A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 303,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 366698 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #540 on: July 08, 2008 12:13:50 PM »

Wow... so many pages to catch up on  Smiley

Phizzychick I love what you did to the snail page, it looks a lot more finished now, if that make sense? Love your playing card pages too, I pick up stuff sometimes when I find it, but I don't find too much around here.

SunflowerSmiles I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, but it's a beautiful page to remember her by... I like the row of paw prints along the bottom of the page  Smiley

graverobbergirl great page about ice cream... made me want to go out and get some

bushbaby I love your pages... I like how you put a little bit of red on a mostly blue page... and the key was a nice touch too.  Smiley Your architecture page is so different from the first one, I like it  ..and the skeleton on the column... I missed the bowler at first too, had to go back to look for it

Gemcraft I was never good at writing in a journal, but I always wanted to keep one... I was always worried about someone reading something bad about them or just other personal stuff...but I think art journals are very helpful because you can put down what you feel in pictures or words and it won't necessarily mean anything to someone else, if you feel you need lots of words and don't want someone to see them, hide it behind pictures or in pockets on a page,Talk to your therapist about it too, but I think it can do a lot of good.

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #541 on: July 08, 2008 01:35:42 PM »

graverobbergirl great page about ice cream... made me want to go out and get some

So, I need to tell all of you that I wanted ice cream SO badly that I actually went out and got a chocolate/vanilla twist cone with rainbow sprinkles (in a waffle cone) on my lunch break. Cheesy

The ice cream place by work has a nice picnic area overlooking a rivier out back, so it was a good way to spend some time outside.

« Reply #542 on: July 08, 2008 01:37:31 PM »

My mom went out for an hour or so..so I thought I'd catch up. Geez, I was only gone for like 24 hours!.

Sunflowers-Sorry about your kitty. The page is beautiful. She wouldve LOVED it.
Phizzy-The Paisly is great. I can't draw..at ALL.
Bushbaby-I love both of the pages. The architecture is AMAZING.
Gemcraft- I think journaling is VERY theripudic. Personally, I'm looking forward to sharing my journal with you guys. I know your going to listen, and not judge me. And it helps to know SOMEONES there.

I started on some of my Rainbow pages-Blue and Green. Inspired by conversation in this thread! I have some ideas for red too. Yesterday at like 8 pm..I was searching my art supplies frantically searching for watercolors..and I DIDNT have any. So I walked to the grocery store in the pouring rain to get some. The old ladies at the checkout line were laughing at me. They didnt get it that I needed to paint RIGHT then. Lol.

My artitecture page is still non existant..I have a good idea tho.

Yesterday I went to walmart..and I got an exato knife..scrapbooking paper, and a bunch of stickers for my journal. I also found out that there building a Michel's in Appleton...the closest too me!(Which is still an hour away...I live in the middle of nowhere.)

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!

Ready for something new...

« Reply #543 on: July 08, 2008 01:47:39 PM »

Gees, I took so long to post two people have since posted. Tongue

Phizzychick - great enhancements to your snail page - it is so much fun. And I am absolutely in love with your card page and especially that you knew where every card was from. That is absolutely fantastic!!!
I am always collecting paper items but I don't know that I've ever found a playing card...I'll have to keep an eye out for nifty things. I am generally keeping all of my chopstick wrappers or tea tabs. Someday I must incorporate all those...

SunflowerSmiles - I'm so sorry to hear about your cat too. I think it is wonderful to journal about her though, lovely page!!

Graverobbergirl - cool page about the ice cream!!! I loved the "simple" background of spirals and yet everything is still so bold with your image and letters. (I would love some soft serve now too!!!)

Bushbaby - cool pages. I loved your blue page and how items seemed to have a 3-D effect. The architecture page is nifty in how stark it is.

Gemcraft - Just like everyone has said, I would definitely recommend journaling. I've journaled on and off for years and find a lot of those pages are just me b*tching to get it off my chest. I'll also just open a word document and type thoughts - just to get them in front of me to review. I find both of these things really helpful. I'd say any way you can express yourself would be helpful and if not journaling, poems or images that mean something to you may work too.

your.bestnightmare - love your dedication to your craft! Grin Can't wait to see your pages!

Take care everyone! I hope to get cracking on a page shortly...still finishing up various swaps though... and eegads, you should see my disaster of a home: craft supplies EVERYWHERE. I seriously feel bad for my boyfriend.

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: July 08, 2008 04:58:03 PM »

your.bestnightmare - Please allow me an adult moment here... Based on what I know about Craftster they have gone out of their way to make this a safe place for us to play. But because you are a minor and using someone else's computer...
I would really like you to take some time with your mom to find out what she needs for her to feel her computer and you are safe on the internet. It's best not to sneak around behind her back even if it is to be with us. If she needs internet security there is freeware available. If she's worried about which site you're visiting. Encourage her to sit with you and/or investigate software to track your activities. It could be really unpleasant for the both of you if she discovers that you are sneaking around. It could be a great bonding moment if you have an adult conversation about the internet with her.
You'd be surprised how quickly malware can destroy a computer. And the bad guys love to put that stuff on the "cool" sites. Or whatever term is currently in vogue for "it".
So, please, find a moment when your mom is relaxed and not stressed and have a conversation with her. Tell her why and what you want to do. And if you make promises, keep them.

