before I got home it was just the newts. I added the ribbon and the orange stripe of colour when I returned home. These are the same guys in my thread on the more art less craft forum. Smiley

Second:

This page was made using only coloured pencil and found materials, like the leaves and the bit of fern. I took something Phizzy had mentioned and used it in this page. The berries are coloured with smoosed berries! Cheesy The outline is pencil, but the pinkish centers are coloured with berry juice. Those dark flecks are bits of berry skin. Again, a fairly simple page, but I'm really very happy with it.

More soon. It's time for bed now. I'm off to Ren Faire in the morning. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #956 on: August 16, 2008 08:50:52 AM »

I chose my words for this week randomly and came up with apples and automaton. hmmm interesting!!
Whats anyone else doing?

Sunflower - I get stuff from wherever I can, google image searches, "big issue" magazines, free recipe cards etc from anywhere.

Danni - I LOVE the pages, I really like how you used the berries to colour in themselves, and the real leaves stuck on there as well. I'd love to see the others.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #957 on: August 16, 2008 09:44:12 AM »

ohhhh the pages where worth the wait!  they a fab girl...love the newt page ....no I LOVE that newt page....good job!  what did you use for the color? is that water color?  man....I need to start playing more with water color...I just tend to soak the page...that color looks so rich and thick.......hmmmm practice practice...I say to meself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Rio_Supreme
« Reply #958 on: August 16, 2008 10:20:12 AM »

Hi everyone!

First of all, sorry for being late but i was so tired last night i fell asleep before i could post it! I had an idea for the connections page but since i only joined on wednesday i didnt really have the time to do it properly,  :'(so I did the title page for my journal instead. Maybe ill do two pages nxt week...

heres the little dictionary im using (i dont know what language that is)

and heres my titley page! Its got the Visual in the eyes and the Journal in the eyelashes.

As for the pages already up...
Phyzzychick-love that page, and the discworld refuernce was a nice touch, dont worry bout not havin a turtle, everyone knows that once you get past the elephants its turtles alll the way down! Wink

Gemcraft- great envelope page ( i like pages with secrets in them)

Danni- those geckos are too cute and nice resourceful use of berries!! Cheesy

Ok, sorry its a bit long but i thought my first post should be done right!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Try again, fail again, fail better." Samuel Beckett
Gemcraft
« Reply #959 on: August 16, 2008 10:22:28 AM »

Rio - thats an amazing page - I look forward to seeing more of your work (O:
And I like the idea of having a small book as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work in Monotone
How to Create an Alternative Star Trail
How to Effectively Use a Shutter Speed
How to Understand a HDR Image Part 1/2
How to Understand a HDR Image Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...