A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 305031 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RougeRaven
« Reply #940 on: August 14, 2008 05:54:45 AM »

I've already been inspired for my connections page thanks (once again) to craftster. But I can't start it until I catch up and finish my myth page once I get home
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #941 on: August 14, 2008 08:06:23 AM »

Welcome, Rio_Supreme! Fell free to jump in whenever you're ready!

I haven't come up with a connections page, so I may just skip it for now and move onto our list when it's finished. I don't think I'll pick randomly this time since I'm already formulating ideas.  Roll Eyes

Keep the ideas coming, the list looks great! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #942 on: August 15, 2008 06:08:14 AM »

My computer is having problems so it may have to go for repair for a few days Sad Thankfully it's let me load up my page though! Cheesy

Connections. Between the Earth, you, me, trees, worms... The relationship between our words and our actions and their effects. (I'm sure these satellite images will change so much in years to come) Also, because I couldn't resist, a Discworld reference with the elephant.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008 06:10:13 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #943 on: August 15, 2008 06:45:14 AM »

Phizzy - I love that page especially the background, and the celtic type thingy.
I might get a page done today for Connections but Im not sure, I'm feeling so il )O:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #944 on: August 15, 2008 07:10:37 AM »

It's beautiful Phizzy! I love the legs taking root in the top corner! I'll be honest, I missed your collage work. I love your painting style, but your collages give me so much to look at! The vertical strip on the left hand side with the holes in it, what is it? It looks familiar but I can't quite place my finger on what exactly it is... I hate when that happens.

Good luck with your computer!

*hugs to Gem* I'm sorry you're ill. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #945 on: August 15, 2008 09:29:29 AM »

hey ladies!  sorry...haven't dropped off the face of the altered journal along world...been working really hard on our backyard.  my son and I put a small pond in.  anyhoo....it's going to be in the 90's today so.....yuck.  I'll be working on my myth page and connections.    oh phizzy.....I adore that page!  it's always such a treat to see your creations....those pages are incredible!   Danniquee  I can't wait to see you page with the newts...how are they?   question....what types of water color do you all use...mine makes my pages too wet Cry do you glue a few pages together like the web site said...what other things do you all use for color?   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Gemcraft
« Reply #946 on: August 15, 2008 09:59:36 AM »

So I finally made it - heres my connections page - its a bit wierd and abstract, not hugely artistic,  but I enjoyed making it. I used a lot of recycled stuff, envelope, magazines, brown paper envelope, postcards for pictures and cut up to make the mini-cards inside the envelope.

This is the mini postcards inside the envelope. The white one is from a recycled card and the others ar from magazines. The small writing says "What could better explain the relationship betwen nature, human life and the planet, then pressing a seed into the ground and a shoot emerging - crying out to be looked after - and then giving up a tasty, fresh vegetable."

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #947 on: August 15, 2008 10:25:09 AM »

Sunflower - The newts are enjoying their new homes quite a bit. Smiley I have some costume work to do tonight, but if I get that done early enough I'll post up my camping pages, including the newt one. Cheesy

Anyone who is confused should go here to see what we're talking about:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=263266.0

As for what I use to colour, I use a mix of plain old crayola watercolours as well as the fancier kinds that come in the tubes. Not sure what brand. I usually glue two pages at a time together and then go as sparingly as I can on the actual water. I tend to put the water directly onto the square of paint I'm using, a little at a time, and put it on a dry page. If I think it's too dark I take a damp brush and smear it around on the page until it's as light as I'd like. I hope that makes sense.

Other things I use in my pages include acrylic paint, coloured pencils, markers and pens. Nothing special really, just whatever I have in my art stash.

Gemcraft - I love your tiny postcards! And that you did a page about our connection to the Earth and recycled things onto your page! What a great idea. I really like the green section on the left a lot. It's really very pretty. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #948 on: August 15, 2008 10:51:09 AM »

Phizzy- computer paper tape? I love the collage. The elements, the circles, etc. I love reading other people comments since I miss a lot of the small stuff and references to stuff like Discworld. But "the world is a circle..."  Grin And the on/off button in the center!  Grin

Gem - you keep underestimating yourself. Looks artsy to me. Clean simple layout. I really like the green paper on the left.

both of you - I love your connections. Like my sig says "Everything is deeply intertwingled". We're not as isolated as we might feel at times.

I did this post once but it disappeared. I think I punched the wrong button...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Gemcraft
« Reply #949 on: August 15, 2008 11:10:24 AM »

Phizzy -I came back for another look as I missed the on-off switch. And I love that you got the months and the seasons on there - at least I think thats what they are, testing my eyesight and my spanish!

Danni - I'd love to see the camping pages. I looked at your flikr account and it looks like it was fun - and I agree just taking flip flops camping is sily!!

Sactownsue - I guess I just mean that most of what I did was just arranging stuff, theres very little drawing/painting etc. 
And thanks for your message - I did send you a mini email!
Its a pity people liked the green paper on the left cos it was just one postcard so it gone now )O: Ah well!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thai Drunken Noodles
How to Make Healthy Nigiri Sushi Recipe
How to Make Indian Dal
How to Make California Rolls with Special Sushi Rice
How to Cook Sushi Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...