A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
716 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 303629 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: June 28, 2008 08:35:57 PM »

think I'll work on that tonight....keeps my mind off of very baaaaad thoughts.....and Sactownsue......ohh hhh that would be lovely....but hmmmmm  how bout if I use rubber cement so thennnnn he has to STAY there!!!  ahhhh feeling better now.  thanx all you girls for the help! I will post as soon as I get my first page!!! 
Whatever it takes. As long as it's not illegal and no bunnies are harmed.
If you don't have anything at home. LIke they said, $ store, thrift store, yard sale, cardstock, a book you hate...
Hope you feel better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
calluna
« Reply #381 on: June 28, 2008 09:36:02 PM »

There is a Salvation Army "outlet store" in my town, since apparently they have more donations than they know what to do with, and they have massive appliance boxes filled with booksn that are either free or grocery-bag-full for $.50! And I literally filled the trunk of my car with books to be torn apart when a local junk store was going out of business, and I think I paid $3 for all those books! In situations like that, I feel like anything that can be done with those books is better than leaving them there in a book graveyard.

But please please please don't write in books that belong to a library!!! (unless they're discarding them, of course--that's another good source for low-guilt book-altering. Grin) I had a library job that involved spending many an hour erasing notes and underlining from newly-returned books, which meant that there wasn't time for all the work I was actually hired to do. (yes, that's a complete non-sequitur paragraph)

It's also nice sometimes to just start in with an altering experiment, not intending to make "Something" out of it, and then you can re-evaluate as you go if you like how it's turning out. So just try a new technique for the sake of trying it and creating a sample of what it looks like. If it gets messed up, no harm done!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008 10:11:32 AM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: June 29, 2008 01:50:10 AM »

Aww, I'm missing seeing all the new pages when they're posted and chatting about ideas with you all! My folks are here for the weekend so I'm just snatching a few minutes on here till they moan about neglect! Cheesy

There has been some great pages added this weekend! graverobbergirl, I love the stitching on your snails!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008 02:49:28 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #383 on: June 29, 2008 03:21:35 AM »

Pogo I shall have a think about what to do with that page maybe I will leave it (haha) as it is and do another similar one with colours. The small leaves round the top left corner is a stamp and ink. The larger one is a real leaf I randomly picked up the other day (!) and black acrylic paint.

Graverobbergirl I like how its as if we are the girl looking out the window.

Sunflower sometimes I find it useful to have some ready painted backgrounds in my book as starting points. The yellow paint background for my slugs was predone, as were the small leaf prints on the page I just did.

Sactownsue what a great idea, I could do it with my husband too, hes very tall so theres lots of space to work on.

Phizzy thats ok, this thread is kindof addictive isnt it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #384 on: June 29, 2008 06:53:38 AM »

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, paper mache the husband, thank you for the chuckle!

Sunflower, I hope you are feeling better by now.  I also find that painting "backgrounds" can really calm my mind.  And if I even get stuck on what to paint on and what color to use, or don't have a suitable book - I just pick one color and a piece of newspaper, and then try another color and another piece of paper...  simple to do and I usually end up with something I can use for some purpose, or if not then I usually feel better having just done something involving color and going through the motions of painting... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: June 29, 2008 01:00:32 PM »

I just needed some sleep and to cool off.  I have a great life.....no need for me to be complaining.  I think I'll make a trip to the thrift store to see what I can come up with there before I venture into making my journal as that process will delay me in my altered journey! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Gemcraft
« Reply #386 on: July 01, 2008 12:12:27 PM »

Hi - how is everyone doing?
I love the way we are doing these themes but miss the chat and showing of pges during the week - I've done some more this week - has anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: July 01, 2008 12:22:17 PM »

hey everyone....after much looking for the perfect "book" to alter...I found them!  Yes!  Them...two!  I found them at half-price books for cheap!  so now on to altering!  I'll be posting soon.  Be gentle cause I don't think I'm a paper artist and such!  but I can't wait to try.... Everyone on craftster is the most incredible....so it's silly me, asking ya'll to be gentle!  all of you are!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #388 on: July 01, 2008 12:48:42 PM »

Hi - how is everyone doing?
I love the way we are doing these themes but miss the chat and showing of pges during the week - I've done some more this week - has anyone else?

I know! I miss it too. ;_;

I haven't done ANY work in my journal, since it's been a hectic few days for me. Maybe tonight I'll get some work done. I hope so. I miss journalling as much as I miss everyone's pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #389 on: July 01, 2008 01:11:28 PM »

Sunflower - looking forward to seeing your book.
Danni - I've been dead busy too but somehow I have done journalling - I am doing a lot of very quick pages at the moment when the inspiration strikes me, as you will see in a minute. And the black pen sketching for these I did on the train.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Thread a Needle by Hand
How to Make an Advent Wreath
How to Make a No-Sew Superhero Cape
How To Build a Starship Enterprise Out of a Floppy Disk
How to Turn Soap Slivers Into a New Bar of Soap
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...