A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 311146 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gemcraft
« Reply #450 on: July 04, 2008 09:01:46 AM »

Phizzy - I love your page the same today as I did yesterday. I like the moon

Taya - welcome

Heres my page - it wasnt how I expected it to be but I quite like it. The background isnt very clear in the picture but its red sparkly tissue paper.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008 09:06:43 AM by Gemcraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #451 on: July 04, 2008 09:24:26 AM »

Ohhh Phizzy! I LOVE Type O... Mmm... Peter Steele... *drool* I mean.. ^_^;; I love metal (the music) so much... <3

Onto your page though... It's amazing! I love the eyes on the moon and the metal pieces are awesome. It's such a deviation from your usual bright style, it's amazing.

Hi Taya! Feel free to jump right in!

Gem - I love the sparkly background, it works so well with your belly dancer sketch! Belly dance outfits are always so sparkly and glamorous and the background conveys that really well.

Here is my page for this week. I got greedy and snagged 3 themes: Snails, Text and Stitching/Fabric.

The text reads.. "look.. love muffins lost beneath your feet. secret no more."

I'm really pleased with it, even though at first it seemed pretty daunting. I randomly chose a few words of text, and then filled in the blanks to make a coherent thought. It actually worked out to be relevant to my mood, since I've been working nonstop with wedding things. (The love muffins part moreso than the lost part.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: July 04, 2008 12:07:33 PM »

Yeah, DanniQuee, that man is pretty much a God to me! I saw them in England a few years ago in Manchester (up north), then the next night I trekked down to London for the other UK gig on the tour. Cool Sadly I missed them last year.

Gemcraft, the sparkly background is perfect, and that's a saucy outfit! Wink Great layout!

DanniQuee, you have great balance on your page and I love the way you've used stitching. I really wasn't that imaginative when I tackled that one on mine.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008 12:31:26 PM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #453 on: July 04, 2008 12:22:27 PM »

Danni - I Love your page - the snails are so cute, and you have done something interesting with the background top right - what is it?
I love the leaves and curly grass too.
When is your wedding? How is the planning going? We made our wedding invites, and orders of service , placenames etc! It was madness.

Thanks for your comments on mine, I was unsure about it because I drew the belly dancer in pencil and wondered if it should have been  more colourful. Credit for the costume goes to Raksana the Poppet!! I looked on the internet first for human belly dancers, but couldnt find a picture I liked.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224580.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #454 on: July 04, 2008 12:54:28 PM »

Wow Phizzychick!!! It seems like such a change from your usual work. I love it!!! I love the vines at the very top, the womans face, the lyrics! Nice Work! (And Type O Negative is an awesome band! His voice is just sooooo sexy. Ive seen them in concert probably three times I wouldnt have thought of that album title though.)

Gemcraft were your words shimmy and music? I love your drawing in the center, the music, and the words. Ok, I love the background sheet too. I think it all worked out nicely.

Taya - welcome, post away! Smiley

DanniQuee your background is so pretty! I love the stitching and the wild random words.

I really need to take notes from the rest of you on creating a background!

So I had 13 and Stripes. I had no clue what to do until I saw the company newsletter with the post about the 4th of July and went Duh. So that was my inspiration for the week. Again, I used what I had the easiest access to: text, pics, and pastels (although now Im wondering these are like greasy crayonswould those be pastels? LOL. Im using this art box I received as a gift and threw away the contents sheet. Anywho.) I left an edge around my page so I can add notes about today or specifically tonightonce it occurs. Cheesy

In the left part of the flag I left some of the words like "you are entitled" and "know what's going on", etc.

Welp, let me know what you all think, I welcome tips for next week!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: July 04, 2008 01:02:54 PM »

That's a perfect page for today! I really like the sketchy-ness of it, and that's a great idea too, leaving areas to write in afterwards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #456 on: July 04, 2008 01:18:50 PM »

Pogo - I like it, especially how you can add things to it and I like yout list of things to get freedom from.

I think your 'crayons' are oil pastels - I used them in some of my backgrounds, the Charlie and Lola one and the Eating Disorders one. I like them, they are kindof crayon like though but can make a more soild colour if you work them over and over a lot. For some reason using white over the top of colours seems to make the colours fill in the gaps more...if that makes sense?

What else is in your art box?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #457 on: July 04, 2008 03:23:31 PM »

Thanks you two!

Pogo - I like it, especially how you can add things to it and I like yout list of things to get freedom from.

I think your 'crayons' are oil pastels - I used them in some of my backgrounds, the Charlie and Lola one and the Eating Disorders one. I like them, they are kindof crayon like though but can make a more soild colour if you work them over and over a lot. For some reason using white over the top of colours seems to make the colours fill in the gaps more...if that makes sense?

What else is in your art box?
Gemcraft - I was going to use my boss' name but I thought that would be rude. Tongue

Oil pastels would make sense. I found using white on top of the red made a pink though. Does that sound right? The box also has colored pencils, graphite pencils, and I believe watercolor paints...or perhaps they are acrylic? (I haven't used them yet.) Yep - I am wishing I'd kept that sheet. Tongue

I also wanted to mention that you can add me to the list of sloppy crafters. My boyfriend has giving up on scolding me for my crafts being everywhere. I feel the guilt but I can't make amends (yet).
And lastly - I saw my first slug (in a very long time) too! I was walking to the laundry room and was so shocked to see it. I watched for a second - boyfriend (Dr. Doolittle) had to touch it but not me. Eww.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
panthermoon
« Reply #458 on: July 04, 2008 05:47:18 PM »

First here's my page for today, it's kind of dark, but most of my space pictures had too much going on or were too small

my theme was stripes and space

Gemcraft Love your belly dance page, I think the drawing works very well as it is, any brighter and it would fight the the rest of the page, I used to take belly dance lessons, but I never got to the point of getting an outfit for it...

DanniQuee the stitching on your page looks great, the snails are cute   Smiley

Pogo that is very appropriate for today & it's nice that you left room for writing about today

great pages everyone! Welcome to the group taya!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: July 04, 2008 06:29:10 PM »

Phizzy - Very interesting page. Not much green this time. The rusty stuff is so interesting the way it meshes with the other elements. You have such a great knack for composition. And I love moons probably since that is my sign. Not familiar with that group tho.
Gemcraft - seems like poppets have really arrived that they are now inspiration for someone's journaling and sketching. excellent sketch.
DanniQuee - I'm surprised to see "love muffins" and snails in the same bit of art. LOL. Love the composition and texture.
Pogo - Freedom from "pointy heady bosses" hallelujah! I know that feeling. Probably best you not name names. Could come back to bite you in the a??. But I can give you my list...
panthermoon - love the colors. And the theme. Of course my sig says something to the same effect... I love the way you balanced the page.
Taya - welcome! Did you bring any cupcakes with you?

and to everyone. I am learning so much from all of you even tho I haven't contributed much yet... I haven't been feeling too good. But I can look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Draw A Cartoon Alien
How To Draw Saturn
How To Draw Cartoon Monsters
How to Draw a Drum Set
How Drawings Express Feelings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...