Back to your regularly schedule program...

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
The Artful Danni

« Reply #545 on: July 08, 2008 07:24:50 PM »

Sometimes adult moments are needed. Wink

Time for a random spread from me!

I did a spread about what I did over the long weekend:

This is one of the rare instances where the scanner made something look BETTER right off the bat. The fireworks don't look nearly as bright in person. Smiley

I think my activities are pretty self explanatory. The dress is a bridesmaid dress, since my best friend and maid of honour was home and we actually went out... and found a dress in UNDER 45 minutes! Quick and painless, just the way I like to shop. Cheesy

Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

doing it all, doing it badly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: July 08, 2008 11:27:20 PM »

I'm sure other people have said this MANY times, but all of these journals are so inspiring!  I actually started a journal back in April because of another post on Craftster, and I think it's one of the best decisions that I've ever made.  I love being able to share it with other people, but also having secrets that I can hide underneath paintings or collages or in an envelope or something like that. 
My journal isn't actually altered (I just used a sketchbook); would it be alright if I journal along with the rest of you, or should I start a different thread for the slightly-less-altered journals?

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.
« Reply #547 on: July 09, 2008 04:16:15 AM »

Wow LOADS of pages to comment on!!
Graverobber girl love your ice cream page

Phizzy I ADORE your card collection and the page about it.

Bushbaby I LOVE both your pages, are the swirls behind you writing on the rust page hand-drawn? They look great. And the architecture one I think is great but I cant really explain why!!

Your best nightmare definitely talk to your mum about the computer, at the worst viruses could mean you lose all the info and any bank details etc and need a new computer. I have downloaded AVG onto mine and its free but quite good.

Danni I like your long weekend spread, but I might be dense.....what the curly green thing on the top of the right page?, and a dress in under  45 minutes!! Wow! Only beat by me finding my wedding dress a year early when looking for something to wear for my cousins wedding, and seeing my dress in the sale rail after my mum had emailed me about it earlier that week, trying it on and buying it!

Radiation baby of course you can join, or post a new thread I Think either is ok. I always love to see new peoples work

And thanks for all the answers to my questioning.
Phizzy I think a lot of what I find so freeing about it is starting a page and not knowing where it will end, it could be silly like slugs or serious like eating disorders. It helps make me feel more like a whole person rather than a good public bit and a bad private bit, if that makes sense? So Im not sure keeping two separate journals would work for me but I know if I want I can always be selective in what I show people.

Sue no i havnt talked with my counsellor about it yet.  I keep meaning to and not doing so but as I said I only have a very few sessions left so I WILL mention it to her this next one. I need to talk to her about how to keep steady after our sessions stop anyway.

Personally, I've never worried about it. My journal is for me, and if someone else reads it and chooses to judge me by it then they can just shove off. I didn't invite them into my head. ..whoops. Went on a tangent.
I LOVE your thoughts!!
I might try a smaller book thought with ready made backgrounds and some more portable materials sometime

Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: July 09, 2008 05:25:15 AM »

Great coffee cup! It has reminded me I've not used my cup and saucer stamp for a while Cheesy It's interesting to see your weekend spread as it's something that will be particularly 'of the moment' when you look back at your journal in years to come.

I dug out my oil pastels last night and masking tape. Always my favourite combination at uni Cheesy

This is page one. I'm going to choose a random page later in my journal to complete the song.

I think adult moments are needed sometimes too, much though I hate to be an adult Cheesy I hope you can talk to your Mum and sort your computer use out. Smiley

« Reply #549 on: July 09, 2008 08:21:33 AM »

Phizzy I like your page - different from usual but good. I have never thought of using masking tape with my pastels - what did you do with it?

I'm going to do a more architectural page for Friday so Im going to post this now for some advice, its the original page which I thought of for doors and windows mainly because i had just made a card for my sister passing her driving test. Its a bit of a cartoony style but I am pleased with how the "windows" worked.

Here are the first two pages you see - the green and blue spots page is an unfinished background and the windows on the car page are cut out so you can see through.......

And this is what you can see when you turn the page over - notice how the paper is arranged so the dragon and the fairy are sat in the car. I might do some drawing on this page as well but not where the car windows are. The pink page is also an unfinished background

Anyway the problem is what to do with the pink page and the blue and green spots page especially the bits you can see through the windows in the pink page. I have a few very small ideas but need more inspiration.
Any ideas anyone? I'd like to keep the background for the pink page but I have no problem with covering over the spots one with something else. 

Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Annie Lederman Interviews Joe DeRosa on Cheat
John Norcross on Sustaining Behavior Change
The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
Sarah Beth Durst on Her Book Vessel
J.K. Rowling Launches Adult Debut Novel at London Event
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...