A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 303792 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: July 11, 2008 06:59:21 AM »

Pogo:  I really like your page!  The goddess/faerie sticker on the left is my favorite part.  She's so pretty!
About your pastels--- most art stores (heck, even most WalMarts) carry spray fixative; it comes in a can (like spray paint) and you just squirt a little over your work, let it dry, and repeat as necessary.  Some fixatives will darken the pastels a little bit.  Another thing you could do is to spray it with some cheap aerosol hairspray.  I don't think the squeezy bottle kind will work because too much spray comes out at once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Mah Wists
http://www.wists.com/stardust_wings
graverobbergirl
« Reply #561 on: July 11, 2008 07:11:27 AM »

I just thought I'd post what I have for the architecture page...it's far from finished and the details will be more clear when I have access to a scanner again. Dog-sitting is always a fun (paid) break from life, but I am really excited about getting home to my sewing and crafts again.

I have an idea for how to finish this page off, but obviously was working with limited supplies...

I'll have to come back later to check out all the cool pages I know you guys have posted/are going to post. Don't really have the time now :-(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
Gemcraft
« Reply #562 on: July 11, 2008 10:49:39 AM »

Oops Im glad someone said it was Friday else I wouldnt have noticed! Ive not been too bad today but in absolute agony yesterday and up in the nights with some combination of my fibromyalgia and a virus the dr thinks so Im totally spaced out!!! I was sure Friday was next week somehow!!!

Good job Ive actually finished my pages anyway...althought I also have another window page I want to do as well.

Pogo your window looks so 3D especially the bars on it. I love it. If you want to make the window more bold why dont you put an outline around it?

Graverobbergirl I love your drawing cant wait to see what it is like when its finished.

Heres my improvements on my pages I showed earlier in the week. Including a MORE architecture like one as promised!
The first two pages - the car one is the same as before and the grey flower page is now instead of the green and blue spots, althought i did really like that background.

You cant tell too well here but the stripes at the top and bottom of the page are patterned paper i have gone over the outlines on and the middle section is where i have drawn in strategic places so that....

you can see nothing from the other side!! Heres my dragon and fairy the same as before with a little added outlining, and my more architectural window page with the plants kindof growing from the dragon and fairy page.

And a slightly bigger version of my pink window because im so very pleased with it (O:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Gemcraft
« Reply #563 on: July 11, 2008 11:20:08 AM »

Heres another page I have done - part of my "thinking" journalling!
Sorry theres loads of photos on this one but I couldnt think of another way to show how it folded out.
The page as it starts off - "Yes the floor is mine - Here I am"

Then the postcard folds out - "YES - to kicking like a girl"

Then up - "YES to being down but never out"

And down - "YES to ambition" and "YES to stepping up and saying HERE I AM"

This is the journal page with all the postcard folded out - I think you can read the writing on this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: July 11, 2008 11:43:15 AM »

Pogo - The page works as is. If you want to make the window a little more realistic you could use strips of paper or draw on the window frame.

graverobbergirl - Love your drawing. I found my book that I wanted to use and it has some doorways in there I love so much. With the Moorish style. So beautiful. I hate being away from home base, but the money...

Gem - love the drawing on the pink page. Really well done.
I'm not sure I understand the YES! page. Is that postcard something you made or something found? It's very clever tho. Great thing to keep in a journal.
I too have fibromyalgia and asthma. So much of the smoke in the mountains has floated down here that they are telling healthy people to stay inside. Reminds me of the old pics of Los Angeles, CA, USA and London, England. I have a lot of those kind of days, Friday is next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Gemcraft
« Reply #565 on: July 11, 2008 12:09:15 PM »

Sue - sorry you have it too. Something else funny cos Im so shattered at the moment - I went to the store this morning to buy a tin of rice pudding and I could SWEAR that I picked up and payed for rice pudding, yet when i took it out of the bag at home it was coconut milk )O:

The postcards and cut out writing are from a pack i got from the gym - I just used some which i thought were empowering and related to life not just sports. Its not a very artistic page though, its more journal than art I suppose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #566 on: July 11, 2008 12:29:37 PM »

I like everyone's pages! The variety is great.

Pogo - I think your page is lovely as is! I like the colours and the variety of papers and shapes. The 'randomness' really makes it pop. Smiley If your worried about the pastels smudging get some of that matte spray sealant in the art section of your local craft store. Spray a light caot and you won't have anything to worry about. Matte spray will leave your page pretty much the way it is now. If you get glossy your page will be shiny. Wink

graverobbergirl - Your drawing looks awesome so far! It's so intricate. I can't wait to see it finished. Cheesy

Gemcraft - I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad! *hugs*

You were so busy this week! I love the changes to your pages, especially that you can't see anything through the pink window! That's quite creative. Cheesy

Your postcard page is awesome. It reminds me a lot of a pop up book, with the way it folds over and around to reveal new things every time. I like the bold orange background and all the inspirational quotes. It'll be a great page to look at when you're feeling down in the dumps. Smiley

2 hours until I go home and can post my page. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #567 on: July 11, 2008 03:46:44 PM »

Ok, here is my in progress architecture page...

The window is about 10 pages stuck together and then carved through. I left the top layer of the window separate because I'm considering adding some vellum or netting there to give it a 3 dimensional quality.

The page with the eclipsed moon is also a separate page and still needs some work. Smiley So far I'm happy with it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008 03:47:01 PM by DanniQuee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #568 on: July 11, 2008 08:53:47 PM »

First I have to comment on all the pages...  Smiley

Pogo I love your window page, the only change I might suggest would be to outline your windows somehow, but I like it as it is.

graverobbergirl I can't wait to see the finished drawing, looks very good already

Gemcraft If you really liked the blue/green background you should try to use it somewhere else in your book, I love your window on your pink page. Very pretty and it pulls everything together with the dragon/fairy page.. Your yes page is very positive Smiley... like all the foldouts

DanniQuee Can't wait to see your finished page, I love eclipses

now here's the beginning of my page... I didn't get too far either, mainly because I haven't decided what this page is all about... I had two ideas and couldn't make up my mind... the pictures are smaller this time, but I will post a larger one whenever it's done

this is a scan with the door open. In the opening, there is a piece of mica. There's nothing on the other side yet or on the opposite page, the bubbles in the window are from the mica

and now a finished page  Smiley this is my green rainbow page, well, mostly green. that's a rub on in the upper corner, I did use a brown marker on the outline to make it a little darker

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #569 on: July 11, 2008 10:35:40 PM »

Everyone's pages this week are wonderfully architectural!!  Like always I woke up this morning and suddenly realized that it was FRIDAY (I don't know how it sneaks up on me every week...)   Usually I like to think about an idea for awhile when I'm doing an art piece but today I just decided to play around with stuff on my worktable.  I've been collecting pictures of red doors whenever I see them in my travels and really love this one of number 23 1/2 in FanTan Alley, Victoria BC.  Its a very cool, skinny alley in the old Chinatown there and really is there a better address than that??

the book is a little french school text, I like the look of text without the distraction of words I recognize.  I've been painting page backgrounds whenever I have leftover paint from other projects.  the first page has a gel medium transfer, some stencilling, collaged text (russian and "You know what I am", a random piece of text found on my desk) and a collaged, aged hell note.  Second page has the aged (with sandpaper and paint)picture and a bit of collage and gel pen text.  I had alot of fun just fooling around with my art stuff and think I should do this waay more often!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 25/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 27/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 24/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 2/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 20/29
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...